Help me out.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All very good. Looks like you took it right from my iPod. :thumbsup:

2am by Slightly Stoopid is the definition of a chill song. It's a must for a summer day with a couple brews.

Here's my suggestions:

Rusted Root- Send Me On My Way

O.A.R.- Black Rock

Led Zeppelin- D'yer Mak'er

Jack Johnson, Taylor, Flake, Rodeo Clowns (w/ G. Love), Sleep Through the Static

Hepcat- No Worries

G. Love- anything from Superhero Brother

Donavon Frankenreiter- Free

Dispatch- Passerby

Dave Matthews Band- Two Step, Bartender, Grey Street

Big D and the Kids Table- Shining On, Chicago, How It Goes

Bedouin Soundclash- Walls Fall Down

The Slackers- Every Day is Sunday

State Radio- Right Me Up

Sublime- Carress Me Down, Waiting For My Ruca

Ziggy Marley- Dragonfly, Looking

311- Love Song (cover)

Man, I love these type of subjects. Good topic! :thumbsup:

I'm going to use 4 from your list: Black Rock, Free, How It Goes, and Love Song (311). I considered going with the original from The Cure, but I like the updated sound better.

Keep 'em coming...

It may not be the most well known music, but I enjoy it and most of it is pretty chill.

Good stuff, most of it had a reggae feel to it. Some of it seemed to be "college bands", but this is the type of thing I'm looking for, music that I'm not familiar with.

Good stuff, most of it had a reggae feel to it. Some of it seemed to be "college bands", but this is the type of thing I'm looking for, music that I'm not familiar with.

Haha good call, I am in fact in college. I'll try to come up with some more later on. Enjoy.

Love Surfer Blood!!!!

Surfer Blood -- "Harmonix"

Bear in Heaven -- ""Lovesick Teenagers"

Jane Birkin -- "Periode Bleue"

Massive Attack -- "Saturday Come Slow"

Spirit -- "Mechanical World"

Broken Bells -- "The Mall and Misery"

more reggae stuff would be john browns body...very good stuff

I'm glad to see my two favorite bands (311 and Sublime) represented here. A couple more from these excellent musicians are:

Sometimes Jacks Rule the Realm - 311

Badfish - Sublime

Some other suggestions:

Here's to the Night - Eve6

Memphis Soul Song - Uncle Kracker

Dirty Heads "Lay Me Down" has been getting alot of play in my car lately,

Anything off of Jack Johnson's albums is perfect for relaxing, especially if kids are around you dont have to worry about a random "f-bomb"

Matt Costa "Astair"

Matt Nathanson " Car Crash" or "Come on get Higher"

Pepper is another great sublime like band from hawaii, and is always a good summertime mix

those are the few that come to mind first for me

Thank you. They keep coming up on the Adult Alternative channel on my Time Warner cable Music Choice channel.

Yeah, that was a bad ass performance. I just got a chance to sit down at the computer, but I've found a lot of great songs. I really liked Cath - by Death Cab For Cutie. I still have to take the time to look through the posts made after Friday afternoon. I'm definitely going to have some great new chill music to enjoy though.

So I have the pool up and running and we have the coldest day in 5 weeks, high of 69. :thumbsup:

Cannibal Corpse - I will Kill You

I find it to be very soothing and relaxing, especially after dealing with an "idiot" during the day.

Damn you ya took my joke! I was going to say Slayer - God Hates Us All