The Road not Taken!!!!!

Isn't it ironic that we by passed Colt McCoy deep in the draft, but we take some unknown, inexperienced RB that Indy discarded named Colt Simpson. "No offense O.J.".....

Wasn't there a free agent offensive tackle available not too long ago....Levi Jones or something like that? So instead

we draft a small time QB in the 7th round Levi Brown..."No offense Jim"....

Then didn't we just pick up a RB named Mendenhall? Well, yeah I know we did...but isn't the other one the one that

matters? We picked up another unknown!

I also know we picked up some hall of famers! Well actually their college players that went undrafted, but the Bills have

high hopes for some of them. At least their optimistic! Yeah, but the names sure are iconic football names from the past:

Destin Harris...."Darn not Franco"

Sean Allen...... Drats not Marcus

Antonio Coleman...Well not Monte

Bell, Jones, Johnson (at least he's not Rob)...

So after this big splash in free agency and the draft what are your feelings on how much we improved, regressed, or stayed the same????

To me, I like as Robert Frost put it "The Road not taken", but I like that road better than the road we took !!! It's also so ironic that the best player that this franchise has selected in the past five years is at a position that we didn't really need

to improve on in contrast to severe needs at QB and OLT.

Just remember, praise their selections if you want..but mark my work when we struggle this year...we're all going to say..boy they lost some close games...if we just had a better QB and better blocking for the QB we would've won 8 or 9 games at least.

Unfortunately, the sad reality is that when it's all said and done and everyone has spoken their piece...and Donte predicts the playoffs again, and Chan Gailey talks about turning it around like the Dolphins and Jets did...We're still going to be

5 wins and 11 losses until we ADDRESS OUR NEEDS with big boy college players that played against top competition. This little tweener team of little guys from little colleges that can play more than one position including special teams like Spiller..is not what I want my team to be like....You don't see Pittsburgh or Baltimore get manhandled, and you see that quality teams like N.ENG and Indy have the skill positon guys which you need...The Brady's, Moss's, etc....Who do we really have at WR for sure besides Lee Evans?????? Parrish?? yeah right, Hardy? Hardly....Easley? It won't be Easy for the rook! Stevie (I wonder) Johnson? Not so far? Who??? Maybe, we should get the old but better than anything we have on our roster Marvin Harrison if he's not back with Indy!

Core players?? Pozluzny...no Pozinjury is out more than in! Schoebel? Just sold his house! Sounds like that ship has sailed!

Byrd (break...smile..2 more years GONE!) to highest bidder! u say no???? Hmmmm...Pat Williams, Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Sam Cowhart, Jabari Greer, that Leonhart guy whose quite good!....etc....

It starts at the top..and as long as they hire coaches and staff on the cheap and avoid QB's in the first two rounds...they won't ever make it back to the playoffs! I see people predicting great things...that they are building towards..but it's all a

facade. Even when they bring a player along like Peters, they repeatedly have shown that they are not willing to pay what it takes to keep him. That is a fact and history continually repeats itself. The top teams keep most of their superstars..Indy will retire a Colt and Brady will spend several years on the Patriots unless he gets plagued by injuries. Good teams keep their stars, the Bills like the Bisons is a good place to watch some young players develop and if they become a desirable

player move on to a "real" NFL Franchise!!!! I hate to say all this, but it's the way it is and I'm a diehard supporter of da

Bills regardless of the product they put on the field every year. But, I'm not going to call a pile of sh*t a pile of Gold !!!!! :thumbsup:

First of all, drafting a qb in the first 2 rounds doesn't guarantee crap.We did that in Trent edwards. How'd that work out?

And secondly, just cuz YOU think they are a pile of Sh*t, doesn't make it so. they haven't even played a game yet or put out a final roster. You don't sound like a diehard supporter at all to me. just a diehard whiner. And the way it looks to me, you didn't hate saying this at all. In fact, I am pretty sure you enjoyed your rant. Many of us here see the positive steps the new guys have made. There is more to come but we must be patient. It can't all be done in one off season. They have a plan and we have to give them a little time to put that plan in place. But you're a diehard. Surely you have some patience left for your favorite team right?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it ironic that we by passed Colt McCoy deep in the draft, but we take some unknown, inexperienced RB that Indy discarded named Colt Simpson. "No offense O.J.".....

