Thanks Leonidas

:w00t:

You want childishness? No one's even brought up the role of the apology in all this. :w00t:

The bottom line is that in any community most of the members will occasionally have moments of pure, idiotic, boorish behavior. And a small set of the members (say on the order of 5%) will simply be idiotic, boorish !@#$wits. That's just life. Having such behavior inflicted on oneself is, unfortunately, unavoidable. The solution isn't to discuss decorum, it's to forgive the momentary lapses and beat the living hell (figuratively speaking) out of the !@#$wits until they learn better. But it helps, quite a bit, when the people who momentary lapse actually step up to the plate and say "sorry, my bad".

hmmmm...sounds familiar to me...lol :w00t:

I can attest to this...even some of the better posters have allowed themselves to stoop to the level of the lower quality posters on here and egadge in an on going exchange, myself included. After a while, sometimes the idiotic just start to wear down your patience (southgeorgiabillsfan, billsfan=pain, etc come to mind), especially when it starts to hijack a thread or they start 10 threads to make the same BS point. I have had to own to up to that before and had to issue such an apology. There were a handful of posters that just brought out the worst in me between the garbage they post, constant attacks on posters, or just flat posts of the absurd (mostly during the Trent Edwards is the greatest phase this board went through).

The I think the important thing to remember is if you find yourself engaged with one of the nits on here, that you just keep it to football and the topic. For the most part, if you keep it to football, then the other posters at least can get value out of it and participate in the discussion. And if you do get sucked in, take a step back, own up to it, and move on...

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think a simple reply to that effect could have saved the board all the bandwidth taken up with this page...

...And a simple apology to Tim Grahm and Lori can go a long way as well....

It does not matter if you think you did nothing wrong. You offended him, man up and apologize to him, and Lori for putting them both in spots they do not wish to be in.

Again, tongue-in-cheek. Have you ever had a 10-page thread dedicated to people calling you a douchebag? Probably not...

YOU DOUCHEBAG.......................

Oh, wait, I don't even care if Tim whatever his name is posts here or not.

And the drama continues on a message board about a subpar NFL team.

Do you go to Pizza Hut and complain about the quality of Taco Bell, too?

No, but if I went to Pizza Hut and the pizza sucked I would yell at the cashier or whomever was there. I wouldn't kindly ask for a phone number so I could call the main headquarters in Dallas and tell them their recipe blows. Or maybe I would and B word at them as well.

No, but if I went to Pizza Hut and the pizza sucked I would yell at the cashier or whomever was there. I wouldn't kindly ask for a phone number so I could call the main headquarters in Dallas and tell them their recipe blows. Or maybe I would and B word at them as well.

So you are a douche to restaurant employees too. Figures.

buddy, they're owned by the same company. will you at least own up to not knowing this?

jw

Stay Classy

Cincy? :w00t:

Tells me all I need to know right there.

<ignore>

So then why would you complain to Tim Graham about someone else's work on ESPN?

(Keeping in mind that Pizza Hut and Taco Bell are both Yum Brands, so the analogy is completely valid.)

Is it douchier to yell at a cashier over something they have no control over or to expect a decent pie from Pizza Hut? Is that a thread? I think that can be a thread.

Actually, it does. Makes it an empty and insincere apology.

I've been in situations before, as I'm sure we all have where I felt i did nothing to offend the person, but said person was actually very upset, angry... at what i said.

a simple hey man sorry bout that whole ordeal back there can go a long way.

Suck it up and be the bigger man again, even if you have to "heaven forbid" take a bruise on your internet ego by admitting you were in the wrong.

Do you go to Pizza Hut and complain about the quality of Taco Bell, too?

I hope you're kidding. Are you really that big of a douche? How about asking them to fix the pizza if it's a correctable mistake or just not going there anymore.

Yelling at the cashier?! Seriously?