Every year at least one team GETS it.

Who would have predicted the Rams would win the Super Bowl the year when Kurt Warner came out of the woodwork?

Who would have thought that the Jets would reach the AFC championship last year?

Who expected the Seahawks to go the superbowl a few years back?

Ok. I know that we look like a team that is doomed, but EVERY year a team or two just for some reason shoots out of the gate(broncos last year), and does something special. Name one single year where a team does not come out of nowhere and I'll be impressed.

It must be our year.

It's simply our turn.

The most likely scenerio:

Edwards gets hurt week one when he breaks a nail and Brohm comes in and pulls a Joe Flacco, and our D(led by 15 pics from Byrd) get's us 13 wins.

Those teams, the ones which take sudden upturns, are teams with one or two key weaknesses which unexpectedly get solved. Those teams are marked by an overall solidness across the roster.

That's not even close to being what the Bills look like. The Bills have multiple holes, almost as many as they have solid guys.

Who would have predicted the Rams would win the Super Bowl the year when Kurt Warner came out of the woodwork?

Who would have thought that the Jets would reach the AFC championship last year?

Ok. I know that we look like a team that is doomed, but EVERY year a team or two just for some reason shoots out of the gate(broncos last year), and does something special. Name one single year where a team does not come out of nowhere and I'll be impressed.

It must be our year.

It's simply our turn.

Edwards gets hurt week one when he breaks a nail and Brohm comes in and pulls a Joe Flacco, and our D(led by 15 pics from Byrd) get's us 13 wins.

I think you forgot the part where, due to injury, Rudy gets into the game and scores the winning touchdown because nobody took him seriously and left him all alone in the endzone. The fans rush the field and carry him off on their shoulders as a dejected Tom Brady and company sulk back to the locker room - THAT'S "the most likely scenario"....

Seriously, other than freel-good Hollywood cliche movies, why should this year be any than the past 10 for the Bills? Why, suddenly, are we going to "beat the odds" and "show the world the heart of champion" we have? The "most likely scenario" is that we get our asses kicked by teams with far better talent and we end up winning 5 games or less. If you want a feel-good ending where the good guys win go see a movie.

It must be our year.

It's simply our turn.

You're about 2 years off. The most likely scenario: Edwards gets hurt and Brohm comes in and pulls a Gary Marangi, which demoralizes our D which gets us 13 losses.

However there is a silver lining to this cloud, the Bills get their franchise QB in the 2011 draft, he struggles a bit, just like Peyton Manning did as a rookie, then in 2012 when nobody is expecting it, our franchise QB pulls a Peyton Manning and our D (led by 15 picks from Byrd) gets us 13 wins. We go on to win the Feb 2013 Super Bowl & then repeat against some dome team in the cold Meadowlands Super Bowl in 2014. After his 3rd season, they're already talking HOF for our QB. Meanwhile back in the out of the NFL world Edwards is selling real estate and considering a run for congress and Brohm is coaching his high school football team.

It must be our year.

It's simply our turn.

All of those teams had guys who could block and tackle. We still do not have enough good players in the trenches. If we do they have not emerged yet.

As long as RW keeps winning, luck will always be the factor this team needs. The owner said it at the Nix hiring PC.

There are surprises each season, but depending on luck is not how team's are built or maintained. A lot of woulda, coulda shoulda's will have to bounce Buffalo's way for them to even sniff 6-8 wins. It's looking more like 2-4.

Sometimes the level of silliness on this board gets to an embarrassing level. Last year some intoxicated hometown fans thought the Bills were on the verge of success. It didn't take more than a few games for them to sober up.

The Bills should be a better team this year. That isn't a major accomplishment. It isn't something to be overly proud of. Let's just stop with this foolishness.

It must be our year.

It's simply our turn.

I agree it could be our year. ANYTHING is possible. The fact is that this team has HAD talent for several years now. When you think about "Club Jauron", the injuries, the lack of leadership, the predictable offense, the unimaginative defense -- and the team has STILL managed to hover near .500. Now you add intelligent coaching, a work ethic, some smart drafting and maybe this team accomplishes something. I always say that the mindset at the outset of EVERY season must be to win the Super Bowl. If that is not the goal, then don't even bother coming to work. Last year was last year. It just doesn't matter this year. This team can go far. Hopefully, they'll "learn to win" earlier in the season and not later and make a real run for the playoffs.

