The Road not Taken!!!!!

Gailey hasn't coached a game yet for the Bills, SpILLER Hasn't played a down, Moorman is a punter which is a bad sign if u make a case w/a punter! Which leaves u with F. Jackson who the Bills thought enough of to use their 1st pick in the NFL Draft on a RB...WHICH DOES'T seem like a vote of confidence to me, or anything I would base my optimism on if I were you!

So tell me again exactly what is right? Aaron maybe Maybin I suppose when Modrak who is still here said no thank you to Bryan Orakapo DE who is awesome!!!! The Road not taken strikes again!!!! :doh:

Oh yeah...Byrd! :doh: Good one and I agree...but like other farm systems for the NFL....EACH TIME A PLAYER achieves a productive status they go to the highest bidder at FA time!...u say no?.....Jabari Greer, A. Winfield, Pat Williams, Nate Clements...Leonhard, I'll stop but that list is a lot longer.........Anyone want to add to it feel free! So what I'm saying is even the Byrd will fly away for FA..... :doh:

Oh yeah...Byrd! :doh: Good one and I agree...but like other farm systems for the NFL....EACH TIME A PLAYER achieves a productive status they go to the highest bidder at FA time!...u say no?.....Jabari Greer, A. Winfield, Pat Williams, Nate Clements...Leonhard, I'll stop but that list is a lot longer.........Anyone want to add to it feel free! So what I'm saying is even the Byrd will fly away for FA..... :doh:

You're a fair weather fan, and a troll. If you're so despondent over the current state of the Bills, and you feel like they're a team going nowhere, then go buy a GD Saints jersey or something. I thought the "please go drink bleach" comment was both funny and a little harsh. Now I think it was funny and appropriate.

Please go drink bleach or become a Pats fan (or chose from any other team), the Bills don't need or want you

Waaaaaaaaaaa, the Bills didn't sign some big name guys and didn't draft guys I have heard of and ESPN or some other draft magazine/website told me were good. They should just call their season off, why bother playing?

i challenge anyone to think back 5 months and remember what hopes you had for the new gm, coach, the draft and free agency. before the sheep were prepped by nevergiveup, i really don't recall much, if any, excitement for nix, gailey, spiller, or any of the free agents that were picked up. can anyone here really say this was the best they were hoping for? there was talk of cowher or gruden or shottenheimer and mcnabb and draft prospects for qb and lt yet none of it came to pass and everyone is satisfied, some even giddy. why?

The rest of the good IMO:

WOOD

LEVITRE

EVANS

STROUD

POZ

MAYBIN (i hope)

KAWICKA

LEODIS

Wood may have a career ending injury or may never be the same, Pozinjury or whatever is out more than he plays so far, Mitchell has been a disappointment so far, I Hopes should't count but I hope to, but so far he's a bust, Leodis could become great and move on like Clements did as CB's demand a big buck in F/Agency......We're in trouble if this is the best of the Bills for the future! yikes! :doh:

Isn't it ironic that we by passed Colt McCoy deep in the draft, but we take some unknown, inexperienced RB that Indy discarded named Colt Simpson. "No offense O.J.".....

Wasn't there a free agent offensive tackle available not too long ago....Levi Jones or something like that? So instead

we draft a small time QB in the 7th round Levi Brown..."No offense Jim"....

Then didn't we just pick up a RB named Mendenhall? Well, yeah I know we did...but isn't the other one the one that

matters? We picked up another unknown!

It starts at the top..and as long as they hire coaches and staff on the cheap and avoid QB's in the first two rounds...they won't ever make it back to the playoffs! I see people predicting great things...that they are building towards..but it's all a

facade. Even when they bring a player along like Peters, they repeatedly have shown that they are not willing to pay what it takes to keep him. That is a fact and history continually repeats itself. The top teams keep most of their superstars..Indy will retire a Colt and Brady will spend several years on the Patriots unless he gets plagued by injuries. Good teams keep their stars, the Bills like the Bisons is a good place to watch some young players develop and if they become a desirable

player move on to a "real" NFL Franchise!!!! I hate to say all this, but it's the way it is and I'm a diehard supporter of da

Bills regardless of the product they put on the field every year. But, I'm not going to call a pile of sh*t a pile of Gold !!!!! :doh:

How original. You took the basic mantra of the doom and gloomers on this board "we suck, the front office sucks, our draft sucks, Ralph sucks" and managed to expand it into a self congratulatory 700 word diatribe. You were that kid in class who reminded the teacher he hadn't given out homework.

i challenge anyone to think back 5 months and remember what hopes you had for the new gm, coach, the draft and free agency. before the sheep were prepped by nevergiveup, i really don't recall much, if any, excitement for nix, gailey, spiller, or any of the free agents that were picked up. can anyone here really say this was the best they were hoping for? there was talk of cowher or gruden or shottenheimer and mcnabb and draft prospects for qb and lt yet none of it came to pass and everyone is satisfied, some even giddy. why?

