J.P signs with Seahawks

eff JP Losman...I wish he would have suffered a career ender after fumbling against the J-E-T-S.

That play made me a lot of money, once the season is in the bag, I start betting the Bills to lose as a consolation prize

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what does embracing Buffalo count for? Seriously I hate people who say crap like that. I'm fairly certain Bruce Smith never spent one extra day in Buffalo than he had to and we cheered him all the was to the HOF. Who gives a F if the player likes the city or thinks its a shathole if he can play and win?

I think it means quite a bit. I would find it hard rooting for a guy on my team who openly despised the town he represents. Just ask any number of pro athletes who ran afoul of their hometown teams fans - it didn't play out well for them, so it obviously matters.

I think it means quite a bit. I would find it hard rooting for a guy on my team who openly despised the town he represents. Just ask any number of pro athletes who ran afoul of their hometown teams fans - it didn't play out well for them, so it obviously matters.

At the same time, I have it under good authority that Losman was not well liked by his teammates. So I'd gladly take Losman the citizen back but not Losman the football player. Either way, our former high pick QBs are awesome at finding jobs standing on the sidelines (Collins, RJ).

Who gives a F if the player likes the city or thinks its a shathole if he can play and win?

Me. And many others. It counts for something.

And it also counts for something that in 2006 he really started to play well, particularly after they opened up the playbook. It was remarkable because the OL at that time was truly bad. He was being protected by Terrence Pennington, Melvin Fowler, Mike Gandy and Tutan Reyes. Now, that's bad. In the second half of the season, two things happened and Losman played very well. Number one was that they put Peters in at right tackle and he immediately became the best OL on the team. The other was that they opened up the playbook, and that attitude and style fitted JP and he improved greatly.

So naturally, the next year they closed the playbook down. And Losman was never the same again. Bad coaching contributed to his regression. A lot. A real lot.

At the same time, I have it under good authority that Losman was not well liked by his teammates.

Maybe by the end, when it became obvious that in that system, he wasn't going to win games for us. But not at the beginning.

Lee Evans loved him just about up to the end, for obvious reasons.

Exactly what does embracing Buffalo count for? Seriously I hate people who say crap like that. I'm fairly certain Bruce Smith never spent one extra day in Buffalo than he had to and we cheered him all the was to the HOF. Who gives a F if the player likes the city or thinks its a shathole if he can play and win?

Well I, for one, give a HUGE F! JP was excited to be in B-lo....he was making the town cool again and he was embracing the area as if it were his own home town. How can you not see the awesomeness in that? I wanted the guy to succeed so bad, and it killed me when he didn't. I get sick and tired of people crapping on the area I grew up in, so when someone comes along and tries to do similarly to what Jim Kelly does, I get excited about that...and you should too!

Well I, for one, give a HUGE F! JP was excited to be in B-lo....he was making the town cool again and he was embracing the area as if it were his own home town. How can you not see the awesomeness in that? I wanted the guy to succeed so bad, and it killed me when he didn't. I get sick and tired of people crapping on the area I grew up in, so when someone comes along and tries to do similarly to what Jim Kelly does, I get excited about that...and you should too!

It's more than just JP. His premise is that ANY player can crap all over the town as long as he produces on the field. I just don't buy it, and for me personally I would not be able to bring myself to root for the guy who is badmouthing Buffalo. And its been played out in many NFL towns that when you cross that boundary as a player, the fans are very unforgiving. So yeah, plenty of people give a F!

LOL!! "this i why you 'HATE' people like me"....I guess that's what you're saying.

F this and F that...blah blah blah....I'm two....give me a diaper.....and on goes the rant. Can't anyone say anything on here without a witch hunt? agree...disagree....whatever. Just cool it with the two year old nonsense. I get more constructive criticism from my nine year old when he disagrees with me.

As far as Bruce goes...yes I cheered like hell for him. What in the world does that have to do with JP trying to both be a good athlete (which it didn't work out) and be a supporter of Buffalo? I never said public service/support of the city was required (of Bruce or anyone else)....just admirable. If you read my first post it clearly says the on field results weren't there. I was ready for him to be benched when it happened. Would you honestly feel good about an athlete that took the opposite extreme? If CJ Spiller talked about Buffalo as "dump" and trashed the town in the media would you have the same respect for him? I know on the field results are the most important thing....but representing/respecting the town you play for means a little something in my book. If you disagree...fine.

