Sean Payton involved in Drug Scandal

i think there is way too much coverage of non-football related stuff!, pft.com is pretty decent, but i think it tries to create, or, overblow , a story.

I think it is a story in the local paper from orleans. it is a story and i am interested in it.

As of right now, these are unfounded and unproven allegations made by a former employee who attempted to extort a large sum of money from the Saints by threatening to go public with these allegations. The whole thing seems quite absurd. He makes it sound like the Saints locker room as a vicodin-dispensing machine that spits out pills like they're Skittles. I have a hard time believing any of this crap is true.

If "you're" a loser junkie that can use proper grammar, does that still make you a loser junkie? I'm not so sure.

Wow, here we go again, another English lesson. Nice try Mr. Witty.

FYI...Lots of kids come to this forum, advocating drug use is pathetic.

everyone needs to lighten up. I'm not advocating drug use unless it's prescribed...And saying it's good stuff, by the way, doesn't necessarily mean recreational use.

You did when you dismissed a sensible correction in your rush to make your anti-vicodin point.

[/quote

I never dismissed anything. Furthermore, where was my anti-vicodin point? If I remember correctly, I merely stated that advocating drug use is inappropriate. The bottom line is, I spend all week engaged in correspondence and routine administrative work, one simple typo in a forum is hardly a crime. However illegal drugs and abuse of prescription drugs is.

I always thought Sean Payton's face always looked run-down as if he were addicted to drugs.

it's true his eyes always look glassy. you never know, pressure can make people do regrettable things.

btw, Jauron always looked out of it too, like he was taking massive amounts of valium

everyone needs to lighten up. I'm not advocating drug use unless it's prescribed...And saying it's good stuff, by the way, doesn't necessarily mean recreational use.

Don't you love how blown out of proportion things get on these forums? The FDA loves it and Afgahnistan has grown and sold RECORD amounts of opium in the past decade to just about every country in the world. Maybe it is good stuff?

I never dismissed anything. Furthermore, where was my anti-vicodin point? If I remember correctly, I merely stated that advocating drug use is inappropriate. The bottom line is, I spend all week engaged in correspondence and routine administrative work, one simple typo in a forum is hardly a crime. However illegal drugs and abuse of prescription drugs is.

Your vs You're is not a typo, it is an incorrect usage of a word. I find that people don't get picked on for bad spelling or grammar unless they are being an asshat. Still got nothing to disprove that theory. BTW nice quote you cut out the last ].

Your vs You're is not a typo, it is an incorrect usage of a word. I find that people don't get picked on for bad spelling or grammar unless they are being an asshat. Still got nothing to disprove that theory. BTW nice quote you cut out the last ].

Thanks

As of right now, these are unfounded and unproven allegations made by a former employee who attempted to extort a large sum of money from the Saints by threatening to go public with these allegations. The whole thing seems quite absurd. He makes it sound like the Saints locker room as a vicodin-dispensing machine that spits out pills like they're Skittles. I have a hard time believing any of this crap is true.

It's absurd to consider that a guy might have a vicodin addiction because he is a HC in the NFL??

Yeah, OK. That's a very convincing argument.

Anyway, I think we are all aware that the allegations are as of yet unproven. As for being "unfounded" how did you come to that conclusion? Oh, that's right---you have no idea if they are unfounded.

Look, if this guy is making up this stuff, he's committing libel and will be sued by Payton and will be financially ruined. I am assuming that he has been made aware of this by his lawyer---yet he still brought forth the suit.

Think of that before you dismiss it.

So what if he pops some pills. Vicodin is basically a brand name hydrocodone - which is available over the counter in Canada (im fairly sure) and I would assume most other countries. It seems like a big deal to us Americans because its an RX drug, but in Canada they are used more like Advil/ibuprofen.

I guess being addicted would be one thing, but considering he just coached the SB winning team, Id say his drug use is not a problem for him.

So what if he pops some pills. Vicodin is basically a brand name hydrocodone - which is available over the counter in Canada (im fairly sure) and I would assume most other countries. It seems like a big deal to us Americans because its an RX drug, but in Canada they are used more like Advil/ibuprofen.

I guess being addicted would be one thing, but considering he just coached the SB winning team, Id say his drug use is not a problem for him.

Trust me, if you see what I see on a daily basis as a pharmacist, you would understand that it is a big deal. These addicts will go to any lengths to obtain these meds. Neglect their children and families. It is sad. So please don't undermine this topic with shear ignorance.

Indeed. Especially if they choose to be self-righteous asshats talking about how kids will be reading what we write. That is all the more reason to take our writing seriously.

It's absurd to consider that a guy might have a vicodin addiction because he is a HC in the NFL??

Yeah, OK. That's a very convincing argument.

Anyway, I think we are all aware that the allegations are as of yet unproven. As for being "unfounded" how did you come to that conclusion? Oh, that's right---you have no idea if they are unfounded.

Look, if this guy is making up this stuff, he's committing libel and will be sued by Payton and will be financially ruined. I am assuming that he has been made aware of this by his lawyer---yet he still brought forth the suit.

Think of that before you dismiss it.

You are an angry man. Take it easy.

This "story" is in its infancy right now. And it sounds absurd to me. That's my opinion. Payton has already flatly denied the allegations. And the allegations are unfounded so far. Geez.

Not saying he is making this up for sure, but anybody who threatens to blackmail their former employer is sick. Trying to extort money and then "going public" with it because they won't agree to you excessive monetary demands is wrong. Can't you see how disgusting that is?

Indeed. Especially if they choose to be self-righteous asshats talking about how kids will be reading what we write. That is all the more reason to take our writing seriously.

So is asshat taking your so called writing serious? Some people just make me laugh.

So is asshat taking your so called writing serious? Some people just make me laugh.

My friend, I am not the one who got up on his high horse about "kids reading this stuff." That was you. You attracted this attention to yourself, and now you don't like it. Too bad.

This "story" is in its infancy right now. And it sounds absurd to me. That's my opinion. Payton has already flatly denied the allegations. And the allegations are unfounded so far. Geez.

Not saying he is making this up for sure, but anybody who threatens to blackmail their former employer is sick. Trying to extort money and then "going public" with it because they won't agree to you excessive monetary demands is wrong. Can't you see how disgusting that is?

the flip side could be he discovered the theft, told his employer and they decided it was easier to replace him then Sean. He in the process of being dismissed sought out a severence of sorts, and when denied he filed a suit.

There are a lot of possible stories at this point. I wouldn't rule out the idea of Sean popping some pills. He has a rep for being a very heavy drinker already.

How about you save your pious moralizing for someone who cares what you think about it. I'm not sure how anyone else's drug use is any of your business anyway. But then, maybe you're that guy who just gets it, who has some keen wisdom that the rest of the world needs to benefit from.

If "you're" a loser junkie that can use proper grammar, does that still make you a loser junkie? I'm not so sure.

If kids are coming here, telling them that grammar does not matter is pretty pathetic as well.

Either way you look at it...as a few know, I can speak from experience. It is a strong, euphoric substance. It helps if prescribed for pain. It is over-prescribed, making it too easily available...and it is EXTREMELY addictive.

It ruins lives. Damn near led to me ruining mine.

Breaking my back, led to one thing and then another...and I was off and running. It opened the gate to way more powerful stuff. All of this stuff can severly hurt you, and can result in death. Vicodin is synthetic Heroin. Same as Oxy-Contin and Percocet. It is all VERY addictive and withdrawaling from this stuff can lead to serious damage or possibly death. All of it is the same schit as Heroin. You will become addicted and dependent...and you will die.

I do not condone the use of this stuff. I suffer from serious back problems, from breaking my back and I take NOTHING for it. I have seen what this stuff can do. You WILL become addicted and it will lead to jails, institutions or death.

I am open to talking about this, to an extent, because I want to try and steer people clear of the road I traveled. I want to prevent young kids, high schoolers, college kids...from using this. Don't even experiment with it. It is poison. :thumbsup:

(My intent was not to offend anybody...I hope that my voice is heard LOUDLY when it comes to stuff like THIS.)

PS. I could care less what anybody thinks of ME because of MY PAST...I have gotten myself clean and am on the right path. Do not judge Me, you have no reason to judge Me. It you want to judge Me, look at the man in the mirror first and think twice about what to say. I try to do this for a good cause. I want people to learn from my mistakes. Who knows, I may save somebody's life? I also go to college for Chemical Dependency Counseling and I am 1 semester away from getting my C.A.S.A.C., which is my certification to counsel in New York state. Just like a teaching license or whatever.

How about you save your pious moralizing for someone who cares what you think about it. I'm not sure how anyone else's drug use is any of your business anyway. But then, maybe you're that guy who just gets it, who has some keen wisdom that the rest of the world needs to benefit from.

It is my business when it funds Jihad and I have to go there and fight.

My friend, I am not the one who got up on his high horse about "kids reading this stuff." That was you. You attracted this attention to yourself, and now you don't like it. Too bad.

[/qu

Oh, I didnt realize that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ha! "Angry man" for pointing out that your dismissal of this story (based on....well, nothing at this point) is a bit premature?

Come on! Of course "blackmail" is wrong. But Payton's predictable denial of everything does not make the claim "unfounded"---do you really believe this??

It may be that this is made up, in which case Payton will have "foundation" for suing his accuser and will win the case.

Geez, indeed.

Legalize it..all of it. No more profit in the blackmarket, no more cartels, no more funding of the Taliban, end of problem.

Thats a great point, I wish it was that simple. We are having problems with script meds more than anything else. When doctors stop being able to get kick backs from writing scripts then it may stand a chance.

Either way you look at it...as a few know, I can speak from experience. It is a strong, euphoric substance. It helps if prescribed for pain. It is over-prescribed, making it too easily available...and it is EXTREMELY addictive.

It ruins lives. Damn near led to me ruining mine.

Breaking my back, led to one thing and then another...and I was off and running. It opened the gate to way more powerful stuff. All of this stuff can severly hurt you, and can result in death. Vicodin is synthetic Heroin. Same as Oxy-Contin and Percocet. It is all VERY addictive and withdrawaling from this stuff can lead to serious damage or possibly death. All of it is the same schit as Heroin. You will become addicted and dependent...and you will die.

I do not condone the use of this stuff. I suffer from serious back problems, from breaking my back and I take NOTHING for it. I have seen what this stuff can do. You WILL become addicted and it will lead to jails, institutions or death.

I am open to talking about this, to an extent, because I want to try and steer people clear of the road I traveled. I want to prevent young kids, high schoolers, college kids...from using this. Don't even experiment with it. It is poison. :rolleyes:

(My intent was not to offend anybody...I hope that my voice is heard LOUDLY when it comes to stuff like THIS.)

PS. I could care less what anybody thinks of ME because of MY PAST...I have gotten myself clean and am on the right path. Do not judge Me, you have no reason to judge Me. It you want to judge Me, look at the man in the mirror first and think twice about what to say. I try to do this for a good cause. I want people to learn from my mistakes. Who knows, I may save somebody's life? I also go to college for Chemical Dependency Counseling and I am 1 semester away from getting my C.A.S.A.C., which is my certification to counsel in New York state. Just like a teaching license or whatever.

No need for a disclaimer if you didn't post your life story.