Favorite horror film?

"Jaws"...not classic enough for ya?

"Black Sabbath" gets my next vote!

What makes "Jaws" so amazing, not only is it scary as ****, it is an excellent movie as well...one of my favorite movies, any genre.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superbowl 25

They say sequels always suck, but I say, Super Bowl 27 was far more frightening...sure, you had the same victim getting tortured for the millionth time (you would think they would learn, never stop to take a breather...the killer always sneaks up from behind!), but this time, it was at the hands of one of the ugliest, nastiest, most offensive monsters ever.... :blush: I almost barfed just thinking about it... old folks still trail off to a thousand yard stare when they tell the story....

They say sequels always suck, but I say, Super Bowl 27 was far more frightening...sure, you had the same victim getting tortured for the millionth time (you would think they would learn, never stop to take a breather...the killer always sneaks up from behind!), but this time, it was at the hands of one of the ugliest, nastiest, most offensive monsters ever.... :blush: I almost barfed just thinking about it... old folks still trail off to a thousand yard stare when they tell the story....

At least Beebe got in his one shot and saved it from being the bloodiest movie of all time.

"Classic" horor movie: The Wolf Man (the '41 Lon Chaney Jr/Claude Reins version, NOT the bastardized remake w/ Benecio Del Toro)

"Modern" horror movie: Halloween (original '78 version)

Thank You!!

"The Body Snatcher" ................... & don't try tacking an 's' to the end of snatcher because there is none. Some Karloff and Lugosi goodness.

"Classic" horor movie: The Wolf Man (the '41 Lon Chaney Jr/Claude Reins version, NOT the bastardized remake w/ Benecio Del Toro)

That's one of my wife's favorites too. I just think Lon Chaney was a terrible actor.

"Jaws"...not classic enough for ya?

What makes "Jaws" so amazing, not only is it scary as ****, it is an excellent movie as well...one of my favorite movies, any genre.

Saw it when I was six I think. Scared the crap out of like no other movie. I love to swim, but even swimming pools scared me for ages.

Oh and Rosemary's Baby.

The original Dracula with Bela Legosi...scared the crap out of me....also Salems Lot TV movie, with the Nosforatu like vampire and the vampire kid scratching on the window....

Do NOT let children watch the original 1956 version of the body snatchers. I saw it it when I was 6 and did not sleep for two days.

I saw Alien when I was 9-1/2 years old. I pushed my parents to take me to see it. Whoa boy did that mess me up for years! But I love it now, as well as Aliens. Hell I'll even watch 3 and Resurrection, even as bad as they were.

I saw Alien when I was 9-1/2 years old. I pushed my parents to take me to see it. Whoa boy did that mess me up for years! But I love it now, as well as Aliens. Hell I'll even watch 3 and Resurrection, even as bad as they were.

Well at lest Alien required you to go to outer space. All the body snatchers needed was for you to fall asleep

The thing that made both Psycho and the original Halloween movie so good is that they were good, scary movies that didn't have a ton of blood, unlike their unfortunate sequels and the many inferior copycats that followed 'em.

I agree. The shower scene is an all time classic.