I'll retreat now and post again in few months.....you and your kind can verbally cannibalize each other in the interim.

This would mean so much more if you didn't have a freakin' Flyers logo as your avatar! :thumbsup:

I hope JP makes a good career for himself, there is no reason to dislike the guy, though I was a little disappointed with his performance. Okay, very disappointed...not a little.

The reason Dan Briere (who you reference) will always be an all-time favorite Sabre of mine...not only was he very productive, but he gave a shat about Buffalo, and really didn't want to leave....

If a guy hates Buffalo, but produces anyways, I have no problem with that...he is a pro. But, if he produces, and loves the city (like Briere, and later Jim Kelly) he becomes a fan favorite.

And it also counts for something that in 2006 he really started to play well, particularly after they opened up the playbook. It was remarkable because the OL at that time was truly bad. He was being protected by Terrence Pennington, Melvin Fowler, Mike Gandy and Tutan Reyes. Now, that's bad. In the second half of the season, two things happened and Losman played very well. Number one was that they put Peters in at right tackle and he immediately became the best OL on the team. The other was that they opened up the playbook, and that attitude and style fitted JP and he improved greatly.

So naturally, the next year they closed the playbook down. And Losman was never the same again. Bad coaching contributed to his regression. A lot. A real lot.

This.

And I'd like to know who pulled the trigger on that.

Hey I am all for a guy embracing the town he plays for. It just doesn't mean anything if he is garbage on the field. Moorman is the best of both worlds correct? Seems to like Buffalo and the fans while being a great player on the field.

As for guys ripping someone like Trent for saying the Bills weren't his favorite team that is ridiculous. If I remember correctly Corto is from Buffalo - do you think he will say Buffalo wasn't his favorite team growing up if he signs a contract with some other team.

This would mean so much more if you didn't have a freakin' Flyers logo as your avatar! :thumbsup:

I hope JP makes a good career for himself, there is no reason to dislike the guy, though I was a little disappointed with his performance. Okay, very disappointed...not a little.

The reason Dan Briere (who you reference) will always be an all-time favorite Sabre of mine...not only was he very productive, but he gave a shat about Buffalo, and really didn't want to leave....

If a guy hates Buffalo, but produces anyways, I have no problem with that...he is a pro. But, if he produces, and loves the city (like Briere, and later Jim Kelly) he becomes a fan favorite.

Exactly my point - If he produces

Name G GS W-L (Pct) Att Comp Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sk% Rating

Jason Campbell 52 52 20-32 (.385) 1637 1002 61.2 10860 6.6 55 38 6.2 82.3

J.P. Losman 26 23 10-23 (.303) 942 558 59.2 6211 6.6 33 34 9.9 75.6

Kyle Boller 60 46 20-26 (.435) 1487 844 56.8 8745 5.9 48 50 7.4 70.6

Bruce Gradkowski 26 16 5-11 (.313) 523 279 53.3 2824 5.4 15 16 7.4 65.9

JaMarcus Russell 31 25 7-18 (.280) 680 354 52.1 4083 6.0 18 23 9.3 65.2

Charlie Frye 26 23 7-16 (.304) 676 419 62.0 4154 6.1 17 29 10.5 69.8

Here is the ugly truth.

10 wins in 33 starts. More ints than tds. The man just couldn't win, despite his strong arm and ability to run. I wish him well, and I wish the same for Rob Johnson.

+1

+1

I wanted to rip "play it safe" Jauron's freaking head off in 2007. I'm so excited to see a revamped Buffalo Bills team with a REAL head coach. Those four years were brutal.

Seems like ancient history now. After '06, I think we all believed we had our guy. I recall being pizzed when announcers mis-pronounced his name ('P.J. Lowesmen') the following pre-season. Now, in the course of 1 year, he's wearing his 3rd <Edit: 4th, (Las Vegas)>different jersey. That's more sportswear than most fans have accrued in that span..

Good luck, JP. Just don't beat the Bills!