Wasn't there a free agent offensive tackle available not too long ago....Levi Jones or something like that? So instead

Then didn't we just pick up a RB named Mendenhall? Well, yeah I know we did...but isn't the other one the one that

I also know we picked up some hall of famers! Well actually their college players that went undrafted, but the Bills have

high hopes for some of them. At least their optimistic! Yeah, but the names sure are iconic football names from the past:

So after this big splash in free agency and the draft what are your feelings on how much we improved, regressed, or stayed the same????

To me, I like as Robert Frost put it "The Road not taken", but I like that road better than the road we took !!! It's also so ironic that the best player that this franchise has selected in the past five years is at a position that we didn't really need

Just remember, praise their selections if you want..but mark my work when we struggle this year...we're all going to say..boy they lost some close games...if we just had a better QB and better blocking for the QB we would've won 8 or 9 games at least.

Unfortunately, the sad reality is that when it's all said and done and everyone has spoken their piece...and Donte predicts the playoffs again, and Chan Gailey talks about turning it around like the Dolphins and Jets did...We're still going to be

5 wins and 11 losses until we ADDRESS OUR NEEDS with big boy college players that played against top competition. This little tweener team of little guys from little colleges that can play more than one position including special teams like Spiller..is not what I want my team to be like....You don't see Pittsburgh or Baltimore get manhandled, and you see that quality teams like N.ENG and Indy have the skill positon guys which you need...The Brady's, Moss's, etc....Who do we really have at WR for sure besides Lee Evans?????? Parrish?? yeah right, Hardy? Hardly....Easley? It won't be Easy for the rook! Stevie (I wonder) Johnson? Not so far? Who??? Maybe, we should get the old but better than anything we have on our roster Marvin Harrison if he's not back with Indy!

Core players?? Pozluzny...no Pozinjury is out more than in! Schoebel? Just sold his house! Sounds like that ship has sailed!

Byrd (break...smile..2 more years GONE!) to highest bidder! u say no???? Hmmmm...Pat Williams, Nate Clements, Antwoine Winfield, Sam Cowhart, Jabari Greer, that Leonhart guy whose quite good!....etc....

It starts at the top..and as long as they hire coaches and staff on the cheap and avoid QB's in the first two rounds...they won't ever make it back to the playoffs! I see people predicting great things...that they are building towards..but it's all a

facade. Even when they bring a player along like Peters, they repeatedly have shown that they are not willing to pay what it takes to keep him. That is a fact and history continually repeats itself. The top teams keep most of their superstars..Indy will retire a Colt and Brady will spend several years on the Patriots unless he gets plagued by injuries. Good teams keep their stars, the Bills like the Bisons is a good place to watch some young players develop and if they become a desirable

player move on to a "real" NFL Franchise!!!! I hate to say all this, but it's the way it is and I'm a diehard supporter of da

Bills regardless of the product they put on the field every year. But, I'm not going to call a pile of sh*t a pile of Gold !!!!! :thumbsup:

Fixed.

(Usually I have to read the back of a cereal box for such profound musings.)

Such original thought...(I hate our draft picks...blah blah blah...our front office is stupid...blah blah blah...I like Robert Frost...blah blah blah...I can even quote a line from the one poem I've read...blah blah blah...the Bills will fail miserably...blah blah blah...I'm a diehard Bills fan...blah blah blah...the Bills suck...etc., etc., etc.).

In the future, please refrain from trying to seem profound (you're not) or, better yet, from speaking entirely...

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

IN CHAN WE TRUST!!!!! :thumbsup:

The sky is falling. We suck. We will always suck. The front office sucks. The players suck. The city sucks. We should have drafted every player we didn't draft. We should have signed every free agent that we didn't sign. Blah, blah, blah, blah f***ing blah.

...that's OK, most of the readers out here hated you saying it more. Your humor was way too odd, but your take on the Bills was not bad.

The stupidest comment from OBD this off season has been Chan bragging how this team can make a quick turn around much like the Dolphins from a couple of seasons ago. Stupid, or just egotistical, take you pick, but Gailey and his staff seem to think they can take their "system" of training and coaching and turn any team around into a winner, while they don't bring in any real new talent at all. Here's one slight difference between those Dolphins and these Bills...Miami brought in experienced Chad Pennington to run the offense, while Gailey thinks he can convert on of his hold over QB's into a field general as good as Pennington was that season for Miami. Good luck, Gailey on that one.

