Woman fired from CitiBank for "being too hot"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love that the guys at Citibank were like "youre too hot for us to get any work done around, and we can't NOT sexually harass you, so we're just going to fire you before anything happens."

she is pretty hot, but i have a thing for latinas...

http://www.businessinsider.com/debrahlee-l...ana-citi-2010-6

She'd get fired in Miami for not being hot enough.

I love the list of "evidence", two emails that she wrote and a bunch of things that she said happened. Yeah, that will hold up.

Exactly, she seems pretty full or herself. I especially hate this self-congratulatory non-factual statement:

"A woman in Puerto Rico takes care of herself."

A quick google search finds what I thought I had heard before:

A study of U.S. Hispanic populations indicates that 40.7% of Puerto Ricans are classified as overweight (BMI in excess of 85th percentile of US reference standards) and an additional 15.0% classified as obese (BMI in excess of 95th percent).4 Puerto Ricans living on the mainland have a similar obesity prevalence as island Puerto Ricans (21% versus 22%, respectively), but island Puerto Ricans have significantly lower access to primary preventive health care, placing them at greater risk for complications of chronic obesity.5 One of the most important chronic conditions associated with obesity is type 2 diabetes. A study in 1999 indicated that 9.6% of island Puerto Ricans suffer from type 2 diabetes, higher than the U.S. national average.12 Residents of Puerto Rico are 1.8 times more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than U.S. non-Hispanic whites,9 and the diabetes in elder Puerto Rican populations living in the mainland is generally more poorly controlled than the diabetes of non-Hispanic whites.1

It's fairly obvious she wasn't fired for being too hot (although she is very attractive), at least not officially. She was fired for dressing inappropriately. That's a big difference.

Now, she may have been actually fired for being a total pain in the ass, or because the guys she worked with were horndogs who couldn't keep their concentration around an attractive woman, she may have used too much perfume or had bad BO. But firing her for inappropriate dress was probably the safest reason to give her...and it might be even be true.

Citibank HR must be a mess because if this story is true they really fell down on the job. Like anything I am sure there is "another side" but her story is pretty interesting. Chances are if there is any truth they cut her a settlement. I also wonder about her lawyer as he is publicity chasing - trying to drum up business no doubt. He is likely to cost her settlement money because he seems like an idiot.

Citibank HR must be a mess because if this story is true they really fell down on the job. Like anything I am sure there is "another side" but her story is pretty interesting. Chances are if there is any truth they cut her a settlement. I also wonder about her lawyer as he is publicity chasing - trying to drum up business no doubt. He is likely to cost her settlement money because he seems like an idiot.

Whether or not there is any truth, there will probably be a settlement anyway.

Whether or not there is any truth, there will probably be a settlement anyway.

"After several trips to HR and a transfer to a different branch, Lorenzana was fired by Citibank, which cited disciplinary problems and poor performance.

Since Lorenzana signed a mandatory-arbitration clause when she was hired by Citibank, her case will never go to trial, but will be settled by aribitrators who will be left to decide this muddy case."

I say it was because her feet are too big...

"After several trips to HR and a transfer to a different branch, Lorenzana was fired by Citibank, which cited disciplinary problems and poor performance.

Since Lorenzana signed a mandatory-arbitration clause when she was hired by Citibank, her case will never go to trial, but will be settled by aribitrators who will be left to decide this muddy case."

I say it was because her feet are too big...

Not Authorized

You don't have permission to access /too-hot-for-citibank.4877410.87.jpg on this server.