Someone told me to embrace the local sports opportunities

when i moved to the philly area, one of the more learned posters told me to enjoy the sports that the area had to offer while not worrying about shifting alleigences (sp?)...boy the timing couldn't have been better....for this casual hockey fan who loves watching sabres playoff games, i got enveloped into the whole flyer mania this play-off season....just got back from a local bar where i was cheering as loudly as any flyer fan in the joint.....holy cow is it exciting.....thank god briere is an ex sabre....makes me feel a bit less dirty....

ugh.

Ive been out here for awhile and I would never root for the Flyers let alone cheer for them.

I do like the Phillies in a way but I have no emotional attachment to them.... still a Tribe fan. I loathe the Flyers and Eagles though.

when i moved to the philly area, one of the more learned posters told me to enjoy the sports that the area had to offer while not worrying about shifting alleigences (sp?)...boy the timing couldn't have been better....for this casual hockey fan who loves watching sabres playoff games, i got enveloped into the whole flyer mania this play-off season....just got back from a local bar where i was cheering as loudly as any flyer fan in the joint.....holy cow is it exciting.....thank god briere is an ex sabre....makes me feel a bit less dirty....

Not noticeable to others :thumbsup: I could only cheer for the flyers if they got into a bench clearing, bare knuckle, no man left standing brawl- with themselves. :nana:

:thumbsup:

Embrace your local sports as in baseball in Arizona or basketball in LA. It does not mean cheer for the !@#$ing flyers in a Philly sports bar. Seriously dude, that is only one step above cheering for the dolphins.

Jers the rule Pooj..if you are from Buffalo you can root only for the Bills and Sabres, must hate all other teams. I tried to like other teams , for instance first year in DC bought Caps season tickets..by 4th game knew it was a mistake and I had wasted my money.

Now, being in KOP, you can become a Sixer and Philly fan, as I became a Oriole and Bullets fan(now thw Nats have become my team in baseball).

You may also pick a local college to root for.

But under no circumstances can you ever say a positive word about those stinkin Flyers or Iggles!!!!

ugh.

Ive been out here for awhile and I would never root for the Flyers let alone cheer for them.

I do like the Phillies in a way but I have no emotional attachment to them.... still a Tribe fan. I loathe the Flyers and Eagles though.

have a nice day

Embrace your local sports as in baseball in Arizona or basketball in LA. It does not mean cheer for the !@#$ing flyers in a Philly sports bar. Seriously dude, that is only one step above cheering for the dolphins.

Thank you for setting that poor soul straight Ray.

Phuck the Phlyers.

Pooj, the flyers? Seriously?

You broke my heart.

let me set everyone straight....i am not a hockey fan, but when i do watch hockey, the sabres are my team of choice....i simply got caught up in this series and have enjoyed every minute of it...i will never switch favorite teams, i simply am living the motto 'when in rome'....

let me set everyone straight....i am not a hockey fan, but when i do watch hockey, the sabres are my team of choice....i simply got caught up in this series and have enjoyed every minute of it...i will never switch favorite teams, i simply am living the motto 'when in rome'....

POOJ...do what you wanna do, be what you wanna be...forget these stojanheads and their silly rules

I don't mind Pooj, you've had enough issues in your life that you should enjoy the fun seeing a team do well. Probably the last time you had that experience was in 2003 with SU BBall.

My rule is it's okay to like any team in a league Buffalo doesn't compete in, or the same league if said Buffalo team is done for the year. Since I live in near Boston and hate spoiled-rotten Boston sports fans, and since the Bruins knocked off the Sabres, I was cheering my head off for the Flyers.

PTR

I kinda of get what the OP is talking about. I'm a diehard Bills fan but I don't feel as strongly about any other teams. I'll always root for the Sabres but my love for them has faded since the Briere/ Drury mess. I hate the way they play minus a few players (Miller, Myers, Grier, Kaleta) and I can't stand Larry Quinn and Reigier.

I grew up as Mets/ Indians fan but MLB is such a joke now. The Mets spend a ton of money but are morons and the Indians have no chance because of their market size. I just casually watch baseball now but if you're not a fan of a big market team, how much fun can you possibly have?

As for hoops, I just enjoy the games. I also just say the Broad Street Bullies HBO special and I loved it. That's the type of team I would want to root for. It just makes me angry when I think about soft the Sabs are.

[vader]...Tom Golisano never TOLD you what happened to your father....Bobby CLARKE is your father....come with us, and together we will rule the NHL as fans of the greatest hockey team in the universe!!!! [/vader]

:unsure:

Don't try to fight it, Pooj....just let the philly sports culture slowwwwwwly cradle you in its loving arms, gently rocking you back and forth until you are able to become one of us.... :thumbsup: