Thanks Leonidas

Just to clarify, personal attacks on me are okay, but registering a complaint about ESPN to one of their sports writers is not? Okay, just checking.

Sorry, I don't read Ayn Rand. And the well-being of the group, eh? Okay, let's examine. I've spent the better part of the last month trying to keep people updated with "insider" information by posting relevant things from ESPN Insider that most of you don't have access to. I get nothing, no thanks, or anything. That's fine, really. But then I register a complaint to an ESPN writer who takes it totally to heart like I insulted his kid or something and packs up his things and goes home, and suddenly I'm the bad guy? Give me a !@#$ing break. No, I'm not apologizing. Certainly not at this stage.

well if paying ESPN $2.95/mo doesn't entitle you to love I don't know what will

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that some people liken Tim posting here to a guest visiting your house. In a sense it was. You should treat guests with some level of respect. But, what are you to do when the guest at your house insists on acting arrogant and acting like he's above criticism and that you should simply be honored he's there? Because that's essentially the way Tim acted.

His post about only getting 150 (complete bull ****) hits from TBD simply highlights that attitude.

Just to clarify, personal attacks on me are okay, but registering a complaint about ESPN to one of their sports writers is not? Okay, just checking.

Sorry, I don't read Ayn Rand. And the well-being of the group, eh? Okay, let's examine. I've spent the better part of the last month trying to keep people updated with "insider" information by posting relevant things from ESPN Insider that most of you don't have access to. I get nothing, no thanks, or anything. That's fine, really. But then I register a complaint to an ESPN writer who takes it totally to heart like I insulted his kid or something and packs up his things and goes home, and suddenly I'm the bad guy? Give me a !@#$ing break. No, I'm not apologizing. Certainly not at this stage.

Again - you made a personal choice to "register a complaint" in a forum that did not, by its clearly-established rules, provide for such a procedure. As a result, the entire community here has lost the benefit of a feature that many of us liked. It was not for you to make that decision for all of us. Whether or not you think you were in the right vis-a-vis TG, you DEFINITELY owe an apology to the rest of us for ruining a good thing.

you didn't just register a complaint. you registered an ill-delivered diatribe against someone who, 1) cautioned you beforehand against bad-mouthing a good friend and respected colleague; 2) you then rudely asked that good friend and respected colleague to do something, and repeated it; 3) and offered this against someone who has no control over what you were complaining about.

and one of your first reply's to it is akin to seeking a medal. good for you.

jw

Again - you made a personal choice to "register a complaint" in a forum that did not, by its clearly-established rules, provide for such a procedure. As a result, the entire community here has lost the benefit of a feature that many of us liked. It was not for you to make that decision for all of us. Whether or not you think you were in the right vis-a-vis TG, you DEFINITELY owe an apology to the rest of us for ruining a good thing.

I didn't make a decision on anything. I exercised my opinion. TG decided to pack up his things and go home. Maybe he's the one you should be angry at.

I didn't make a decision on anything. I exercised my opinion. TG decided to pack up his things and go home. Maybe he's the one you should be angry at.

It was not for you to violate the rules and express your opinion, bro. It was a forum to ask questions, plain and simple. I know you understand this by now. You're just being obstinate and defensive at this point because it's easier and comes more naturally to you than doing the right thing.

It was not for you to violate the rules and express your opinion, bro. It was a forum to ask questions, plain and simple. I know you understand this by now. You're just being obstinate and defensive at this point because it's easier and comes more naturally to you than doing the right thing.

Sorry, but history has proven that sometimes being obstinate and defensive is doing the right thing. Bro.

I find it funny that some people liken Tim posting here to a guest visiting your house. In a sense it was. You should treat guests with some level of respect. But, what are you to do when the guest at your house insists on acting arrogant and acting like he's above criticism and that you should simply be honored he's there? Because that's essentially the way Tim acted.

His post about only getting 150 (complete bull ****) hits from TBD simply highlights that attitude.

Bump.

Take 2:

I would like to state upfront what the policy is here, and I'm embarrassed that it has to be spelled out for some of you.

We have some special guests here that provide their time, knowledge and insight to us and for that we are grateful. They do this for free. We welcome their participation and we will do what we need to do in order to facilitate that.

Feel free to engage these individuals with your questions and your comments in a reasoned, tactful manner. You don't have to like what they report. You don't have to agree with what they report. But I can assure you that from this point forward your engagement with them on THIS forum will be respectful.

If you can't phrase your comment or objection as if these individuals were sitting across the dinner table from you - then just keep it to yourself. Plain and simple. Just don't write it.

If you lack restraint - we will quickly provide that for you. We wish you luck in your future endeavors. This goes for old-timers and newbies alike.

For those of you wanting to argue this - don't bother. I will not side with your lack of civility, I will not side with ignorant ramblings over professionalism.

Let me reiterate, tactful criticism and skepticism are welcomed. Being a rude jackass is not.

Sorry, but history has proven that sometimes being obstinate and defensive is doing the right thing. Bro.

I wish this was a thread about leonidas leaving because tg pissed him off. Leonidas ruined one of the best parts of this board, and made buffalo look bad once again. Thanks jackass

I wish this was a thread about leonidas leaving because tg pissed him off. Leonidas ruined one of the best parts of this board, and made buffalo look bad once again. Thanks jackass

I can stare at Lucy Pinder all day long. Good choice.

Yeah - that's all there is to it...

Really John? You certainly dug deep into the annals of history for that one. BravO.

Joe McCarthy?

Nixon?

O.J.?

Enron officials?

The South Carolina governor who went for a "walk" to Argentina?

Mark McGwire?

Alfred E Neuman comes to mind, but you wouldn't want to be equated to a Mad Magazine character, would you?

should i keep going?

jw

Is it in poor taste to take a stab at Tim's all sources income?

Because if it isn't, I'd like to set the over/under at $43,200.

Since Tim is no longer a special guest here....I expect full clearance on this one.

We all know Wawrow gets paid in scotch and he is a better man than I in doing so.

Is it in poor taste to take a stab at Tim's all sources income?

Because if it isn't, I'd like to set the over/under at $43,200.

Since Tim is no longer a special guest here....I expect full clearance on this one.

We all know Wawrow gets paid in scotch and he is a better man than I in doing so.

Irish or Canadian whisky, my friend. but i'll forgive your minor mistake. :P

jw