Bills ranked 32 out of 32.... LOL!

I just wish all of these idiots picking us as the worst team in the league this season we willing to bet on it. In fact, i can virtually guarantee we will not be any worse than last season. So, if they think that the Bills will be the worst team in the league at 6-10 (at worst), then so be it. But if they think we are going 0-16 or 1-15, these guys are even dumber than they are already considered.

Talk about mailing in their job. These so-called "experts" are all idiots. Look, I am not sure how good we will be. I am not sure if we will make the Playoffs or if we will struggle again this season. But I GUARANTEE that we will not have the worst record in the league. I'd bet my house on it.

We are not the worst team in the league. That's ridiculous. We've got 20 guys coming back from IR, a strong defense, and an offensive minded coach. Good, solid draft.

I like the way they are piecing together this team with these free agent signings.

What, was Jimmy Clausen going to come in and take charge of the team? preposterous. We've got 3 guys right now better equipped than him.

Yeah, this I dont understand at all. 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, especially when you have Jauron and co. as coaches, and are as injury plagued as we were, hardly equals worst team in the league. I too would bet anything I own that we are not, and will not be, the worst team in the league this year. Where these guys get some of this stuff is beyond me. I mean below the Rams? And the Bucs? Hopefully these guys on this team read these things and it puts a chip on their shoulders, but I just dont understand how we can be considered that bad in someones eyes. Ignorant, to say the least.

I don't think we are the worst team in the NFL. With that said, I do believe it's going to be a LONGGGGGGG year. We still have to many holes, too many average guys, too many unproven guys that we need to step up. Not liekly all the guys are going to be productive. A new coaching staff with new systems and schemes. A new defensive scheme called the 3-4. Plus, the schedule is pretty tough especially the first half. We might be 0-6 or 0-7. Guys this all adds up to 4 or 5 wins IMO. A six win season would suprise me. Bottom line another year of medicore football.

Yeah, this I dont understand at all. 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, especially when you have Jauron and co. as coaches, and are as injury plagued as we were, hardly equals worst team in the league. I too would bet anything I own that we are not, and will not be, the worst team in the league this year. Where these guys get some of this stuff is beyond me. I mean below the Rams? And the Bucs? Hopefully these guys on this team read these things and it puts a chip on their shoulders, but I just dont understand how we can be considered that bad in someones eyes. Ignorant, to say the least.

What they see with the Rams & Bucs are 1st round QBs with the potential to lift their teams higher than the Bills QBs. I think the media sees the rookie & sophomore QBs as having a lot more upside than our bunch. The irony here is there are a lot of posters calling for Ryan Fitzpatrick to get cut, yet the Bills only won 1 game of those 6 wins where Fitzpatrick wasn't the main guy at QB. If the Bills start Fitzpatrick or if Edwards returns to being the guy who was 5-0 at the start of the 2008 season (JP was the main QB for the 1 in 5-1) this team won't be the worst team. The big problem is that all the moves Nix & Gailey made in the offseason scream 2-3 year rebuild, and you usually take a step back in rebuild mode before taking 2 steps forward. I view this season as very similar to 2001, where the team was torn apart to rebuild by Donahoe & Gregg Williams and went from 8-8 to 3-13. Like 2001, the new coach & GM know this year is basically a free ride. Realistically, it's tough to find too many teams that, with our LT & QB situation, are going to have as tough a time as we will, especially at the start of the season with a totally new defense.

I just wish all of these idiots picking us as the worst team in the league this season we willing to bet on it. In fact, i can virtually guarantee we will not be any worse than last season. So, if they think that the Bills will be the worst team in the league at 6-10 (at worst), then so be it. But if they think we are going 0-16 or 1-15, these guys are even dumber than they are already considered.

Talk about mailing in their job. These so-called "experts" are all idiots. Look, I am not sure how good we will be. I am not sure if we will make the Playoffs or if we will struggle again this season. But I GUARANTEE that we will not have the worst record in the league. I'd bet my house on it.

Im willing to bet on it......and Im a fan.

1. This team is rebuilding.

2. They have an offensive line that has not gelled.

3. They DO NOT have a franchise quarterback or even a proven winner. God help you if you're going to make the TE argument.

4. New coaching staff.

5. New defensive scheme.

6. And maybe the most concerning especially regarding the future of the franchise, a meddling owner who is hell bent on running this business his way, which is based on outdated philosophy and is rapidly deteriorating the franchise from the interior.

Tell me, of the other 31 teams in the NFL, which one exactly do you think have 6 points that match up to that?

Thats what journalist are basing their "Ranking" on. Its got nothing to do with your pride. So look at it more objectively.

I strongly doubt the Bills will finish with the worst W-L record in the NFL. 6-10 or 7-9 seems about right for this team. But I'd honestly prefer 1-15 to 6-10. 1-15 gets us what should be a franchise QB. 6-10 gets us a draft position similar to the one we just had!

Steve Wyche last year rated the Bills' draft terrible because they didn't draft enough starters to make an impact immediately. That is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard until this year in this article where he discusses TB:

"22. Buccaneers -- Tampa Bay could be this season's sleeper team -- if the rookies all step up. That's asking a lot. They should be a lot better, especially on offense, but not quite yet."

