Who is CJ Spillers Agent?

IIRC, Spiller said he wants to get in as soon as possible. I don't think it will be a problem.

If you belive that I have an island in the Niagara river I would like to sell you. They all say that and sign only when the dollars match the position in which they are drafted.

It is so important that Spiller be there from day one since we will be leaning on him a lot to help this offense.

We can not afford to have him hold out and miss any camp time

I don't expect Spiller to make a big impact this season anyway. Lets face it, he was drafted for 3 years from now when they have a decent QB (that they will draft next year), something that resembles an O-Line, and a WR for said QB to throw the ball too when Spiller isn't carrying it.

If you belive that I have an island in the Niagara river I would like to sell you. They all say that and sign only when the dollars match the position in which they are drafted.

The problem is that a lot of agents now want money where they think their client SHOULD HAVE BEEN DRAFTED!

PTR

I don't expect Spiller to make a big impact this season anyway.

I expect to see good things from him THIS year. Spiller isn't a wide receiver. Historically, RB's make one of the quickest transitions to the NFL game. And what Spiller has, you just can't teach. You either got it or you don't. And Spiller has got it.

not to mention that it is likely the last time without a rookie scale, so i guess most agents will be pretty greedy

That played a big part in alot of juniors coming out that normally wouldn't have also. Most likely the last chance for a rookie to get a huge payday with no rookie salary cap.

That played a big part in alot of juniors coming out that normally wouldn't have also. Most likely the last chance for a rookie to get a huge payday with no rookie salary cap.

Is that cap on total amount of money spent on the entire rookie class still in place?

How do you find an agent, I'd want the biggest dirt bag out there?

There's a couple of big names that are well known for being dirty mother f***ers.

But if you REALLY want to go dirty, just hire a bunch of Goldman Sachs execs. They were the ones that negotiated Alex Rodriguez's 10-year $275 million contract (they were 2 Managing Directors, John Mallory and Gerald Cardinale). They're about as greedy and dirty-bag-y as you can get :wallbash:

I expect to see good things from him THIS year. Spiller isn't a wide receiver. Historically, RB's make one of the quickest transitions to the NFL game. And what Spiller has, you just can't teach. You either got it or you don't. And Spiller has got it.

He won't be in all the time (at least I would hope not) and he needs something to work with. He can't do it alone. It will come, just not this year.

He won't be in all the time (at least I would hope not) and he needs something to work with. He can't do it alone. It will come, just not this year.

RBs are not in all the time in 2010

Its not 1975.

You have 3 situational RBs.

He is not drafted for 3 years from now.

He is drafted for today and he will be put in a position to put up numbers in 2010.

If Freddy Jackson can get a grand with this offense . . .

Its not really up to Spiller honestly. Its the 8 guys above him that will determine how quickly Spiller will sign. Even if the guy isn't going to be a pain as far as signing he won't really start negotiations till the picks above him sign. So its not really up to Spiller.