I'm not sure about you, but I'd say that guys like Dwan Edwards, Andra Davis, and CJ Spiller qualify as new talent. Also, the reasons Miami went out and got Chad Pennington were because (1) he was available (but not until a week before the regular season mind you), and (2) they were coming into the season with Cleo Lemon and John Beck on the roster. The reasons Buffalo hasn't done the same are (1) there's no Chad Pennington available this year (unless you count a guy like Marc Bulger, who hasn't had a sniff in free agency) and (2) they clearly want to see what Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm can do in the new offensive system before they invest in a new QB. I'm sorry, but the two are completely different situations.

Now Pennington might have fallen down the depth chart in Miami because of his weak arm and injury problems, but he had one hell of a great year two seasons ago, and the Dolphins took advantage of a brand new "scheme" with that Wild Cat look. Not to mention the fact they started the number one pick in the entire draft at LT, while the Bills didn't invest in a LT unitl the 4th round themselves this year. So in reality, I cannot imagine a Miami like turn around for the Bills this season, despite the fact Ralph is "paying millions to the experts to build his team."

Again, who did you want them to sign? Bulger? Culpepper? Charlie Batch? That guy's not out there...

There are more things wrong with our team than right. I hate to admit that, but's it's true. However, a few things right with this team are as follows: Chan Gailey, Fred Jackson, Moorman, the Byrd man, & Spiller. There are more good things I can think of, but those few names came to mind as people with upside in our organization.

Gailey and Spiller are "right with this team"? What-T-F have they done? The original post is mostly negative-true, but what reason does any Bills fan have to be positive about? 10 years no playoffs, another odd draft where needs are not addressed, games played out of country, quarterbacks who all suck. I am a die-hard Bills loving fan but until they win they deserve all the crap people write about them. For too many of you the truth hurts!

Please go drink bleach or become a Pats fan (or chose from any other team), the Bills don't need or want you

Waaaaaaaaaaa, the Bills didn't sign some big name guys and didn't draft guys I have heard of and ESPN or some other draft magazine/website told me were good. They should just call their season off, why bother playing?

Well with our well water we already add bleach prior to the system that we have that purifies our water...and our water is cleaner and more pure than municipal water or bottled water so I'm not as dillusional as you must be drinking your tainted water. 2011 Season you will get your wish more than likely as there probably won't be a season. Other than that what I stated is just the sad realities of the Bills. I am just a realist that won't put the blinders on just because I love the Bills.

It is what it is! Until there is a change in philosophy beginning with ownership we will likely remain a bottom 10 team! If you feel differently, good for you..eternal optimism is a good quality even when the situation dictates the opposite emotion.

:thumbsup:

Please go drink bleach or become a Pats fan (or chose from any other team), the Bills don't need or want you

Waaaaaaaaaaa, the Bills didn't sign some big name guys and didn't draft guys I have heard of and ESPN or some other draft magazine/website told me were good. They should just call their season off, why bother playing?

Well with our well water we already add bleach prior to the system that we have that purifies our water...and our water is cleaner and more pure than municipal water or bottled water so I'm not as dillusional as you must be drinking your tainted water. 2011 Season you will get your wish more than likely as there probably won't be a season. Other than that what I stated is just the sad realities of the Bills. I am just a realist that won't put the blinders on just because I love the Bills.

It is what it is! Until there is a change in philosophy beginning with ownership we will likely remain a bottom 10 team! If you feel differently, good for you..eternal optimism is a good quality even when the situation dictates the opposite emotion.

:thumbsup:

He's a Colt named Simpson, not Colt Simpson. His name is Chad.

[/quote

Super Bowl bound now!!!! yeah...Chad Simpson/Whew, my bad....now I feel better about our situation. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I am dubious of any post quoting a poet. :thumbsup:

Too long and boring to read! Better luck next time!

Gailey and Spiller are "right with this team"? What-T-F have they done? The original post is mostly negative-true, but what reason does any Bills fan have to be positive about? 10 years no playoffs, another odd draft where needs are not addressed, games played out of country, quarterbacks who all suck. I am a die-hard Bills loving fan but until they win they deserve all the crap people write about them. For too many of you the truth hurts!