EXACTLY! Someone who gets it...Yes! :doh:

There are more things wrong with our team than right. I hate to admit that, but's it's true. However, a few things right with this team are as follows: Chan Gailey, Fred Jackson, Moorman, the Byrd man, & Spiller. There are more good things I can think of, but those few names came to mind as people with upside in our organization.

I think Moorman is great but it's telling when the punter and placekicker are consistently the better well known and productive players on your team.

A) We did bring in some big name free agents a LB and DE to help solidify our D. Sorry their names are not big enough i cant remember them... :doh:

B) We did draft really well, May not be big names but thats what gets you in trouble, drafting guys people have heard of.

C) We are Bills fans, it's what we do.

So Troupe, Wang, and the 7 other players did not address Needs....

Round Pick Player Position

1 9 (9) Spiller, C.J. RB - Home Run Hitter on offense Bills have desperately needed

2 9 (41) Troup, Torell DT - BIG DT to anchor our D-line whos work ethic and understanding of the game and his position are highly reguarded

3 8 (72) Carrington, Alex DE - Freakish athleticism, needs at LB/DE

4 9 (107) Easley, Marcus WR - still an unknown but we need recievers

5 9 (140) Wang, Ed OT - Amazing story and work ethic, has all the intangibles but is a little rough around the edges

6 9 (178) Moats, Arthur DE - see Carrington, Alex

6 23 (192) Batten, Danny DE - see Carrington, Alex

(From Eagles)

7 2 (209) Brown, Levi QB - Hes one bad mama jama, was rated 6 best QB in draft steal in the 7th round

(From Lions)

7 9 (216) Calloway, Kyle OT - An unknown but adds OL depth.

SO tell me again, we did not address needs in the draft how, because your draft board was not selected? :doh:

The BIGGEST team needs were Quarterback and Left Tackle. All your gibberish left out those two critical positions. The team has so many holes that yes-no matter who they took filled some, just not the ones most important to success.

Isn't it ironic that we by passed Colt McCoy deep in the draft, but we take some unknown, inexperienced RB that Indy discarded named Colt Simpson. "No offense O.J.".....

Wasn't there a free agent offensive tackle available not too long ago....Levi Jones or something like that? So instead

Then didn't we just pick up a RB named Mendenhall? Well, yeah I know we did...but isn't the other one the one that

I also know we picked up some hall of famers! Well actually their college players that went undrafted, but the Bills have

high hopes for some of them. At least their optimistic! Yeah, but the names sure are iconic football names from the past:

Destin Harris...."Darn not Franco"

Sean Allen...... Drats not Marcus

Antonio Coleman...Well not Monte

Bell, Jones, Johnson (at least he's not Rob)...

So after this big splash in free agency and the draft what are your feelings on how much we improved, regressed, or stayed the same????

To me, I like as Robert Frost put it "The Road not taken", but I like that road better than the road we took !!! It's also so ironic that the best player that this franchise has selected in the past five years is at a position that we didn't really need

to improve on in contrast to severe needs at QB and OLT.

Just remember, praise their selections if you want..but mark my work when we struggle this year...we're all going to say..boy they lost some close games...if we just had a better QB and better blocking for the QB we would've won 8 or 9 games at least.

Unfortunately, the sad reality is that when it's all said and done and everyone has spoken their piece...and Donte predicts the playoffs again, and Chan Gailey talks about turning it around like the Dolphins and Jets did...We're still going to be

5 wins and 11 losses until we ADDRESS OUR NEEDS with big boy college players that played against top competition. This little tweener team of little guys from little colleges that can play more than one position including special teams like Spiller..is not what I want my team to be like....You don't see Pittsburgh or Baltimore get manhandled, and you see that quality teams like N.ENG and Indy have the skill positon guys which you need...The Brady's, Moss's, etc....Who do we really have at WR for sure besides Lee Evans?????? Parrish?? yeah right, Hardy? Hardly....Easley? It won't be Easy for the rook! Stevie (I wonder) Johnson? Not so far? Who??? Maybe, we should get the old but better than anything we have on our roster Marvin Harrison if he's not back with Indy!

