Thanks Leonidas

My friggin' god...all the friggin' morons are out here today.

Tell me about it. Is it a full moon tonight or something? :P

After reading this thread, I not only don't blame Tim for leaving, I actively encourage him to stay away. Ye Gods, what a group of spoiled narcissistic children we have here.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear that this is not a joke but...

Why was that poster "pissing" over the memory of TR?

Yeah, I know he was impersonating him, but how is that bad?

He was trying to fill a certain caricature(sp?), and wasn't being overtly offensive.

btw. Russert rules

the poster was being a jerk in flagrant disregard to TOS in a thread about being a jerk in flagrant disregard to TOS. Sometime you have got to use some sense and realize in irony may not read. And people in these parts tend not to really appreciate unrepentant dickishness under the guise of Russert. it would like be coming up with the user handle Jim Kelly is a rapist. it's ironic, because he only raped records.

sometimes you have to just be respectful and understand there is a time and place for everything. The Russert post would work in the context of a thread that reflected the flippancy of ironic caricature. In this context? Not so much.

I haven't seen quite a B word-fest like this since I graduated high school. Glad everyone decided that today was the day to identify all the posters they dislike. I feel left out. Who hates me?

I haven't seen quite a B word-fest like this since I graduated high school. Glad everyone decided that today was the day to identify all the posters they dislike. I feel left out. Who hates me?

If it makes you feel better, I hate everybody.

It's posts like this that really make me have no respect for you.

I'm sure your a nice person, but your attitude on this board really brings things down way more than some of the more colorful posters (darthice)

Brother, let me put this in perspective for you. Leonidas constantly attacks people in his posts. Not in PPP where a lot of us indulge, but on the main board. He is constantly in attack mode and went into Tim's thread with a lot of that posting style. This was specifically spelled out that, that is a no-no by the owner of the board. The idea that Tim Graham is going to comment on ESPN's business practices on a public message board is ludicrous. So you explain Leonidas's motivation to me. You try to put a positive spin on it. He couldn't.

I do; we are now enemies. :P @#$@ face

the poster was being a jerk in flagrant disregard to TOS in a thread about being a jerk in flagrant disregard to TOS. Sometime you have got to use some sense and realize in irony may not read. And people in these parts tend not to really appreciate unrepentant dickishness under the guise of Russert. it would like be coming up with the user handle Jim Kelly is a rapist. it's ironic, because he only raped records.

sometimes you have to just be respectful and understand there is a time and place for everything. The Russert post would work in the context of a thread that reflected the flippancy of ironic caricature. In this context? Not so much.

You know what? I think you actually make a really good point here.

Also, I think I know the real reason that there is so much negativity here lately.

It's because OUR TEAM FRIGGIN SUCKS AND HAS SUCKED FOR TOO FRIGGIN LONG.

Ok, had to get that out.

All this frusteration has been building and building.

Luckily we can release it all after we win the big one this year. (I'll be running naked through the ECC parking lot)

Tell me about it. Is it a full moon tonight or something? :P

After reading this thread, I not only don't blame Tim for leaving, I actively encourage him to stay away. Ye Gods, what a group of spoiled narcissistic children we have here.

True story: last fall, one of the guys on my other board, a college football beat writer, was leaning toward posting under his own name on one of his team's fanboards.

I told him that based on some of the crap we'd seen hurled at both Tim and John here, he might want to rethink that decision. He did.

Brother, let me put this in perspective for you. Leonidas constantly attacks people in his posts. Not in PPP where a lot of us indulge, but on the main board. He is constantly in attack mode and went into Tim's thread with a lot of that posting style. This was specifically spelled out that, that is a no-no by the owner of the board. The idea that Tim Graham is going to comment on ESPN's business practices on a public message board is ludicrous. So you explain Leonidas's motivation to me. You try to put a positive spin on it. He couldn't.

I really dont think I could put that much a positive spin on it. Yes, Leonidas was a little off-base with his comments.

But cmon on... they were nothing compared to some other posters comments!

I really dont think I could put that much a positive spin on it. Yes, Leonidas was a little off-base with his comments.

But cmon on... they were nothing compared to some other posters comments!

This was specifically spelled out that, that is a no-no by the owner of the board.

I have been on a couple of Bills boards and there has always been users that get out of line. Some boards can and will ban your account without warning. Rather than a moderated list which would require a huge effort, maybe banning is the way to go?

You know what? I think you actually make a really good point here.

Also, I think I know the real reason that there is so much negativity here lately.

It's because OUR TEAM FRIGGIN SUCKS AND HAS SUCKED FOR TOO FRIGGIN LONG.

Ok, had to get that out.

All this frusteration has been building and building.

Luckily we can release it all after we win the big one this year. (I'll be running naked through the ECC parking lot)

well thanks,

it's also the slow part of the year...bills frustrations with nothing to let loose on. but there are also an contingent of jerks that makes meaningful discourse impossible. There has certainly been an increase in trolling/random fools out to annoy/those who just want to scream their opinion as fact as opposed to hearing other view points.

I say it's healthy to identify problems with the site like this. Call out the jerks, put them on notice, and away we go into the promised land of polite sports conversation.

We're all Bills fans here,that's what brings us to this place to begin with. Is there something wrong with trying to be civil to one another????

Oh come now, that's too friggin' difficult, obviously.

Guest dog14787

I'm almost at a loss for words and myself personally, I've tried to make an extra effort lately to tone down my post out of respect for the board as a whole. I brag about our board all the time to folks and about having posters like Tim Graham, jw and our very own, Lori Chase.

Its to bad one person has to ruin it for everyone ...