Dont you guys see...

Okay. Here's the plan. We line up with three QBs in the backfield standing side by side. The other team has no idea who will get the snap. The long snapper hikes the ball to one of them and they split up. Now they keep lateraling the ball back and forth, forcing the rushers to keep changing direction and going all over the field. By then, the rushers are winded and our receivers are open. Pass complete. Call that play as our first 15 downs and their defense will be exhausted.

We can't lose. :angry:

like the Bad News Bears...

Based on the draft selections and Gailey's run-first philosophy, I would say we are being built more in the image of the Baltimore Ravens than any other team. That being the case, I'm not sure I agree with you that it's all about the QB.

When Gailey first took over and he was explaining his approach in turning around a struggling franchise he pointed out the Parcells's approach who was a mentor to him. CG said that the quickest way to get a turnaround is to first build up both lines.

If you look at our first draft the focus was on getting bigger and stronger players. Not one DB was taken in the regular draft. That would not have happened under Jauron. Even in the training room the emphasis is on getting bigger and stronger over lighter and quicker.

Under Nix there seems to be a coherency and direction that didn't seem to exist with the prior regime which seemed to act on a more ad hoc basis. I don't want to overstate what this new group has done so early in their tenure but I feel more encouraged than I have in a very long time. I'm well aware that it is going to take time to undo what has already been done. But at least one gets the sense that they are moving in the right direction.

last couple years it has been hard for the QB to step it up, when they can't step up in the pocket. Line play will dictate the Bills season. 95% of the time the team that wins in the trenches wins the game. So, for any QB to look good the Bills will need to not have their 10th string o-line in.

The O-line is a key component, but the QB is the the key. Tell Aaron Rodgers about needing good pass protection. Yet,

despite all the hits he took last year, he personally still had a hell of a year for the Packers. Unless Brohm performs far better than anyone in Green Bay felt he could, or Edwards somehow rediscovers the balls he lost a season and a half ago, we're in trouble at QB.

Fitz, while seemingly displaying the needed intangibles for being a solid QB, his scatter shot arm will leave him a mediocre QB at best (read....backup).

While there's been some nice things written about Brown, lets face it, he's a 7th round pick. Odds are very much stacked against him. I sure hope he's the "lightning in the bottle", the sleeper everyone else missed on, but I'm not holding my breath.