How many Bill's wins do you see in the first 8 weeks ??

I am concerned, I am trying to stay positive regarding the Bill's upcoming season, but unless I'm kidding myself I see two

good chances for victory and the first half of the season and maybe they'll steal one somewhere in the mix.

I think the Bills have a good chance of beating Jacksonville and also Kansas City in the first half of the season. I wouldn't call either game a lock, but staying optimistic, and remaining true to realism I think the Bills will start out somewhere between

1-7 and 3-5 in the first half of the season. I am going to look more at the second half of the season, and take into consideration that the Bill's rookies, and new acquisitions, coaches, and having the team to begin to gel and understand

the playbook much better in the second half of the season will begin to reflect on the total wins for the year. At first glance

I am thinking that the Bill's could go 4-4 in the second half of the season and be on the upswing! I think if you evaluate

fairly...it will fall somewhere between 4-12 and 7-9. I am going to go with 5-11 as I have all off-season with an eye on the injury report. If the majority of the 10 or so guys that are still recovering from injuries/surgeries etc. return to participate

fully in practices I may bump my prediction up slightly.

Go Bills :thumbsup: Anyways, What do you think?? How many wins first half season??? Who?? Why?? and what about

the second half season?? and Total for the year??

I bet the Jax and KC fans looked at their schedule and penciled the Bills game as a W.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you'd use one in the possessive, but it would come after the 's' not before. So "Bill's wins" refers to wins belonging to some guy named Bill, but "Bills' wins" would be wins belonging to the Bills.

Yes...thank you for explaining that basic (junior high school English) rule to people. Although, the spelling of basic words kills me more from people on this board.

Personally, I don't care. I want to see success on the field- improvement in the pass rush, running game and run defense. Do that and wins will come- you don't go out there to "win" that isn't a direction- it is lack of one.

MIA @ BUF L

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF L

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF L

DET @ BUF L

BUF @ CIN L

PIT @ BUF L

BUF @ MIN L

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA L

NE @ BUF L

BUF @ NYJ L

3-13. With the worst QB play in the league, a re-tooled defense trying to learn a new system without a lot of key starters already in place and only 1 decent WR coupled with a highly questionable offensive line, this is a recipe for disaster. While the draft seems to have brought in some players with potential, this is a passing league which puts a premium on the passing game (both throwing and rushing the passer) and we have nothing. Maybe Gailey will be a positive, but his record is not all that reassuring!!!!!!

I'll say 4-4, expecting a win to open the season and then every other week through the first half.

Yes, I do think we beat New England. The bloom is off that rose: the D isn't what it was, Pioli's not there for personnell moves, Welker's coming off a late season acl tear, Moss is disgruntled, and Brady has other interests now.

I know that juggernaut known as the Jaguars will be hell to beat, but somehow I think it's doable, and I don't expect much out of KC.

I wouldn't be shocked if we beat the Jets. I know with the addition of S. Holmes they're supposed to be untouchable, but with the loss of their best 2 running backs I'm not convinced they're the unstoppable force being advertised.

A few things occurred to me: How good our team is overall will certainly be different than where we draft next year. I looked at what teams would probably be better than us this season (of course it is just guessing) and I see us better than the Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, maybe Jacksonville, maybe Broncos, Detroit, Tampa Bay, St.Louis and Seattle - so, that would be drafting, based on talent, between 8 and 10. But, when you look at our schedule, it is certainly possible that we could walk away with only 3-5 wins.

My guess is that if our line holds up we'll finish much better than expected, somewhere near a wild-card spot. If we can't keep our QB's standing - like last year - we could finish with as few as 2 or 3 wins.

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB W

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W

BUF @ MIN L

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA L

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

I got 11-5, 3-3 division, worst case we lose the GB and Pit games and finish 9-7, but I cant see any less than that, we have enough games against weak opponents to where we could make a legit run this year if everything falls in place.

The Bills beat the scary Jets and the Dolphins last year, and should have won the season opener if it wasn't for someone not taking a knee. So you're saying "realisticly" the Bills are gonna go 0-6 in the division this year?

I'm not sure where you "optimist" Gomer Pyle types are getting your numbers from, but the Bills were 2-4 in division last year NOT 3-3. I'm not including a link, because as much as some of you post on here, you should know that......or look it up Thurman. Now, realistically, from that, and with what the Bills got from Mark Sanchez last year (5 INT's), we should have beaten them 42-0. However, we barely won in OT. The Patriots were the classic example of a good team toying and pissing around until they got serious and owned the 4th quarter vs. the Bills until the bad team (us) schitt down their leg (which we did) and they came back and won. Similar to some hiccups Kelly and boys had when we were in our glory years. See, some NE games in the 90s.

We won one game in division last year against Miami where there was no question who the better team was that day (us). Other than that, we got our asses handed to us again.

We will be slightly better this year. Same team, better coaches, and a draft that couldn't be worse than the past few years. However, the other three teams in the division are all better, or should be we say the Jets and Dolphins are better, and the Pats will still be good.

With that, it's actually "realistic" to say the Bills will finish 1-5 in division, and maybe 2-4, because some bad teams always win a game, or maybe two if we are lucky, that they shouldn't. Anyone who ventures anything above 3-3, is incredibly a wishful thinker. Let's hope it's true, but I can assure you that the Jets, Phins and Pats have two wins circled each time play Buffalo. At best, we can maybe hope for a split against each one. At best.

1-5 vs. the AFC East for us, and that one win may come against the Jets resting starters. This, of course, also takes into account that each team stays healthy at their franchise positions or positions of dominant stars.

I bet the Jax and KC fans looked at their schedule and penciled the Bills game as a W.

Every team on our schedule will have Buffalo pegged as a win!

I love the optimism, but this is far from realistic.

The Bills will end up at 1-7 with KC as the only real chance for a victory.

On the back 8 games the Bills will be lucky with 2 victories, ending up at 2-6, Detroit and Cleveland should be the victories, but Cleveland will be up in the air.

Cleveland defeated Buffalo last time out, there is not enough significant movement with this team specifically concerning QB to dictate they can defeat Cleveland this time around.

Total season record will end up at a minimum of 3-13 with an outside chance at 5-11.

Totally agree here, but am skeptical about Cleveland and Detriot. Realistically:

Expect: 1-15

Wouldnt be surprised: 3-13

Completely Shocked: 5-11

We're rebuilding, and I believe this is realistic.

First 8 weeks? Since the Bye falls in week 6, there's only 7 games in the first 8 weeks so I'm calling for 7 wins.

If you're predicting your team to lose, what's the sense in watching the game?

THERE IS NO FREAKING APOSTROPHE IN BILLS. EVER.

I was just gonna say, how many wins for Bill who?

LOL....I was wondering who this Bill person was myself...pretty bad how our education system ignores teaching simple stuff like this these days. Teachers when I was in school would fail a person for making the grammatical errors in some of the posts