Core players?? Pozluzny...no Pozinjury is out more than in! Schoebel? Just sold his house! Sounds like that ship has sailed!

Byrd (break...smile..2 more years GONE!) to highest bidder! u say no???? Hmmmm...Pat Williams, Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Sam Cowhart, Jabari Greer, that Leonhart guy whose quite good!....etc....

It starts at the top..and as long as they hire coaches and staff on the cheap and avoid QB's in the first two rounds...they won't ever make it back to the playoffs! I see people predicting great things...that they are building towards..but it's all a

facade. Even when they bring a player along like Peters, they repeatedly have shown that they are not willing to pay what it takes to keep him. That is a fact and history continually repeats itself. The top teams keep most of their superstars..Indy will retire a Colt and Brady will spend several years on the Patriots unless he gets plagued by injuries. Good teams keep their stars, the Bills like the Bisons is a good place to watch some young players develop and if they become a desirable

player move on to a "real" NFL Franchise!!!! I hate to say all this, but it's the way it is and I'm a diehard supporter of da

Bills regardless of the product they put on the field every year. But, I'm not going to call a pile of sh*t a pile of Gold !!!!! :doh:

OK, first of all, how is anything you wrote in this post ironic? It's not ironic that we passed on a QB and signed a UDFA RB. That's two seperate and pretty much unrelated things. I don't even know who you're referring to as the best draft pick, but that statement exhibits no irony either.

Next, who cares where they dig up the bottom 20 guys on the training camp roster? i.e. the guys who wont even make the PS. If, as you contend (and are probably right), the Bills do not get more than 4 to 6 wins, why would you want a one year vet starting instead of a young guy who can learn, get better potentially, and most importantly still be on the team in 3 years?

I think you hit it that QB is the msot important part of winning in the NFL, but if there wasn't a good one there, why take one? Just for the sake of it?

I'm pretty sure as far as team size goes, that was basically the point of the draft for them. They got a lot bigger. We have the tweeners playing the "tweener" positions now in the 3-4 and got a lot bigger up front on the DL. Maybe it's not yet enough, but it was a hell of a start.

You are one of those people that keeps saying the Bills are cheap. You mentioned 6 guys specifically that we lost. Of those players, I would say we only really missed Big Pat. To a lesser extent you could say that AW and Nasty Nate were tough losses, but we had Nasty Nate when AW left and Nasty Nate left for stupid money that he never played up to. Sam was a great player for us until the injury that basically made him ineffective for the rest of his career. Jabari was a good player that we developed, but nothing special - George Wilson is better. JL is exactly what you said you didn't want earlier in your post - a small guy. He never did anything for us and he was a UDFA when we got him, so no harm in losing him. Not tomention all of the money that they've spent on FAs and even re-signing their own players like Lee.

Finally, I think what you are missing is that in order to sign/keep good football players you have to have them at one point. So the problem might not be so much that we are losing players because we can't keep them, but more like we don't have any players worth keeping, so why spend money re-signing a guy. I don't think that the Bills have had particularly good talent on the team, which is why they haven't been good. I think that's a result of poor drafting for the most part, but also to an extent poor coaching. The reason people are more optimistic is that we have a semi-proven talent guy, a new head coach, and soemthing of a direction that isn't based off the previous regime's schemes, players, ideas of how to play football, but their own.

I actually really liked the Nix hire. Especially after I read about him a little and heard him talk. Why wouldn't you be excited about Spiller? He should be a play-making machine.

The BIGGEST team needs were Quarterback and Left Tackle. All your gibberish left out those two critical positions. The team has so many holes that yes-no matter who they took filled some, just not the ones most important to success.

Look again, we did draft both a QB and a LT. They're not the ones you wanted, obviously, but both positions were addressed.

I actually really liked the Nix hire. Especially after I read about him a little and heard him talk. Why wouldn't you be excited about Spiller? He should be a play-making machine.