So Troupe, Wang, and the 7 other players did not address Needs....

Round Pick Player Position

1 9 (9) Spiller, C.J. RB - Home Run Hitter on offense Bills have desperately needed

2 9 (41) Troup, Torell DT - BIG DT to anchor our D-line whos work ethic and understanding of the game and his position are highly reguarded

3 8 (72) Carrington, Alex DE - Freakish athleticism, needs at LB/DE

4 9 (107) Easley, Marcus WR - still an unknown but we need recievers

5 9 (140) Wang, Ed OT - Amazing story and work ethic, has all the intangibles but is a little rough around the edges

6 9 (178) Moats, Arthur DE - see Carrington, Alex

6 23 (192) Batten, Danny DE - see Carrington, Alex

(From Eagles)

7 2 (209) Brown, Levi QB - Hes one bad mama jama, was rated 6 best QB in draft steal in the 7th round

(From Lions)

7 9 (216) Calloway, Kyle OT - An unknown but adds OL depth.

SO tell me again, we did not address needs in the draft how, because your draft board was not selected? :thumbsup:

Isn't it ironic

...that you quote the Frost poem, yet advocate for the exact opposite of what it's point was---that following your own path/doing things the unconventional way is more rewarding than following the herd and, to paraphrase many TSW posters, "Hey, I've heard of him...we should have signed [insert name]..."

A bit on the negative side but there is a lot of truth in your statements as I have sited in defense of Peters and his hold out. Buffalo doesn't pay for good talent!!! What we DO do is overpay for mediocre to above average talent. We have a bunch of high motor sometimes try hard guys that can't make a difference. We also poorly coach that talent because we won't pay for great coaches and give them the players that they want/need. Maybe we'll get lucky this time around. Hopefully it won't just be more of the same. My shred of hope for this season is that we won't be mind numbingly boring, ineffective and conservative on offense. A good sign is that our first pick is indeed a PLAYMAKER and that is what Nix and Gailey want/need to implement their plan.

...that you quote the Frost poem, yet advocate for the exact opposite of what it's point was---that following your own path/doing things the unconventional way is more rewarding than following the herd and, to paraphrase many TSW posters, "Hey, I've heard of him...we should have signed [insert name]..."

What do you expect from this clown. He likes to bash people for writing long posts, then expects everyone else to read his long posts.

lamely

Main Entry: 1lame

Pronunciation: \ˈlām\

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): lam·er; lam·est

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lama; akin to Old High German lam lame, Lithuanian limti to break down

Date: before 12th century

1 a : having a body part and especially a limb so disabled as to impair freedom of movement b : marked by stiffness and soreness <a lame shoulder>

2 : lacking needful or desirable substance : weak, ineffectual <a lame excuse>

3 slang : not being in the know : square

4 a : inferior <a lame school> b : contemptible, nasty <lame racist jokes>

— lame·ly adverb

— lame·ness noun

+1

FYI, your signiture blows.

You just topped me and my original post...lol...and I agree w/everything you have said. Look people, it's not that I wanted

the past decade to work out as it has, but you have people out there practically denying it was that ugly! If it's been ugly

what drastic changes have been made for us to believe that it's going to be any different? Has-been retread coaches from Georgia Techwho have been on their couches for a couple of seasons!, and coaches who have mostly advanced one coaching position like C. Modkins O Coordinator w/out any experience as a O/C ! At least Vav Pelt had some NFL experience. Oh, but Chan Gailey will make all the O Calls until he feels Modkins is ready! So we have an O/C Apprentice? and that should sit well with me? You have to like Chris Ellis DE right? K. Mitchell...just where has he been? Paul PozInjury you make me pozitive w/your team spirited lip service! Hardy has Hardly been on the field, C. Kelsay was released wasn't he, Schobel just sold his house, Lynch may not show? and if he does is that a good thing? One of the bloggers named 4 or 5 of our better players including Moorman! He is good granted, but if you have to make your point of optimism with the punter as part of your argument, then u have made my case! I would love to have u in court as the defense attorney!...lol

I could go on..but it's unnecessary...right now high expectations are unwarranted regarding the Bills. Believing the Bills are

on the right track is believing that you can build a castle without the right tools! I think we'll end up with a shoddy shed

that leaks and we dress it up with a shiny new mailbox to portray hope!( SPILLER!). Last year we planted a tree (T.O. to sell some tickets...), but the tree didn't really take root as there wasn't enough nutrients in soil around it, so the tree has been re-planted somewhere else. Just a couple of quick analogies, but u get the point!!

