Bills contacted Ravens about Gaither

I'd give up a 2nd next year with no problems.

I'd even go so far as offer up a conditional 1st if the Bills make the playoffs.

IMO, a trade would have happened with this offer. I'm hopin' we're trying to get the price down. Buddy wants our draft picks.

At this point, the closer we get to Training Camp without an injury, the more we can lower the price. If anyone goes down in minicamp though, things'll change.

Don't forget, now they are also competing with Jamaal Brown possibly being on the block as well too, so that's two quality LTs.

If Baltimore is still shopping the guy, Nix better take another good, hard look at Gaither. Now that the draft is over and done with, Nix can't possibly be satisfied with the guys he has playing LT heading into the new season. I, nor anyone else around here can possibly know what Baltimore is asking for when it comes to Gaither. It was long rumored to be a 2nd. But it seems to me that if a team is shopping a young and legit LT at that price, it is either a) a load of crap; or b) there's something very wrong with him.

I'm no GM, but if you have no LT and can get one who's shown he can play for a 2nd round pick, you do that deal. It would strengthen our team, address a need at the game's 2nd most important position and put a lot of Bills fans at ease about the upcoming season.

This would also allow us to use next year's 1st round pick to address QB or WR.

If Baltimore is still shopping the guy, Nix better take another good, hard look at Gaither. Now that the draft is over and done with, Nix can't possibly be satisfied with the guys he has playing LT heading into the new season. I, nor anyone else around here can possibly know what Baltimore is asking for when it comes to Gaither. It was long rumored to be a 2nd. But it seems to me that if a team is shopping a young and legit LT at that price, it is either a) a load of crap; or b) there's something very wrong with him.

As far as I understand the rules, until he signs his tender, we can talk to him as much as we want, bring him in for a workout, let the position coaches get to know him, etc.

ya beat me

Oh c'mon! You love it!! B-)

contacting and getting er done are two different things....I'm a little sick of all the contacting with no tangible results.

I wonder why the Cowboys couldn't get it done. :thumbsup:

I'm no GM, but if you have no LT and can get one who's shown he can play for a 2nd round pick, you do that deal. It would strengthen our team, address a need at the game's 2nd most important position and put a lot of Bills fans at ease about the upcoming season.

He's a FA at the end of the year and they won't keep him. Getting something now is better than having him sit on the bench and then leaving at the end of the year. JMO

As far as where the issue may be:

Ravens board says he has work ethics issues. Harbuagh mentions "work" 15 times in the press conference about him. Could be similar to the Peters issues the Bills endured.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/rav...e_ravens_1.html

I even saw a comment elsewhere hinting that "shopping him around" was merely using the media to motivate him, perhaps pure speculation.

As far as where the issue may be:

Ravens board says he has work ethics issues. Harbuagh mentions "work" 15 times in the press conference about him. Could be similar to the Peters issues the Bills endured.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/rav...e_ravens_1.html

I even saw a comment elsewhere hinting that "shopping him around" was merely using the media to motivate him, perhaps pure speculation.

I'm not as interested in him anymore. This quote is why;

Gaither, 24, said he wasn’t there for the first week because he was rehabilitating a right ankle injury that slowed him late last season.

“I didn’t want to abruptly stop it,” said Gaither, who didn’t need offseason surgery. “I’m done, and I’m going to get back with the team. I’m still rehabbing the strength more. The injuries I had last year just stripped me in those areas. That’s really what I was doing.”

:thumbsup:

He couldn't get there in under 24 hours and keep training with other professionals who work for the team. I don't buy it. B-)

contacting and getting er done are two different things....I'm a little sick of all the contacting with no tangible results.

no one else has been able to get it done either. what are you willing to give up for an OT with work ethic issues whose current team is trying to move him?

The Bills need to keep that pick in hopes of moving up for Locker next year.

move up?!? is this an OPTIMISTIC post? or do you mean like, move up from #3 to #1? :thumbsup:

no one else has been able to get it done either. what are you willing to give up for an OT with work ethic issues whose current team is trying to move him?

move up?!? is this an OPTIMISTIC post? or do you mean like, move up from #3 to #1? :thumbsup:

Yes, that's what I meant. Although I think we'll be more around the picks 6 through 9 range again in 2011.