The Winds of Change are a blowing

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...ad-most-keepers

Unsurprising in that the Bills have had one of the highest turnover of personnel already. Only 4 teams have kept less people so far.

One description by a competitor about our recent teams stands out for me, it was something like: "The Bills always play hard, but they're not hard to beat." I think that this has sums up our team very well. The late John Wooden said "never mistake activity for achievement". Well we've always played hard, just not effectively.

We're a very young team in transition, hopefully we can develop that youth and remove the stink of mediocrity.

New coach, new GM, new staff, keeping the fewest number of previous players. Sounds like a good start to me. It also doesn't just feel like change for changes sake. It really feels like we've got a plan and hopefully the right guys to carry it out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsurprising in that the Bills have had one of the highest turnover of personnel already. Only 4 teams have kept less people so far.

One description by a competitor about our recent teams stands out for me, it was something like: "The Bills always play hard, but they're not hard to beat." I think that this has sums up our team very well. The late John Wooden said "never mistake activity for achievement". Well we've always played hard, just not effectively.

We're a very young team in transition, hopefully we can develop that youth and remove the stink of mediocrity.

New coach, new GM, new staff, keeping the fewest number of previous players. Sounds like a good start to me. It also doesn't just feel like change for changes sake. It really feels like we've got a plan and hopefully the right guys to carry it out.

I am not very optimistic that 2010 is a great season for the Bills, but, I think we will find out that this team has a little more talent than the previous regime was willing to show. Incompetent coaching begets incompetent play...

Sounds like the new staff is searching for answers with lots and lots of question marks and holes to fill. Wow what a plan! All adds up to another loosing season and or seasons... Hard to get excited about that.

Sounds like the new staff is searching for answers with lots and lots of question marks and holes to fill. Wow what a plan! All adds up to another loosing season and or seasons... Hard to get excited about that.

Don't you just hate it when the season is all loose and what not?

Wow way to support your team...... I can't stand this. Why are you even a bills fan? Please answer me. I want to know what makes you a fan and or a supporter of the Bills..TELL ME!! ................ I got it your a troll

Wow way to support your team...... I can't stand this. Why are you even a bills fan? Please answer me. I want to know what makes you a fan and or a supporter of the Bills..TELL ME!! ................ I got it your a troll

What did I say that made you so angry? I support my team by watching them every week via Direct Tv NFL Ticket which cost over $300. I support my team by buying merchandise like jerseys. I support my team by educating myself via the internet, radio, and tv. Did that answer your question!!!!!!!!!!!

What I won't do is paint a rosey picture of upcoming season. I don't believe the Bills are going to win many games. I think the team is rebuilding, struggling for an identity, evaluating talent or lack of, learning new schemes, system, and philosophy, etc.. IN THE LONG RUN, I am optimistic this can produce a winning team which leads to playoff wins and a Super bowl win.

However, in the short term, this year, next year, and maybe the following year the team is most likely to struggle. I want to win NOW!

A true fan is able to objectively critique their team and accept the teams weaknesses and strengths. I guess your not willing to even address and or listen to others negative feedback. How shallow is that?

NSFW

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man, I've wanted to start watching this show for a long time now.

This seals it!

"The s_ _ _ winds are a comin', boys!"

Here's to hoping we s_ _ _ all over those bright whites of the Dolphins. :lol:

What did I say that made you so angry? I support my team by watching them every week via Direct Tv NFL Ticket which cost over $300. I support my team by buying merchandise like jerseys. I support my team by educating myself via the internet, radio, and tv. Did that answer your question!!!!!!!!!!!

What I won't do is paint a rosey picture of upcoming season. I don't believe the Bills are going to win many games. I think the team is rebuilding, struggling for an identity, evaluating talent or lack of, learning new schemes, system, and philosophy, etc.. IN THE LONG RUN, I am optimistic this can produce a winning team which leads to playoff wins and a Super bowl win.

However, in the short term, this year, next year, and maybe the following year the team is most likely to struggle. I want to win NOW!

A true fan is able to objectively critique their team and accept the teams weaknesses and strengths. I guess your not willing to even address and or listen to others negative feedback. How shallow is that?

I agree with you.

All is not 'sunshine and lollipops' at OBD. It will take time.

But I have to say, I'm finally interested again. I just re-upped for Sunday Ticket, too. Atleast we get HD included this year, so from that sense the price went down. How often does that happen?

I think we finally have a coach and staff w/an identity. There is talent, it was mismanaged for several years. And we really need a starting LT.

One thing to remember about the Bills the past couple of seasons has been that they have been in most of the games they played. Injuries to key players & lack of conditioning were common problems. We should no longer suffer from those maladies. We are building a running back group built for the long haul. Our coach knows how to cater an offense to the abilities of his players. If we can remain relatively injury free (as compared to seasons past), could the Bills win an extra game or 2 per year? I think so.

There are holes, to be sure. Questions. But for the first time in about a decade, I have a certain sense that this is for real. The plan to build a winner is in motion.

The problem is you do nothing but whine. You offer the same tired opinion on every thread with little (or nothing) in the way of any real analysis or thought. Just "the Bills will suck". Great. This is why you are tiresome and many people think you are a troll.

30% of the season ending roster is gone?

Who?

He's not a Bills fan. He's a troll that comes in and tries to stir the pot. He's probably a fan of another AFCE team who gets his jollies from coming here and doing it. What a looser. :lol:

Back on topic. I think the Jests turnover is going to bite them in the ass. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Bills finish ahead of them this year. Why they felt the need to cut Thomas Jones mystifies me and a lot of the players on the Jests.

Don't like it? No one is holding you hostage. 31 other NFL teams, College and CFL to choose from. Don't keep torturing yourself.

PTR

30% of the season ending roster is gone?

Who?

I don't know what numbers Graham is using, but a roster is 53 players, and if you take his 71.2% number, you get close to 38. But if you take 38 and divide by 53, you get 71.7%. I assume he's saying the Bills let-go of 15 players. But they really let-go of 17.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#players-tab-...n-team:team-buf

And likely more of those who were re-signed by the Bills will be gone. I'd say that the turnover will ultimately be over 40%.

The problem is you do nothing but whine. You offer the same tired opinion on every thread with little (or nothing) in the way of any real analysis or thought. Just "the Bills will suck". Great. This is why you are tiresome and many people think you are a troll.

How are you going to react when Kawicka Mitchell gets cut because the team won't pay $3 million for veteran depth?

Does a "true fan" suck it up and believe the nonsense that the move was motivated by a desire to get "younger at the position"?

Or does a true fan hold the organization accountable?

Well, while turnover isn't "great"... only 3 of our released players are on teams other than "TBD" (which doesn't stand for Two Bills Drive).

So, no one else wants them either (yet). So, that doesn't make turnover a bad thing if you cut bad players.

There's probably going to be a few more names added to that list before camp closes - Schobel for one...

Also, they have 7 unsigned draft picks with a full 80 man roster, so 7 more players will go - and I wouldn't be surprised if there were another name from our 2009 team.

Oh goody, another fan at TBD attacking a fellow fan. We don't have enough of that so thanks for adding your bile to the poison pot.

One can be a fan and love this team dearly and yet be realistic as to what the next year or two holds in store for the team. At the same time, other fans are optimistic, even more so than objective reality woud support. And both groups are fans. Both groups have just as much right to express their thoughts here as anyone else without being told that they aren't real fans or that they are naive cheerleaders.

Rather than attack this fan as a troll, an interesting tack by the way for someone with 16 posts, you could have set out to convince him that he is wrong and that we are in fact going to have a great season. Who knows? Maybe you would have convinced him instead of alienating him. Wouldn't that have been better than initiating yet another round of middle school locker room towel snapping?