Glenn Beck is an idiot

In his radio show, "The Glenn Program" on Premiere Radio Networks, Beck mocked Malia Obama for asking her father if he'd managed to stop oil from continuing to spill out into the Gulf of Mexico. At a news conference Thursday, the president recounted how his daughter had asked him, "Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?" -- in an effort to illustrate how all Americans are anxious about the BP oil rig that's now become America's worst oil spill in history.

Afterward Beck made fun of the anecdote, imitating Malia in a squeaky voice.

"Daddy? Daddy? Daddy, did you plug the hole yet? Daddy?" he said. Then Beck's co-host Pat Gray responded as if he were the president.

"Honey, not yet... Not time yet, honey. Hasn't done enough damage," Gray said.

Then Beck took his argument a step further, saying the exchange reveals something about Malia's education. The 11-year-old and her 9-year-old sister Sasha go to Sidwell Friends, and exclusive and high-performing academy that's sometimes called "the Harvard of Washington's private schools."

"'Did you plug the hole yet, daddy?' Is that's their -- that's the level of their education, that they're coming to -- they're coming to daddy and saying 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?'" Plug the hole!" Beck said on his Friday morning radio show.

Later in the 4-minute segment, Beck turned the routine toward Obama's race. "Why do you hate black people so much?" he said, still imitating Malia in a baby voice.

"I'm part white, honey," Gray responded in the voice of the president.

Friday's segment ran just two days after another piece on Beck's radio program in which he decried critics of Sarah Palin's family. Speaking with Palin, Beck decried the tactic: "Leave my family, leave people's families alone...When it was Bill Clinton, you don't go after Chelsea Clinton. You don't talk about the Bush kids. Now, the minute they get into politics, that's a different story. You leave the families alone."

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/glen...-malia/19496426

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/28/g...d_n_593587.html

Beck has since offered the obligatory CYA apology.:wallbash:

In his radio show, "The Glenn Program" on Premiere Radio Networks, Beck mocked Malia Obama for asking her father if he'd managed to stop oil from continuing to spill out into the Gulf of Mexico. At a news conference Thursday, the president recounted how his daughter had asked him, "Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?" -- in an effort to illustrate how all Americans are anxious about the BP oil rig that's now become America's worst oil spill in history.

"Daddy? Daddy? Daddy, did you plug the hole yet? Daddy?" he said. Then Beck's co-host Pat Gray responded as if he were the president.

Then Beck took his argument a step further, saying the exchange reveals something about Malia's education. The 11-year-old and her 9-year-old sister Sasha go to Sidwell Friends, and exclusive and high-performing academy that's sometimes called "the Harvard of Washington's private schools."

"'Did you plug the hole yet, daddy?' Is that's their -- that's the level of their education, that they're coming to -- they're coming to daddy and saying 'Daddy, did you plug the hole yet?'" Plug the hole!" Beck said on his Friday morning radio show.

Later in the 4-minute segment, Beck turned the routine toward Obama's race. "Why do you hate black people so much?" he said, still imitating Malia in a baby voice.

Friday's segment ran just two days after another piece on Beck's radio program in which he decried critics of Sarah Palin's family. Speaking with Palin, Beck decried the tactic: "Leave my family, leave people's families alone...When it was Bill Clinton, you don't go after Chelsea Clinton. You don't talk about the Bush kids. Now, the minute they get into politics, that's a different story. You leave the families alone."

Beck has since offered the obligatory CYA apology.:wallbash:

No Beck is an a-hole for the above crap. Olbermann is an idiot for not knowing that the Ark of the Covenant was not a boat made my Noah.

That is sad. At one point Beck came across as a rational and reasonable person. I think he cracked (went slightly crazy) a few years back. Any normal person would realize that mocking an 11 year old girl is beyond the pale. This is actually worse than the Chelsea Clinton/dog comment that Rush did IMO. Admittedly, not by much. So many areas to make fun of Obama in, and this is where he chose to go. :wallbash:

So maybe I'm one of the only ones here who will admit to liking Glenn Beck. BUT, it sounds like that bit was over the top. But at the end of the day, Waaaa. Who shivs a get?

Beck was and is a bit too theatrical for my liking, but I like that he exposes the fraud that is the Obama administration. I also LOVE watching the left having epileptic fits every time he exposes their charade. It's great theater.

Truthfully though, regardless of your political leaning, all should be concerned by the administrations attempts to silence him.

Beck isn't an idiot, nor is Olbermann or Limbaugh. Quite the contrary, they feed on idiots, which dominate the population. America likes to be angry, loves to jump to conclusions and oversimplify things. In the real world, things are seldom black and white- the people who paint things as being black and white tend to get many loyal disciples- people who can't think for themselves

Beck has since offered the obligatory CYA apology.:)

Cant Beck just use the tired old "it was satire" defense you libs use every time you puke up something lowbrow?

Cant Beck just use the tired old "it was satire" defense you libs use every time you puke up something lowbrow?

No, he cannot. Children are off limits. This isn't hard to understand. Show me where libs picked on children and I will condemn them too.

Obama's press conference reference to a question that his daughter probably never actually asked him just underscores how clueless Obama really is. If a little kid is asking the POTUS why the leak isn't plugged already that proves that adult Obama is an idiot.

The following day Obama tried to quote Harry S Truman's "the buck stops here" line but Obama screwed it up.

There might be idiots on various television networks but the BIGGEST idiot is in the White House.

Wow Booster, you're such a troll man. Tool of the month material. Or just plain clueless of course.

Clueless and now it would appear desperate. Tool of the month got to you huh? Another educated guess on your part?

I condemned Dave too. I did take exception to whether he meant the 14 year old. But feel free to read up.

I think Dave made a mistake and should have left Bristol out of it. I always think family is out of bounds.

Pity you won't apply the same reasonable attitude to Dave's joke (tasteless and unfunny as it was) and instead assume he is referring to a "Rape of a 14 year old".