I agree. Nix beefed up the D-line and is doing away with the smaller, faster, finesse Tampa 2 players. The defense will be the strong point of the team by the end of the season. IMO, the Bills will have a wild card berth into the playoffs and go further than anyone expected (like the Jets last season).

There are more things wrong with our team than right. I hate to admit that, but's it's true. However, a few things right with this team are as follows: Chan Gailey, Fred Jackson, Moorman, the Byrd man, & Spiller. There are more good things I can think of, but those few names came to mind as people with upside in our organization.

Bruce Dehaven, Bob Sanders , George Castovolos , Kyle Williams , No Dick Jauron & more if you think about it .

I think what a lot of it comes down to is the Bills are a team in a depressed area & in that area everyone is prone to saving a buck and getting as much for their money as they can , but in this country the basic mind set now rather than the way it use to be is mortgage the farm & stay so far in debt that you'll never see day light like lets say Jerry the A hole Jones and if you look to see which of the teams in the NFL are the teams that are PAID FOR the bills i believe are one of the very few if any that are owned out right and actually make money . But yes in today's society & way of thinking the Bills are definitely a thing of the past because they try to get the most for their money & don't want to be in debt like our gov't GO FIGURE ????

GO BILLS !!!!!

You just topped me and my original post...lol...and I agree w/everything you have said. Look people, it's not that I wanted

the past decade to work out as it has, but you have people out there practically denying it was that ugly! If it's been ugly

what drastic changes have been made for us to believe that it's going to be any different? Has-been retread coaches from Georgia Techwho have been on their couches for a couple of seasons!, and coaches who have mostly advanced one coaching position like C. Modkins O Coordinator w/out any experience as a O/C ! At least Vav Pelt had some NFL experience. Oh, but Chan Gailey will make all the O Calls until he feels Modkins is ready! So we have an O/C Apprentice? and that should sit well with me? You have to like Chris Ellis DE right? K. Mitchell...just where has he been? Paul PozInjury you make me pozitive w/your team spirited lip service! Hardy has Hardly been on the field, C. Kelsay was released wasn't he, Schobel just sold his house, Lynch may not show? and if he does is that a good thing? One of the bloggers named 4 or 5 of our better players including Moorman! He is good granted, but if you have to make your point of optimism with the punter as part of your argument, then u have made my case! I would love to have u in court as the defense attorney!...lol

I could go on..but it's unnecessary...right now high expectations are unwarranted regarding the Bills. Believing the Bills are

on the right track is believing that you can build a castle without the right tools! I think we'll end up with a shoddy shed

that leaks and we dress it up with a shiny new mailbox to portray hope!( SPILLER!). Last year we planted a tree (T.O. to sell some tickets...), but the tree didn't really take root as there wasn't enough nutrients in soil around it, so the tree has been re-planted somewhere else. Just a couple of quick analogies, but u get the point!!

Please someone...give me legitimate reasons why we will win 8 games or more this year without sidestepping the question

because I'd love to bill'eave this year as well, but I like to base my feelings on reality..rather than some idiot telling me to drink bleach....and then go on about Brian Moorman...who I like as well...but that's a sorry reason to bill'eave in the upcoming season.....What do u think?

Fixed (again).

What do I think? I think you're on the wrong site...this is Two Bills Drive - your opinions belong on Two Bills Drivel...

19 and 0 baby!!! :doh:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :doh:

ok then,i'll buy the "on further review" argument for nix but he and gailey were truly out of left field..at least as far as speculation on this board (i certainly anticipate a response to this statement) or even the major sports outlets are concerned. why do the bills so often have to look for the diamond in the rough and ignore conventional wisdom? statistically the herd is often right and if you don't buy into herd mentality then why not at least choose aggression over passivity. even cleveland was able to make some big (and yes speculative) deals. when you're on the bottom, gambling may be your best option. the status quo hasn't worked here. where's the wheelin, dealin bold moves? it would be nice if the bills would once go "all in" but this offseason is the antithesis of that. what's the worst that could happen, 0-16? many here have guessed a 4-5 win season as it is...why not bet the house on 4 games? and yeah, it aint my money but i'm not 92 with no trophy, staring the grim reaper in the face.

