Favorite horror film?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

"Classic" horor movie: The Wolf Man (the '41 Lon Chaney Jr/Claude Reins version, NOT the bastardized remake w/ Benecio Del Toro)

"Modern" horror movie: Halloween (original '78 version)

Hmmm...Bastardized? By "bastardized" do you mean more developed and interesting characters with more back story, better plot/storyline and more emotional depth? If that's what you mean then I wholeheartedly agree. Look, I loved both movies, but I enjoyed the remake more in every sin gle aspect except script and music.

But anyway, here are my faves:

The Wolfman (2010) (Terrible things Lawrence. You've done terrible things.)

The Blair Witch Project (I'm scared to close my eyes...I'm scared to open them.)

Evil Dead 2 (GROOVY!)

The Wolf Man (1941) (I killed Bella...I killed Richardson!...If I stay here, you can't tell who'll be next!)

The Strangers ("Why are you doing this to us"..."Because you were home"

The Mummy (1959) (He who robs the graves of egypt...DIES!)

Army of Darkness (This...Is my BOOMSTICK!)

Nightmare on Elm Street

Friday the 13th (Kill her mommy! Kill her!)

"The Human Centipede." It's an instant classic.

I do hope that was some kind of sick, twisted joke?

While the Shining is still on the top of my list, i will have to add the original Nightmare on Elm Street.

1,2 Freddy's comin fro you.

3,4 Better lock you door.

5,6 Get your crucifix.

7,8 Better stay up late.

9,10 Never sleep again.

YES! Freddy Krueger is THE BOMB!

Edited by SelmonSmith6378

That's one of my wife's favorites too. I just think Lon Chaney was a terrible actor.

I thought Chaney was REALLY good...But I like Del Toro a little more, he just seems more realistic. All held back, and depressed and a tortured soul like a guy bitten by a werewold SHOULD be. Chaney's Talbot was WAAAAAAAAAAY to happy, while Del Toro's had a more interesting personality and actually had a backstory (And a damn compelling one at that)