Please someone...give me legitimate reasons why we will win 8 games or more this year without sidestepping the question

because I'd love to bill'eave this year as well, but I like to base my feelings on reality..rather than some idiot telling me to drink bleach....and then go on about Brian Moorman...who I like as well...but that's a sorry reason to bill'eave in the upcoming season.....What do u think?

You just topped me and my original post...lol...and I agree w/everything you have said. Look people, it's not that I wanted

the past decade to work out as it has, but you have people out there practically denying it was that ugly! If it's been ugly

what drastic changes have been made for us to believe that it's going to be any different? Has-been retread coaches from Georgia Techwho have been on their couches for a couple of seasons!, and coaches who have mostly advanced one coaching position like C. Modkins O Coordinator w/out any experience as a O/C ! At least Vav Pelt had some NFL experience. Oh, but Chan Gailey will make all the O Calls until he feels Modkins is ready! So we have an O/C Apprentice? and that should sit well with me? You have to like Chris Ellis DE right? K. Mitchell...just where has he been? Paul PozInjury you make me pozitive w/your team spirited lip service! Hardy has Hardly been on the field, C. Kelsay was released wasn't he, Schobel just sold his house, Lynch may not show? and if he does is that a good thing? One of the bloggers named 4 or 5 of our better players including Moorman! He is good granted, but if you have to make your point of optimism with the punter as part of your argument, then u have made my case! I would love to have u in court as the defense attorney!...lol

I could go on..but it's unnecessary...right now high expectations are unwarranted regarding the Bills. Believing the Bills are

on the right track is believing that you can build a castle without the right tools! I think we'll end up with a shoddy shed

that leaks and we dress it up with a shiny new mailbox to portray hope!( SPILLER!). Last year we planted a tree (T.O. to sell some tickets...), but the tree didn't really take root as there wasn't enough nutrients in soil around it, so the tree has been re-planted somewhere else. Just a couple of quick analogies, but u get the point!!

Please someone...give me legitimate reasons why we will win 8 games or more this year without sidestepping the question

because I'd love to bill'eave this year as well, but I like to base my feelings on reality..rather than some idiot telling me to drink bleach....and then go on about Brian Moorman...who I like as well...but that's a sorry reason to bill'eave in the upcoming season.....What do u think?

I skipped the first paragraph and read your question in the 2nd paragraph. I personally don't think we'll win 8 games this year. But I think they had a good draft (although it's absolutely impossible to know right now), and they're moving in the right direction. That said ... they play the games for a reason. If they didn't, we'd just fast forward through 17 weeks, and make the Colts and the Saints the teams with the 2 best records, blah, blah, blah. The games are decided on the field; not on paper. Injuries happen; attitudes happen; flukes happen. Buffalo has just as much a shot of going to the playoffs as every other team in the league. And because I'm a Bills fan ... yes, I believe it CAN happen. And if you, or anyone else, wants to chastise me for hoping they'll do well, and believing they can do well ... go for it. I'll still be a fan.

There are more things wrong with our team than right. I hate to admit that, but's it's true. However, a few things right with this team are as follows: Chan Gailey, Fred Jackson, Moorman, the Byrd man, & Spiller. There are more good things I can think of, but those few names came to mind as people with upside in our organization.

Gailey hasn't coached a game yet for the Bills, SpILLER Hasn't played a down, Moorman is a punter which is a bad sign if u make a case w/a punter! Which leaves u with F. Jackson who the Bills thought enough of to use their 1st pick in the NFL Draft on a RB...WHICH DOES'T seem like a vote of confidence to me, or anything I would base my optimism on if I were you!

So tell me again exactly what is right? Aaron maybe Maybin I suppose when Modrak who is still here said no thank you to Bryan Orakapo DE who is awesome!!!! The Road not taken strikes again!!!! :doh: