Dont you guys see...

The fate of this team for the upcoming season, and seasons to come, rests on the shoulders of the quarterback. Whomever he may be, we need solid play from this position to be succcesfull. If we get some good QB play, we WILL be a playoff team. Forget the LB's, DT's, DE's, WR's etc.. , the QB NEEDS TO STEP IT UP FOR US TO HAVE A CHANCE!

The fate of this team for the upcoming season, and seasons to come, rests on the shoulders of the quarterback. Whomever he may be, we need solid play from this position to be succcesfull. If we get some good QB play, we WILL be a playoff team. Forget the LB's, DT's, DE's, WR's etc.. , the QB NEEDS TO STEP IT UP FOR US TO HAVE A CHANCE!

last couple years it has been hard for the QB to step it up, when they can't step up in the pocket. Line play will dictate the Bills season. 95% of the time the team that wins in the trenches wins the game. So, for any QB to look good the Bills will need to not have their 10th string o-line in.

Okay. Here's the plan. We line up with three QBs in the backfield standing side by side. The other team has no idea who will get the snap. The long snapper hikes the ball to one of them and they split up. Now they keep lateraling the ball back and forth, forcing the rushers to keep changing direction and going all over the field. By then, the rushers are winded and our receivers are open. Pass complete. Call that play as our first 15 downs and their defense will be exhausted.

We can't lose. :rolleyes:

Based on the draft selections and Gailey's run-first philosophy, I would say we are being built more in the image of the Baltimore Ravens than any other team. That being the case, I'm not sure I agree with you that it's all about the QB.

Bingo. Look at Flacco's numbers when Balmer made it to the 2008 playoffs. Basically a caretaker QB with a smothering D. Can the Bills do the same? Dunno. But teams can be very successful with a "decent" QB, good running game and a stifling D.

Bingo. Look at Flacco's numbers when Balmer made it to the 2008 playoffs. Basically a caretaker QB with a smothering D. Can the Bills do the same? Dunno. But teams can be very successful with a "decent" QB, good running game and a stifling D.

SQ

If we need all three we are screwed. :rolleyes:

After a 1-15 record in 2007, the 2008 Miami Dolphins shocked the NFL and eventually won the AFC East division with their 'gimmick' offense that became known as the wildcat. Their first two games were losses and once introducing the wildcat, they won 11 out of 15 games!

We currently have DE Carrington who was a kicker and posesses uncharacteristic atheletisism, a Punter with incredible atheleticism and speed, Safety George Wilson was once a wideout and Namaan Roosevelt was a High School Quarterback. ---If Gailey (who's specialty btw is to adapt an offense to the current players' strengths) devises a simular plan of attack, the Bills may be able to run a hybrid wildcat and keep defenses on their toes.

The occasional trick plays coupled with a dozen 'normal' pass plays and a decent running game can surely garner a few additional wins this season. If the secondary creates another year of adequate turnovers and gets the ball into the hands of our 'gimmick' offense, we can win more often.

---Just my two cents. 0:)

Based on the draft selections and Gailey's run-first philosophy, I would say we are being built more in the image of the Baltimore Ravens than any other team. That being the case, I'm not sure I agree with you that it's all about the QB.

Yeah now that you mention that we look to be building in the mold of the Ravens Super Bowl team. ???? With our climate this might not be a bad idea.

After a 1-15 record in 2007, the 2008 Miami Dolphins shocked the NFL and eventually won the AFC East division with their 'gimmick' offense that became known as the wildcat. Their first two games were losses and once introducing the wildcat, they won 11 out of 15 games!

We currently have DE Carrington who was a kicker and posesses uncharacteristic atheletisism, a Punter with incredible atheleticism and speed, Safety George Wilson was once a wideout and Namaan Roosevelt was a High School Quarterback. ---If Gailey (who's specialty btw is to adapt an offense to the current players' strengths) devises a simular plan of attack, the Bills may be able to run a hybrid wildcat and keep defenses on their toes.

The occasional trick plays coupled with a dozen 'normal' pass plays and a decent running game can surely garner a few additional wins this season. If the secondary creates another year of adequate turnovers and gets the ball into the hands of our 'gimmick' offense, we can win more often.

That's totally insane. But I'd love to see something like that.

Okay. Here's the plan. We line up with three QBs in the backfield standing side by side. The other team has no idea who will get the snap. The long snapper hikes the ball to one of them and they split up. Now they keep lateraling the ball back and forth, forcing the rushers to keep changing direction and going all over the field. By then, the rushers are winded and our receivers are open. Pass complete. Call that play as our first 15 downs and their defense will be exhausted.

We can't lose. 0:)

The throwbackcat?

I'm replying to my own post :w00t:

Visit My Website

I found this link on the wildcat and posted two paragraphs from it. Interesting.

The virtue of having a running back take the snap in the Wildcat formation is that the rushing play is 11-on-11 (although different variations have the running back hand off or throw the football). In a standard football formation, when the quarterback stands watching, the offense operates 10-on-11 basis. The motion also presents the defense with an immediate threat to the outside that it must respect no matter what the offense decides to do with the football.

A defense's practice time is limited. By making an upcoming opponent prepare to stop the Wildcat, that opponent necessarily has less time available to prepare for other offensive approaches. Many teams admit to spending an inordinate amount of time having to prepare for this scheme.

I'm replying to my own post 0:)

Visit My Website

I found this link on the wildcat and posted two paragraphs from it. Interesting.

The virtue of having a running back take the snap in the Wildcat formation is that the rushing play is 11-on-11 (although different variations have the running back hand off or throw the football). In a standard football formation, when the quarterback stands watching, the offense operates 10-on-11 basis. The motion also presents the defense with an immediate threat to the outside that it must respect no matter what the offense decides to do with the football.

A defense's practice time is limited. By making an upcoming opponent prepare to stop the Wildcat, that opponent necessarily has less time available to prepare for other offensive approaches. Many teams admit to spending an inordinate amount of time having to prepare for this scheme.

You may beat me with a wildcat play. I guess I have to let my defensive backfield do what they can. Next time you run it on me, I will pound and flatten the other players in your backfield until you can't detect the difference between them and the turf. If you care to get cute with my defense, you will pay a price. I'll suffer the PF flags.

What do Brady, Aikman, Marino, et al all have in common? They all looked pretty damn ordinary when they were on their ass or pounded repeatedly. If we can't keep a QB, whoever it is, vertical. And if we can't keep the other team from running wild on a crap defense, it doesn't matter who the QB is. We have to get better around the QB regardless. So this year Buddy didn't see a franchaise QB anywhere so he wisely made us bigger and stronger in places we needed to be bigger and stronger in. We have a long way to go but he is doing this the right way. Be patient.

We can't lose. :angry:

Or add Moorman to the mix to really confuse them.

As Steve Martin used to say, "I used to like to punt on first down"....