The word is "corps"!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eye thinked for alot of the long time I have been here that I would of known how to spell and grammarize meself alot better then I did done before.

Sadly, you see these mistakes we're harping about here in the newspaper all the time here. Lexington, NC's the Dispatch is not a huge paper but by any journalistic standards it is almost as bad as the Toledo Blade, the former city I lived in and the paper I never read.

But you shouldn't really start a sentence with but. :D

Not true.

Just like the "rule" that you should never end a sentence with a preposition. As Winston Churchill said, "There is some nonsense up with which I will not put."

...not "corp" or "core." You wouldn't talk about the "Marine Core," would you? [God help me, maybe you would. :D ]

The receiving "corps." The linebacking "corps."

I know it looks funny. But it's right.

From a Marine....thank you

Not true.

Just like the "rule" that you should never end a sentence with a preposition. As Winston Churchill said, "There is some nonsense up with which I will not put."

Thank goodness for Winnie. Otherwise, I'd be certified as a habitual offender on that one.

what about "your" and "you're" ?

We ought to expand that to apostrophic placement in general, considering this a Buffalo forum, and Buffalonians are known for heading out to "Blockbuster's" to rent movies, as if there's a Mr. Blockbuster who owns the store.

Oh, and it's Wegmans, not Wegman's.

Now if we can get people to stop typing "should of" and "would of" instead of the correct "should have", "should've", "would have" and "would've".

Drives me crazy, especially since we're writing here people, not speaking.

Are you sayin' I shoulda spellled it d'frently??? I coulda' but I should not have two, should'I??

From a Marine....thank you

The Department of the Navy, who the Marine Corps works for, thanks you as well. :D

I seriously want to go to a large news network and offer my services for the ticker, because more often than not they are terrible at their jobs :)

i.e.:

Tiger Wood's

Day of Remembrence

Calender

The Department of the Navy, who the Marine Corps works for, thanks you as well. :D

I seriously want to go to a large news network and offer my services for the ticker, because more often than not they are terrible at their jobs :)

i.e.:

Tiger Wood's

Day of Remembrence

Calender

A Marine and a Squid both have to take a leak and arrive in the head at the same time.

The Marine finishes his business and neatly washes and dries his hands afterwards

The Squid finishes his business and makes for the exit

The Marine quips, "The Corps teaches us to wash our hands when we are done"

The Squid responds, "The Navy teaches us not to pee on our hands"

A Marine and a Squid both have to take a leak and arrive in the head at the same time.

The Marine finishes his business and neatly washes and dries his hands afterwards

The Squid finishes his business and makes for the exit

The Marine quips, "The Corps teaches us to wash our hands when we are done"

The Squid responds, "The Navy teaches us not to pee on our hands"

LOL!!!!! :D

My father used to spin up the jarheads back in the late 50's when they got their checks because it always had DON right across the front :)

Jarhead is an affectionate term for a Marine just so everyone knows... damn fine outfit. They could really teach the Army a lot, that's for sure!

Now you have to stop people from using the word "Develope" haha

dancers correctly use this word to describe a deliberate and beautiful leg extension with arched back by the female partner while supported by the male lead....but more on topic, i still have my high school copy of Strunk and White but i'm not about to refer to it to post on a message board. if the point is communicated, what is the problem? i think a more important issue is the logic or lack thereof of many posters in forming conclusions. If people would just stop employing logical fallacies to support their opinions, they would almost always agree with me. :D

LOL!!!!! :thumbsup:

My father used to spin up the jarheads back in the late 50's when they got their checks because it always had DON right across the front :devil:

Jarhead is an affectionate term for a Marine just so everyone knows... damn fine outfit. They could really teach the Army a lot, that's for sure!

The Marine Corps are looking for a few good men...cause the Air Force took the rest!