I'm not sure about you, but I'd say that guys like Dwan Edwards, Andra Davis, and CJ Spiller qualify as new talent. Also, the reasons Miami went out and got Chad Pennington were because (1) he was available (but not until a week before the regular season mind you), and (2) they were coming into the season with Cleo Lemon and John Beck on the roster. The reasons Buffalo hasn't done the same are (1) there's no Chad Pennington available this year (unless you count a guy like Marc Bulger, who hasn't had a sniff in free agency) and (2) they clearly want to see what Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm can do in the new offensive system before they invest in a new QB. I'm sorry, but the two are completely different situations.

Again, who did you want them to sign? Bulger? Culpepper? Charlie Batch? That guy's not out there...

First of all, I would have felt better if Gailey cut Edwards and Fitz the day before the annual meat market in Indy started, which was the day Gailey promised he would have been finished watching all the film of those two idiots, and would make his "decision." Secondly, out of those three guys you mention above, I would have loved to see Nix sign any two of them, or even Pennington himself plus one of the three above, since Chad was also a free agent until he finally decided to stay in Miami. Culpepper was in Indianapolis acting as his own agent and he even told the media he would love to help re-build Buffalo. I really don't care if these guys don't have much left, at least all of them have had success in the NFL and still have enough experience to help a young team grow up! Edwards and Fitzpatrick are what they are, bad back up options in the NFL. Nothing more, nothing less. Like I said, I hope Brohm ends up beating them out.

You speak with passion and I respect that. But really do you know how to build a winning franchise if so you should be making millions to do so. Otherwise let the proffessionals build the team.

As far as this fans perspective, who says it has to be a first or second round QB that takes us to the promise land? We trade a first round pick t the Patriots for their former first round pick star and only sniffed the playoffs once in three years. He was repkaced on his old team by a 6th rd QB who has won 3 out of 4 superbowls.

Now Manning, Peyton that is, is a rarety he is a one man offensive machine well wortht he first rd pick has a consistent winning record but only 1-1 in the big game but he makes stars out of no names around him for the most part.

Now on to the Bills. I know we are all BAh Humbug about this team but look the season hasnt started. Gailey has a better record then anyone after wade phillips. Our team is not without talent. We hve 3 good/great RBS. One deep threat reciever, potentially a second good reciever in Johnson. possibly a diamond or two in the rough recivers.

Its the OL everyone complais about but Levitre Hangartner and Wood are a solid three if healthy whichmeans the Rt/LT battle someone needs to step and do a good Job, Your no name rant is a moot point here becuase Jason Petteres was an UNDRAFTED TE who stepped up to RT then over to LT so it is possible that a valuedreplacement is already here. I believe as much as the coaching staff believes that one of the three QBS are going to get the job done and personally I think it will be Brohm who gets the keys.( who by the way was a second round pick just saying) The defense was retooled on the line and more deth at LB and a pretty good secondary.

So what am I saying look at what an incompetent coach did with this team 7-9 I think chan this season gives us +2 becuase he knows QBS and offensive game planning that is 9-7 yeah probably not the playoffs but a couple of good bounces and maybe we slide in. Other then that we are ready to make the playoffs next footabll season.

Give the team a chance to play a regular season game before you say they suck.

Isn't Iit convienient to put words in someone's mouth that they didn't even say...Never said they suck....Ever! They are a 5-11 team + or - 1 win period! I surely think I could've done a better job than the Bills have in the past 10 years! I probably should be making millions as u mentioned, obviously the Bills have squandered millions over the past decade and have a worse record than 0-0 ! So the professionals have netted the Bills a sub-500 record and your satisfied with that! WeLL I am not and never will be....Many better moves could've been made...and I would've made them...I don't have time now...but I would've taken Orakapo last year over Maybin in a heartbeat...yeah there's many other but I have to feed a crying baby...I'll be back to mention some of the moves I would've made....I will!

You speak with passion and I respect that. But really do you know how to build a winning franchise if so you should be making millions to do so. Otherwise let the proffessionals build the team.

As far as this fans perspective, who says it has to be a first or second round QB that takes us to the promise land? We trade a first round pick t the Patriots for their former first round pick star and only sniffed the playoffs once in three years. He was repkaced on his old team by a 6th rd QB who has won 3 out of 4 superbowls.

Now Manning, Peyton that is, is a rarety he is a one man offensive machine well wortht he first rd pick has a consistent winning record but only 1-1 in the big game but he makes stars out of no names around him for the most part.

Now on to the Bills. I know we are all BAh Humbug about this team but look the season hasnt started. Gailey has a better record then anyone after wade phillips. Our team is not without talent. We hve 3 good/great RBS. One deep threat reciever, potentially a second good reciever in Johnson. possibly a diamond or two in the rough recivers.

