Thanks Leonidas

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I'm terribly surprised, but I am extremely disappointed. We've been warned and now this is what it's come to?

Thanks Tim (if you ever bother to check the board again), I and many others really appreciate all your insight and you will certainly be missed.

OK, my bad for not coming to the Wall for about a week; What the hell happened?!

That was apparent from your first post, contrary to your hopes of "staying out of it."

well, your reply to what went down lacked any hint of regret or fault on your part.

as a member of this board, i was hoping for more. but i think you're suddenly beginning to learn that being a high-profile poster of this board isn't all that it's cracked up to be when you open yourself up to being criticized.

its a hard lesson to learn, i guess.

jw

well, your reply to what went down lacked any hint of regret or fault on your part.

as a member of this board, i was hoping for more. but i think you're suddenly beginning to learn that being a high-profile poster of this board isn't all that it's cracked up to be when you open yourself up to being criticized.

its a hard lesson to learn, i guess.

jw

Yeah, I'm just dripping with remorse over here. Woe is me...

Less than remorse, understanding would be nice.

You know, so far I've been trying to explain to you why you're a !@#$ing idiot nicely and kindly, without actually calling you a !@#$ing idiot. This is because I thought that maybe you had a momentary lapse of judgement, which you would understand with the fullness of time and, while not be remorseful, maybe be a little less critical. I was wrong. You're just a !@#$ing idiot.

You are a classic narcissist. You're obviously intelligent and well-spoken. The problem is, you simply cannot conceive of a world where the well-being of the group should trump what you view as the principled stand. From your posts, I'm going to guess that you're in your mid-20s, at most, and have just read Atlas Shrugged for the first time. Or something like that. There is a saying in the law: you take your victim as you find him. It's similar to the Eggshell Plaintiff theory. If a guy has a rare bone disorder that you're not aware of, and you punch him in the face and his face completely shatters as a result, you're responsible, whether or not his rare condition was obvious or even foreseeable to you. Similarly, here, whether or not TG is oversensitive - which appears to be your main defense - is beside the point. Assume that he is. You take your Guest Contributing Sportswriter as you find him, and it's not for you to insult him and ruin his contributions to the detriment of the rest of us. This is a community. Whether or not you think you are in the right or that he's more sensitive than the average person/poster, you need to respect everyone else's interests.

That's what you don't get bro, and I think it will be awhile, if ever, before you're properly socialized or matured such that you do begin to grasp this.

well, at least the character you represent went down with far more nobility.

jw

King Leonidas I? I would hope so. Outside of that ****ty comic-book-based movie, his story was fascinating.

Keep it up though, John. You're a national sports writer engaging an anonymous member of a football-based forum in the off-season. You've come a long way from "not wanting to get into it."

OK, my bad for not coming to the Wall for about a week; What the hell happened?!

Some chick came on asking people how to do her homework and then everyone got all indignant and told her to go to Google..... or something like that.

You know, so far I've been trying to explain to you why you're a !@#$ing idiot nicely and kindly, without actually calling you a !@#$ing idiot. This is because I thought that maybe you had a momentary lapse of judgement, which you would understand with the fullness of time and, while not be remorseful, maybe be a little less critical. I was wrong. You're just a !@#$ing idiot.

I'm a !@#$ing idiot too because I think he's spot on.

Think - FANBOYS.

King Leonidas I? I would hope so. Outside of that ****ty comic-book-based movie, his story was fascinating.

Keep it up though, John. You're a national sports writer engaging an anonymous member of a football-based forum in the off-season. You've come a long way from "not wanting to get into it."

i've explained why i got into it. won't hold my breath on you figuring out why.

jw

Some chick came on asking people how to do her homework and then everyone got all indignant and told her to go to Google..... or something like that.

Please tell me you're joking. I don't even mind if it is a dis b/c I'm clueless, please tell me this isn't it.

If it is just sarcasm, great, b/c I'm giggling over here louder, louder...now, I'm laughing.

Just to clarify, personal attacks on me are okay, but registering a complaint about ESPN to one of their sports writers is not? Okay, just checking.

You are a classic narcissist. You're obviously intelligent and well-spoken. The problem is, you simply cannot conceive of a world where the well-being of the group should trump what you view as the principled stand. From your posts, I'm going to guess that you're in your mid-20s, at most, and have just read Atlas Shrugged for the first time. Or something like that. There is a saying in the law: you take your victim as you find him. It's similar to the Eggshell Plaintiff theory. If a guy has a rare bone disorder that you're not aware of, and you punch him in the face and his face completely shatters as a result, you're responsible, whether or not his rare condition was obvious or even foreseeable to you. Similarly, here, whether or not TG is oversensitive - which appears to be your main defense - is beside the point. Assume that he is. You take your Guest Contributing Sportswriter as you find him, and it's not for you to insult him and ruin his contributions to the detriment of the rest of us. This is a community. Whether or not you think you are in the right or that he's more sensitive than the average person/poster, you need to respect everyone else's interests.

That's what you don't get bro, and I think it will be awhile, if ever, before you're properly socialized or matured such that you do begin to grasp this.

Sorry, I don't read Ayn Rand. And the well-being of the group, eh? Okay, let's examine. I've spent the better part of the last month trying to keep people updated with "insider" information by posting relevant things from ESPN Insider that most of you don't have access to. I get nothing, no thanks, or anything. That's fine, really. But then I register a complaint to an ESPN writer who takes it totally to heart like I insulted his kid or something and packs up his things and goes home, and suddenly I'm the bad guy? Give me a !@#$ing break. No, I'm not apologizing. Certainly not at this stage.