Schobel sells Buffalo Home

the sale of the home is news, i guess. the fact that his house was for sale was not.

he told the AP in a story published in March that his home was up for sale because he was permanently relocating his family to Texas. should he elect to play this season, he would rent.

jw

the sale of the home is news, i guess. the fact that his house was for sale was not.

he told the AP in a story published in March that his home was up for sale because he was permanently relocating his family to Texas. should he elect to play this season, he would rent.

jw

Is Lynch's home for sale?

jw

Exactly. As for as the poster saying it makes our defense weaker I disagree. We got OLB's out the wazoo now that just need to play. We drafted DL for this system as well.

There is no guarantee Schobel would have made the transition to a standup OLB anyway. But if he comes back, let him compete with the other guys and see what happens.

With Schobel it comes down to three things I believe.

1) Being with his family and not have to uproot them.

2) Playing on a team that actually has a good shot of going deep in the playoffs.

3) Does he believe he can compete and contribute at a level he can live with.

Based on comments he's made in the past couple of years, I'd be extremely surprised if he doesn't retire.

The only thing that I see being a little in his favor is that the Bills play all 1pm games, which means he would be home for dinner every Monday night and fly back to Buffalo on Tuesday night in time for Wed. practice.

Let's see if maybe Houston or Dallas is interested in him at all. Sounds like he would like that better, and he deserves what he wants at this point. He has never said anything to make anyone dislike him and I think we should look into anything that would make him happier.

Let's see if maybe Houston or Dallas is interested in him at all. Sounds like he would like that better, and he deserves what he wants at this point. He has never said anything to make anyone dislike him and I think we should look into anything that would make him happier.

Unless Schobel was lying or has changed his mind, this won't happen.

Schobel stated early in the off-season in no uncertain terms that he would either play for the Bills, or that he would retire. He said at the time that he has no interest in playing for another team.

We'll see what happens.

per Tim Graham article on ESPN. However, Graham got the info from Bills Daily

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/05/...hard-park-home/

didnt see it posted.

If this is indeed true, our defense just got weaker. Even if your a schobel hater. This hurts

Schobel is WASHED UP and will NOT fit in a 3-4 defense. COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares about him. Time to MOVE ON!!!!!!!!

It's all about the restaurant.

Maybe he sees himself more as a restaurant owner than a football player.

I'm not passing judgment on that as him as a person.. that is great if food service floats his boat.

But I hope he doesn't "go through the motions" of another season of Bills football if his heart is in food service Texas. The coaches will sense that.. and appropriately cut him, I'm sure.

Disregard my previous post. CUT HIM NOW. I read the menu. The menu lists beef liver as a "Family Favorite." Now THAT is SICK and disgusting.

Hit a pedestrian on Chippewa Street, that is one thing other players do and get away with... but to suggest Beef Liver is a "Family Favorite" just shows a demented mind which must be addressed :thumbsup:

Unless Schobel was lying or has changed his mind, this won't happen.

Schobel stated early in the off-season in no uncertain terms that he would either play for the Bills, or that he would retire. He said at the time that he has no interest in playing for another team.

We'll see what happens.

True. I guess it wouldn't hurt to float the option out there to Schobel.

Exactly. As for as the poster saying it makes our defense weaker I disagree. We got OLB's out the wazoo now that just need to play. We drafted DL for this system as well.

There is no guarantee Schobel would have made the transition to a standup OLB anyway. But if he comes back, let him compete with the other guys and see what happens.

OLB's out the wazoo? By that logic we are set at the QB position too. :thumbsup:

If I we're Nix I would offer Schobel to the Saints for Jamal Brown straight up. With the departure of DE Charles Grant the N.O Saints get a pass rushing DE it sorely lacks whom is one of the best in the NFL, Schobel gets to play real close to home and play with not just any winning team but the SB Champs, and we get our LT. Both players currently have pretty much the same trade value. Thers's also the Greg Williams factor. Everybody's happy.