Its the OL everyone complais about but Levitre Hangartner and Wood are a solid three if healthy whichmeans the Rt/LT battle someone needs to step and do a good Job, Your no name rant is a moot point here becuase Jason Petteres was an UNDRAFTED TE who stepped up to RT then over to LT so it is possible that a valuedreplacement is already here. I believe as much as the coaching staff believes that one of the three QBS are going to get the job done and personally I think it will be Brohm who gets the keys.( who by the way was a second round pick just saying) The defense was retooled on the line and more deth at LB and a pretty good secondary.

So what am I saying look at what an incompetent coach did with this team 7-9 I think chan this season gives us +2 becuase he knows QBS and offensive game planning that is 9-7 yeah probably not the playoffs but a couple of good bounces and maybe we slide in. Other then that we are ready to make the playoffs next footabll season.

Isn't Iit convienient to put words in someone's mouth that they didn't even say...Never said they suck....Ever! They are a 5-11 team + or - 1 win period! I surely think I could've done a better job than the Bills have in the past 10 years! I probably should be making millions as u mentioned, obviously the Bills have squandered millions over the past decade and have a worse record than 0-0 ! So the professionals have netted the Bills a sub-500 record and your satisfied with that! WeLL I am not and never will be....Many better moves could've been made...and I would've made them...I don't have time now...but I would've taken Orakapo last year over Maybin in a heartbeat...yeah there's many other but I have to feed a crying baby...I'll be back to mention some of the moves I would've made....I will!

I also know we picked up some hall of famers! Well actually their college players that went undrafted, but the Bills have

high hopes for some of them. At least their optimistic! Yeah, but the names sure are iconic football names from the past:

Destin Harris...."Darn not Franco"

Sean Allen...... Drats not Marcus

Antonio Coleman...Well not Monte

Bell, Jones, Johnson (at least he's not Rob)...

So after this big splash in free agency and the draft what are your feelings on how much we improved, regressed, or stayed the same????

To me, I like as Robert Frost put it "The Road not taken", but I like that road better than the road we took !!! It's also so ironic that the best player that this franchise has selected in the past five years is at a position that we didn't really need

to improve on in contrast to severe needs at QB and OLT.

Just remember, praise their selections if you want..but mark my work when we struggle this year...we're all going to say..boy they lost some close games...if we just had a better QB and better blocking for the QB we would've won 8 or 9 games at least.

Unfortunately, the sad reality is that when it's all said and done and everyone has spoken their piece...and Donte predicts the playoffs again, and Chan Gailey talks about turning it around like the Dolphins and Jets did...We're still going to be

5 wins and 11 losses until we ADDRESS OUR NEEDS with big boy college players that played against top competition. This little tweener team of little guys from little colleges that can play more than one position including special teams like Spiller..is not what I want my team to be like....You don't see Pittsburgh or Baltimore get manhandled, and you see that quality teams like N.ENG and Indy have the skill positon guys which you need...The Brady's, Moss's, etc....Who do we really have at WR for sure besides Lee Evans?????? Parrish?? yeah right, Hardy? Hardly....Easley? It won't be Easy for the rook! Stevie (I wonder) Johnson? Not so far? Who??? Maybe, we should get the old but better than anything we have on our roster Marvin Harrison if he's not back with Indy!

Core players?? Pozluzny...no Pozinjury is out more than in! Schoebel? Just sold his house! Sounds like that ship has sailed!

Byrd (break...smile..2 more years GONE!) to highest bidder! u say no???? Hmmmm...Pat Williams, Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Sam Cowhart, Jabari Greer, that Leonhart guy whose quite good!....etc....

man you need Valium. another guy who thinks he knows better than Nix and modrak who have been in this business for thirty years.

by the way the tackle you are talking about from last year is a beat up finished has been. is the whole NFL also not as intelligent as you seeing that nobody else wanted him either.

i love what the bills are doing this year we finally have football people in charge of rebuilding this team again for the first time since Bill Polian and your not happy and you have the audacity to question them and thinking you know better when you dont even know the players names you are bitc-ing about.

get real man and at least give these guys a few months and view the final product of this years team before trying to criticize Nix and company.