You'll note that he makes two statements 1) TB could be a sleeper team if the rookies step up and 2) they should be a lot better. you'll note that he quickly contradicts each statement by saying that asking the rookies to step up is quite a big ask and that they should be better but not yet - I'm not sure how that makes them this year's sleeper team and worthy of a ranking higher than 10 other teams in the league when they were only better than 2 other teams last year, but I digress.

I can't believe this guy gets paid to say that kind of stuff.

I really wish the Bills would bottom out this year, but they won't. They will figure out a way to win six games. Guaranteed. For one, their defense is too good to be the worst team in the league.

Even with getting guys back on defense I can't imagine we will be as good. Completely new scheme and terminology, no consistency, probably lose Schobel, everyone in new positions, counting on Maybin and Ellis to all of a sudden do something.

I'd say we are middle of the pack on defense, last or close to last in the league on offense. Good for 5th worse in the league overall. 6 wins I'd say is too much, more like 3-5. Who are we going to beat? We can't win putting up 10 points a game, no matter how good our defense is, which it's not.

Im willing to bet on it......and Im a fan.

1. This team is rebuilding.

2. They have an offensive line that has not gelled.

3. They DO NOT have a franchise quarterback or even a proven winner. God help you if you're going to make the TE argument.

4. New coaching staff.

5. New defensive scheme.

6. And maybe the most concerning especially regarding the future of the franchise, a meddling owner who is hell bent on running this business his way, which is based on outdated philosophy and is rapidly deteriorating the franchise from the interior.

Tell me, of the other 31 teams in the NFL, which one exactly do you think have 6 points that match up to that?

Thats what journalist are basing their "Ranking" on. Its got nothing to do with your pride. So look at it more objectively.

How is that any different then last year? All of your issues were around last year, except for #4 which I actually see as a positive. So the only negative I see this year is a the new defensive scheme might hurt the team for a little while. Other then that we are in the same if not slightly better boat then last year. I'm not saying we will pull off another 6 wins, but I just don't see how we are all of a sudden the worst team.

How is that any different then last year? All of your issues were around last year, except for #4 which I actually see as a positive. So the only negative I see this year is a the new defensive scheme might hurt the team for a little while. Other then that we are in the same if not slightly better boat then last year. I'm not saying we will pull off another 6 wins, but I just don't see how we are all of a sudden the worst team.

We're losing one of our best players on offense (Terrell Owens) and probably losing one of our best players on defense (Schobel). Due to the transition to the 3-4, some of our guys from last year will be playing out of position. That's not too huge a deal in the long run--the guys playing out of position are mostly guys who need to be replaced anyway--but it's still a temporary source of pain. We're also losing Brad Butler; though I admit that we didn't get a full 16 games out of him last year either. Plus it's not clear how much we can count on Marshawn.

I realize the negatives I've just listed will be partially or fully balanced out by a number of positives. Better coaching. A solid draft. A few reasonably solid free agent signings. Players from the 2009 draft contributing more as second year players than they did as rookies. The potential emergence of guys previously hidden on the depth chart. (Such as Steve Johnson.)

There's a significant chance the Bills will have a 6-10 record or better. That makes me nervous. Sure, winning games is always nice, but at this point we need a franchise quarterback. Someone might come back at me with, "Winning games now helps build confidence in the players for the future." I'll grant that. But you know what else inspires confidence in the players? Having a franchise quarterback. If you have a Peyton Manning under center, you know that you have a chance to win on any given Sunday!

When ranking the Bills, there are 5 things that jump out at you:

1) this is a team that is clearly rebuilding and not reloading

2) the entire coaching staff is new

3) there is no clear starter at QB (is there one on this team?)

4) there is a new play book and defensive scheme being implemented

5) there is no clear starter at LT (is there one on this team?)

Does anyone think this guy really went out on a limb to pick the Bills at the bottom?

What will be interesting this year is if we end the year as a team nobody wants to play instead of having opposing teams circling the date against the Bills down on the calendar as the date that both your RBs will go over 100 yards rushing.

The Bills should be competitive if they can climb out of near bottom in stopping the run and can run the ball. They should have some playmakers on special teams and the secondary will hopefully help ball-hawk their way to a few wins.

ok, so i understand they have a better QB and all but, keep in mind that GB switched to a 3-4 last yr, so its not guaranteed that the D will take a step back, esp with the secondary. our D could actually help carry this team.

Either way, with all the setbacks last yr we still went 6-10, and with a real coaching staff and what they bring to the table, we will not be any worse.

Fixed

You could have added that Jauron ball worked in the Jets game. Despite totally owning the Bills physically on both sides of the ball, the Jets inexplicably kept lofting interception after interception. Jauron ball is all about keeping it close and making the other team pay for their mistakes. It worked great. :wacko:

On the other hand, if Schottenheimer Jr. had just stayed on the ground, the Bills lose.

If you can guarantee that we will not be worse than 6-10, go to Vegas and bet your house on the Bills winning 6 or more. Otherwise you are as unprepared to back up what you say as the so-called experts.