Bills "Nixed" Seattle Offer

The NT was rated lower, but seems to have some promise as all rookies do. OTOH, the LT is a project player a few years removed from playing TE. He is a project player despite all the puff pieces written on the bills website. If we rely on these project types to man the blindside it's madness repeated.

Buffalo conducts their rebuilds in direct contrast to what successful rebuilders like Parcells do: draft lineman, then focus on the non-dull players that Ralph craves. Miami completed their rebuild, while Buffalo will be doing this for the next two years beyond 2010.

[/]

if memory serves, and I know at my age it can be a problem, miami made the playoffs two years ago with a weak schedule and a savvy if not strong-armed QB. Then missed the playoffs last year with a weak defense, "weak" QB, injured premier RB, and tougher schedule. This year the D doesn't appear to have been significantly improved, their O backfield will be manned by the same QB, a damaged RB, and an aging RB. Yes, I would say their rebuilding is complete. :worthy:

My prediction their record this year 8-8 no playoffs.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard today from a former NFL quarterback that the Seahawks wanted to trade for Marshawn Lynch and our 1st round draft pick but Bills "Nixed" it. Not sure what they offerred, but the way to "Build through the draft" is to stockpile picks.

IMO, if the Bills had kept trading down we could have had Claussen, Cody or Williams at NT, as well as a LT instead of Spiller and Troup.

I think that most people would have graded that draft an A versus the C that most gave the Bills.

They passed on Clausen, they passed on Cody, they passed on a plethora of different LT's. Even if they traded Lynch to the Seahawks...what would have changed? They may have taken a top LT instead of Spiller, and then what? No Lynch to run behind the line? We rely on the passing of Edwards? I don't get it. I think they did fine with what they had.

I heard today from a former NFL quarterback that the Seahawks wanted to trade for Marshawn Lynch and our 1st round draft pick but Bills "Nixed" it. Not sure what they offerred, but the way to "Build through the draft" is to stockpile picks.

IMO, if the Bills had kept trading down we could have had Claussen, Cody or Williams at NT, as well as a LT instead of Spiller and Troup.

I think that most people would have graded that draft an A versus the C that most gave the Bills.

Most people are not very smart. The smartest people in the world have little in common with MOST PEOPLE. That's what makes them exceptional.

You can trade down into oblivion son, think of Spiller as a "playmaker" not a running back. Obviously the brass did not want Clausen at any price. What is more important to you, an atta boy from the talking heads or a sure fire difference maker this year? CJ is about as close to a fool-proof year one contributor as any prospect in the draft. How much of a difference maker is Bradford going to be this year? Dez Bryant? You say you want LT II type of guy in his prime lining up for you this year on your beloved Buffalo Bills? Bingo. Done.

Great post, made greater by your Black Sea avatar. It's not often you encounter a fellow XTC fan. Best songwriters to never make any money. Ever.

if memory serves, and I know at my age it can be a problem, miami made the playoffs two years ago with a weak schedule and a savvy if not strong-armed QB. Then missed the playoffs last year with a weak defense, "weak" QB, injured premier RB, and tougher schedule. This year the D doesn't appear to have been significantly improved, their O backfield will be manned by the same QB, a damaged RB, and an aging RB. Yes, I would say their rebuilding is complete. :worthy:

My prediction their record this year 8-8 no playoffs.

1-15 in 07 to 11-5 in 08 to 7-9 in 09. In two seasons and three off-seasons, MIA will contend for the AFCE title in 2010. If the Bills are at the level MIA is now at after 32 games and three off-seasons, we'll all be ecstatic.

I don't bet against Parcells led teams, which typically physical teams. BTW, Tony Sparano's career record from 08-09 is the same as Gailey's in Dallas from 98-99. You'll recall Chan had a declining dynasty while TS inherited that rebuilding team.

I "heard" today.....

shhhh

So, we would have had an overwieght and unmotivated NT, a prima donna QB who is rumored to already pissed his teammates off, and just 1 30 year old RB instead of the best offensive player in the draft, one of the best RB corps in the league (if not the best) and the perfect NT for our system...

ROFLMAO on how that takes us to an "A" instead of a "C"

Please do not call our RB corp the best of anything. Your remark reminds me of those idiots that proclaimed our WRs the best in the league prior to a game being played last year. Our RBs and running game are marginal until they can show they can close out and win a tough game when we are behind. I have not seen that happen in years. Just because our RBs and DBs are the only solid part of this team it does not mean they are anywhere near the best in the league. They are just the better parts of a sordid, pathetic team. Take off the rose colored glasses and get ef'in real. Freddy is capable but ranks around 20 to 25th among starting backs. Lynch is a punk that quit last year and quit again this off season. Yet you call him part of the best RB backfields? Spiller has never carried the ball, he could easily be like Reggie Bush who takes three years to develop and still isn't a starter. I am so sick of you guys who think the Bills make the playoffs by only looking at the players on the Bills and completely forget that the other teams (1) ended the season with better teams than ours (2) signed more and better FAs ( 3) had drafts that addressed immediate team needs (4) have better coaching (5) have franchise QBs and (6) are not making wholesale changes to their teams and schemes. Yet in spite of all that we must be better than they are because we did not follow the logic of solidifying our offensive line and / or getting a franchise QB.

The Buffalo Bills are void of top end talent. This makes it difficult to build a team because there aren't cornerstone players to build around on either side of the ball. That began to change with drafting Spiller.

If he's in the backfield, or in motion, or about to receive a punt, as an opposing defense you best keep your eye on Spiller.