First of all, I would have felt better if Gailey cut Edwards and Fitz the day before the annual meat market in Indy started, which was the day Gailey promised he would have been finished watching all the film of those two idiots, and would make his "decision." Secondly, out of those three guys you mention above, I would have loved to see Nix sign any two of them, or even Pennington himself plus one of the three above, since Chad was also a free agent until he finally decided to stay in Miami. Culpepper was in Indianapolis acting as his own agent and he even told the media he would love to help re-build Buffalo. I really don't care if these guys don't have much left, at least all of them have had success in the NFL and still have enough experience to help a young team grow up! Edwards and Fitzpatrick are what they are, bad back up options in the NFL. Nothing more, nothing less. Like I said, I hope Brohm ends up beating them out.

I understand your mindset.

I happen to think that Gailey's decision after reviewing film on the current QBs was to move forward with what's on the roster and see what the current crop can do in their system (most likely with Brohm, as he's the one guy that would justify such a decision). It's not as though he didn't make a decision, they just decided that bringing in a late-round young guy was a better investment than an early-round pick given their current team makeup.

Also, I don't know that signing Pennington--a guy that currently is listed as the No. 3 QB on Miami's depth chart--would make a huge difference on this team. Isn't it better to let a younger guy (i.e. Brohm or Brown) play with a younger team and let them come of age together?

I'm not saying that I think any of the QBs on the roster are the answer, but I do understand the approach that Nix and Gailey are taking.

Well with our well water we already add bleach prior to the system that we have that purifies our water...and our water is cleaner and more pure than municipal water or bottled water so I'm not as dillusional as you must be drinking your tainted water. 2011 Season you will get your wish more than likely as there probably won't be a season. Other than that what I stated is just the sad realities of the Bills. I am just a realist that won't put the blinders on just because I love the Bills.

It is what it is! Until there is a change in philosophy beginning with ownership we will likely remain a bottom 10 team! If you feel differently, good for you..eternal optimism is a good quality even when the situation dictates the opposite emotion.

:thumbsup:

No one cares about your (2tsps/gal) bleachwater.

I always find it interesting that people stake the claim that the philosophy change needs to come from ownership on down. I understand that a lot of people do this as a way to relate the rest of corporate America with an NFL team because let's face it, it's easier to fit everything into a matrix than it is to come up with a new model to use to understand something. I really don't think that ownership has to change it's philosophy (I assume you're advocating an ownership change) in order for this team to succeed. Don't you just need a new football guy to change the philosophy? I get the sentiment that "it all starts at the top", but isn't there a top to one portion of the organization and a top to the organization as a whole? Is Ralph really calling the players individually to set the tone? Is he cutting people himself?

I feel like the change from no GM to having a GM was a big philosophical change. For what it's worth I think what Gailey has been saying and doing thus far is a huge departure in philosophy from anything either of the last two headcoaches did.

ok then,i'll buy the "on further review" argument for nix but he and gailey were truly out of left field..at least as far as speculation on this board (i certainly anticipate a response to this statement) or even the major sports outlets are concerned. why do the bills so often have to look for the diamond in the rough and ignore conventional wisdom? statistically the herd is often right and if you don't buy into herd mentality then why not at least choose aggression over passivity. even cleveland was able to make some big (and yes speculative) deals. when you're on the bottom, gambling may be your best option. the status quo hasn't worked here. where's the wheelin, dealin bold moves? it would be nice if the bills would once go "all in" but this offseason is the antithesis of that. what's the worst that could happen, 0-16? many here have guessed a 4-5 win season as it is...why not bet the house on 4 games? and yeah, it aint my money but i'm not 92 with no trophy, staring the grim reaper in the face.

Starting at the bottom and going up, Ralph will live for another 20 years - rich people don't die. :thumbsup:

I actually seem to remember someone ont his board posting that Nix might be the hire in November of last year, but that doesn't really matter one way or another because you are right that few people saw this coming or even saw it as a possibility. The point is that it doesn't matter what the fans and media think about the hire coming out of left field, but I'd be more interested to hear about what other teams thought about it. How high would he have been on the list for another team's GM spot? On top of that, I think you could argue that the hiring of Whaley as Assistant GM as a very "conventional wisdom" move. I think if you looked at GM/headcoach restuctures across the NFL historically, you'd see that in many cases one or both of the guys were not on anyone's radar going into the process. We, as primarily Bills fans, don't have the perspective to readily see that however.