This year we are going to find out just how bad DJ and crew really were. I am hearing so many testaments to how bad it was.

Donte shocked about "not working this hard since college"... and squats.

TE incredulous about Chan disguising plays... this is after 3 days of OTA's.

Go back to 2001 & there were tons of posts similar to your's saying how bad things were under Wade & that Gregg was instilling discipline. This team is strikingly similar to that 2001 team: New GM , new coach. There's a new D system which will take time to develop, a lot of the team has been gutted in the move to youth & rebuilding, the QB position is the same as 2001: Edwards is the same as Johnson-an injury prone guy who has shown flashes, but loses more often than he wins and is odds on to finish the season & his Bills career on IR; Fitzpatrick is the same as Van Pelt-at best a career back up with some smarts who has survived, but hardly thrived when thrust into the starting job; Brohm is the same as Brown-a guy rejected by another team who the Bills picked up because they think he can be developed. The slight differences between Brohm & Brown are that Brown went to a different practice squad than the team that cut him and was picked up in August after signing with his own team's 53 man roster the prior November, and Brohm was originally picked higher. Tim Hasselbeck & David Dinkins filled the Levi Brown spot in 2001, with Hasselbeck cut before camp & Dinkins ending up on the practice squad, resulting in the signing of Travis Brown.

The following year the Bills made the big splash for Bledsoe, knowing they had nothing at QB, next year the Bills will draft a QB in the 1st round, knowing they have nothing at QB.

It must be our year.

It's simply our turn.

Remember puff puff pass. I'll have some of what you are smoking. (Using that logic, it must be Detroit's turn too!)

:wallbash:

Go back to 2001 & there were tons of posts similar to your's saying how bad things were under Wade & that Gregg was instilling discipline. This team is strikingly similar to that 2001 team: New GM , new coach. There's a new D system which will take time to develop, a lot of the team has been gutted in the move to youth & rebuilding, the QB position is the same as 2001: Edwards is the same as Johnson-an injury prone guy who has shown flashes, but loses more often than he wins and is odds on to finish the season & his Bills career on IR; Fitzpatrick is the same as Van Pelt-at best a career back up with some smarts who has survived, but hardly thrived when thrust into the starting job; Brohm is the same as Brown-a guy rejected by another team who the Bills picked up because they think he can be developed. The slight differences between Brohm & Brown are that Brown went to a different practice squad than the team that cut him and was picked up in August after signing with his own team's 53 man roster the prior November, and Brohm was originally picked higher. Tim Hasselbeck & David Dinkins filled the Levi Brown spot in 2001, with Hasselbeck cut before camp & Dinkins ending up on the practice squad, resulting in the signing of Travis Brown.

The following year the Bills made the big splash for Bledsoe, knowing they had nothing at QB, next year the Bills will draft a QB in the 1st round, knowing they have nothing at QB.

There are some big differences between then and now. This time our HC is an offensive mind and not a defensive mind. Additionally, Gailey HAS made it to the playoffs as the HC of an NFL club. Greggo had not. Our new GM understands the physical attributes players must have and doesn't reach for a Parrish (and I really do hope Roscoe has a great year this year, but just sayin'). There ARE concerns with this team -- the QB position, the OL, but I trust Gailey's track record in developing average QB's and the fact that he is a genuine offensive mind who truly will utilize his talent effectively and not just say that he will. Truth is that NONE of us KNOWS what will happen this year. Just gotta play the games and find out.

Those teams, the ones which take sudden upturns, are teams with one or two key weaknesses which unexpectedly get solved. Those teams are marked by an overall solidness across the roster.

That's not even close to being what the Bills look like. The Bills have multiple holes, almost as many as they have solid guys.

Like QB and LT? Maybe Edwards returns to his early 2008 form and Meredith, filling in for Bell, turns into the franchise LT we've been clamoring for.

Wow, I hadn't had this connection yet. Great post

Remember puff puff pass. I'll have some of what you are smoking. (Using that logic, it must be Detroit's turn too!)

:wallbash:

More absurd things have happened then the Bills finding a spark and making the playoffs.

I didn't necessarilly say we would win the SB and start a dynasty - just be markedly better and give us our best season since the Wade years