Losing Schobel will not be weaken the Bills D because we already have a surplus of talent at OLB. This is a case of addition by subtraction. Get er done!

Someone once said that if you contemplating retirement you are already retired. I think Schobel has mentally quit already and he is just waiting to finalize his retirement.

The only thing that might possibly change his mind is a direct personal plea from Gailey. I think this is very unlikely.

Time to move on. The Bills accomplished NOTHING with him so how big could the loss be?

I think the biggest facor for Schobel is leaving $7M on the table. He has built a reputation as somewhat of a tightwad, so I can see him showing up to collect it. That puts the Bills in a bad position, since I don't think after playing DE his whole career he makes the transition to standing up, but we're on the hook. Not sure what the financials are if we cut him during training camp though. I think the FO prefers he just retires.

jw

Schobel is WASHED UP and will NOT fit in a 3-4 defense. COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares about him. Time to MOVE ON!!!!!!!!

Why didn't you watch any Bills games last year?

Our defense is worse than I thought if our absolute best defensive player is washed up? Doesn't say much for the rest of the team now does it.

when we went from a 3-4 to a 4-3 under Gregg-o Phil Hansen retired. I would not be surprised to see our best defensive lineman in a 4-3 retire rather than play linebacker in a 3-4. Should have seen that coming. Hell we have so many all-pro players we can afford to lose one for the sake of implementing a new defensive scheme without the appropriate personnel. I can't believe no one saw this coming.

Maybe he sees himself more as a restaurant owner than a football player.

I'm not passing judgment on that as him as a person.. that is great if food service floats his boat.

But I hope he doesn't "go through the motions" of another season of Bills football if his heart is in food service Texas. The coaches will sense that.. and appropriately cut him, I'm sure.

You know, I ate there before (New Braunfels location)...I didn't realize it was owned by Aarons' family...is it?

It was pretty good, as I recall.

You know, I ate there before (New Braunfels location)...I didn't realize it was owned by Aarons' family...is it?

It was pretty good, as I recall.

Years of eating at Schobels has created 3 NFL football players. Aaron Schobel of the Buffalo Bills, Matt Schobel of the Philadelphia Eagles, and Bo Schobel of the Indianapolis Colts. They still come home whenever possible and during off-season and enjoy the meals they have for years.

http://www.schobelsrestaurant.com/Schobels...urant/about.htm

Darth, would you please just calm…oh sorry. Never mind.

:thumbsup: lmao!

OLB's out the wazoo? By that logic we are set at the QB position too. :D

It may be a first, but I actually agree with you. it's possible that the linebackers might work out, but we definitely aren't ALL set.

If I we're Nix I would offer Schobel to the Saints for Jamal Brown straight up. With the departure of DE Charles Grant the N.O Saints get a pass rushing DE it sorely lacks whom is one of the best in the NFL, Schobel gets to play real close to home and play with not just any winning team but the SB Champs, and we get our LT. Both players currently have pretty much the same trade value. Thers's also the Greg Williams factor. Everybody's happy.

Losing Schobel will not be weaken the Bills D because we already have a surplus of talent at OLB. This is a case of addition by subtraction. Get er done!

what part of "schobel will retire or will only play for the bills" do you not understand. It has been widely reported that he does not want to play for another team.

I think the biggest facor for Schobel is leaving $7M on the table. He has built a reputation as somewhat of a tightwad, so I can see him showing up to collect it. That puts the Bills in a bad position, since I don't think after playing DE his whole career he makes the transition to standing up, but we're on the hook. Not sure what the financials are if we cut him during training camp though. I think the FO prefers he just retires.

A "tightwad" ?? where the hell did you hear this? That's news to me. name your source. sounds like made up BS to me.

How about Schobel and a 3rd for Gaither...We land a possible franchise LT , Baltimore adds a stud veteran pass rusher and a pick , and Schobel gets to play for a contender

see 2 paragraphs above!