If Edwards ends up being the starting QB, defenses will know there's a big difference between checking down to Jackson vs. Spiller. Spiller will command that attention and create opportunities by drawing attention from the LB or Safety.

I love having the most talented offensive player on our team at pick 9.

1-15 in 07 to 11-5 in 08 to 7-9 in 09. In two seasons and three off-seasons, MIA will contend for the AFCE title in 2010. If the Bills are at the level MIA is now at after 32 games and three off-seasons, we'll all be ecstatic.

I don't bet against Parcells led teams, which typically physical teams. BTW, Tony Sparano's career record from 08-09 is the same as Gailey's in Dallas from 98-99. You'll recall Chan had a declining dynasty while TS inherited that rebuilding team.

Geez then go follow your hero. Parcells has done Jack since the Giants and Miami isn't going to contend for squat in 2010. Top it off we'll take a game from them while we rebuild the "Buddy" way!

The NT was rated lower, but seems to have some promise as all rookies do. OTOH, the LT is a project player a few years removed from playing TE. He is a project player despite all the puff pieces written on the bills website. If we rely on these project types to man the blindside it's madness repeated.

Buffalo conducts their rebuilds in direct contrast to what successful rebuilders like Parcells do: draft lineman, then focus on the non-dull players that Ralph craves. Miami completed their rebuild, while Buffalo will be doing this for the next two years beyond 2010.

Jason Peters was an undrafted project player who had NEVER played LT. Not that Wang will work out, but he's closer to a starting LT than Peters was when the Bills signed him. I'm just saying.

Any lineman the Bills could have drafted at #9 would have been a reach So I guess you wanted them to trade down? I'm not convinced that would have resulted in a better draft.

We'll have to wait and see how it works out.

I would have been happy with the bills giving up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th and next years 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th for the first over-all pick in the draft. If we had that pick we could have drafted Clausen.

I would have been happy with the bills giving up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th and next years 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th for the first over-all pick in the draft. If we had that pick we could have drafted Clausen.

:worthy:

Or they could have been packaging their lower first with their low second from the chargers for #9 and Lynch.

That would have made Lynch worth a late 4th rounder. Pass.

And feeling better about what the "experts" say is a reason to do things? I could care less if said "experts" gave us an F. We started to build the foundation of the team for once, picking quality, hard working players who love the game of football. Mel Kiper's opinion doesn't put "W's" up.....youtube the Jemarcus Russel pick...I thought Kiper was gonna cream his pants he was so high on him...how'd that work out?

It was a solid draft...well played Buddy, well played.

Well said!!! Far too much focus on this site about what the "experts" say... very few of them really look at any of the teams in any real depth. Most just quickly gloss over the 'need' areas and don't provide any true insight. I thought the best draft analysis provided on the Bills was by Corey Chavous on NFL Network. Very good insight. The rest of the analysts... pfft.

And feeling better about what the "experts" say is a reason to do things? I could care less if said "experts" gave us an F. We started to build the foundation of the team for once, picking quality, hard working players who love the game of football. Mel Kiper's opinion doesn't put "W's" up.....youtube the Jemarcus Russel pick...I thought Kiper was gonna cream his pants he was so high on him...how'd that work out?

It was a solid draft...well played Buddy, well played.

Well said!!! Far too much focus on this site about what the "experts" say... very few of them really look at any of the teams in any real depth. Most just quickly gloss over the 'need' areas and don't provide any true insight. I thought the best draft analysis provided on the Bills was by Corey Chavous on NFL Network. Very good insight. The rest of the analysts... pfft.

1-15, to a division championship at 11-5, to a 7-9 under-whelming performance where they split with the struggling team from Orchard Park. You see with clarity the obvious point that Miami has arrived?

I dunno, you could argue they underperformed last year. Or over-performed the year before that.

Great post, made greater by your Black Sea avatar. It's not often you encounter a fellow XTC fan. Best songwriters to never make any money. Ever.

Hey Thanks! But where were you back when they were ripping me a new one over on the "off the wall" forum??????????? :thumbsup:

I tried to explain that XTC were not just another "new wave band" and they went insane on me...as if I had a Flock of Seagulls avatar or something! :worthy:

Please do not call our RB corp the best of anything. Your remark reminds me of those idiots that proclaimed our WRs the best in the league prior to a game being played last year. Our RBs and running game are marginal until they can show they can close out and win a tough game when we are behind. I have not seen that happen in years. Just because our RBs and DBs are the only solid part of this team it does not mean they are anywhere near the best in the league. They are just the better parts of a sordid, pathetic team. Take off the rose colored glasses and get ef'in real. Freddy is capable but ranks around 20 to 25th among starting backs. Lynch is a punk that quit last year and quit again this off season. Yet you call him part of the best RB backfields? Spiller has never carried the ball, he could easily be like Reggie Bush who takes three years to develop and still isn't a starter. I am so sick of you guys who think the Bills make the playoffs by only looking at the players on the Bills and completely forget that the other teams (1) ended the season with better teams than ours (2) signed more and better FAs ( 3) had drafts that addressed immediate team needs (4) have better coaching (5) have franchise QBs and (6) are not making wholesale changes to their teams and schemes. Yet in spite of all that we must be better than they are because we did not follow the logic of solidifying our offensive line and / or getting a franchise QB.

Can you explain the bolded part a little better? Because it sounds like you're saying our running attack is MARGINAL because they don't close games and/or win games for us when we're behind.

Actually nevermind, your entire rant is all opinion based, so now I know why it doesn't make sense. Carry on....