We became a professional football team again the day we hired Nix

cwchze

I've been a bills fan a longtime since mid to late 70's.Lived thru the

Super Years( we could win every game but one).

We became a halfassed organization when Ralph fired John Butler.of

course they(including buddy)went to SD, became buffalo west and you

know what happened.

We, on the other hand, hired the arrogant idiot Donahue, and equally arrogant ass

greggo"I dont like fat guys"Wiliams, watched a proud organization get run into the ground.

brought Marv back for stability because we became a laughingstock.watched him and realized

he was a good coach, but not a Gm.suffered thru the Jauron/tampa 3 crap."Its tough to win

in this league"geez what an idiot.

Now we are back to what we never should have let go.Buddy and Chan are Football men building

a football team, with excellent coaches and a frim belief of their philosophy.Teams used to

be scared to play in Buffalo,they will again.

Keep up the good work!No more undersized players.Thank God..!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

know what happened.

We, on the other hand, hired the arrogant idiot Donahue, and equally arrogant ass

greggo"I dont like fat guys"Wiliams, watched a proud organization get run into the ground.

brought Marv back for stability because we became a laughingstock.watched him and realized

he was a good coach, but not a Gm.suffered thru the Jauron/tampa 3 crap."Its tough to win

Now we are back to what we never should have let go.Buddy and Chan are Football men building

a football team, with excellent coaches and a frim belief of their philosophy.Teams used to

The space bar is your friend.

Excellent post. I happen to agree with pretty much everything you said. I believe it is going to take two or three years to rebuild this team the right way, but then, we will be contending again. Nix and Gailey really seem to know what they are doing, and we have a lot of promising young guys in the FO, like Doug Whaley, who can take the reins when Nix retires in five or six years.

know what happened.

Amen Brother!!!

Excellent post. I happen to agree with pretty much everything you said. I believe it is going to take two or three years to rebuild this team the right way, but then, we will be contending again. Nix and Gailey really seem to know what they are doing, and we have a lot of promising young guys in the FO, like Doug Whaley, who can take the reins when Nix retires in five or six years.

It started last year when Nix came back and got to work on improving the scouting department. And he's promised to enlarge the department going forward (and as we're learning, if Buddy says it, he's going to do it).

5 or 6 years? im going the under on that.. 3-4...

does anyone know if we have hired any new scouts???

know what happened.

I'll never forget how sick I felt when Butler left. Thought Donahoe had a clue right up until he hired Mr. Air Horn (GW). They just got to cute on draft days doing things to get attention, but that didn't help the team. The Mike Williams fiasco, JP Losman trade, etc... I hope Buddy and Chan can make the Bills into a solid contender for years to come. Go Bills!

I'll never forget how sick I felt when Butler left.

Haha what revisionists you all are. You were all excited for Donahoe, you were all excited for every single one of these guys except maybe Jauron before they were hired. We're doing it now too, and I'm sure at some point in the season we'll be in the playoff hunt (i'm talking like... 9 games into the season when we're still in it, doing that playoff math) and we'll fall out, and you guys will be calling for Nix's head. Its an inevitable cycle. We would have ran Peyton Manning out of the city if we had him.

You were all excited for Donahoe, ...

That's an interesting observation. Everyone got wood over the hiring of little Tommy because he was a "name" from a successful organization (think Shanahan, Cowher, Martyball, etc. etc.) Well we got the "big name" and still haven't recovered after all these years. Let's hope the much maligned no-name Buddy Nix can turn this team aroudn.

know what happened.

Hold Kool-Aid Batman!! My goodness. It's hard to remember the outrage when Good Ol' Buddy hired Chan and continued his questionable decisions this past week. I would love to think things are good but truth is they just aren't.

Actually, the 1st draft of the TD/GW era was pretty good...In 2001, we found starters in Nate Clements, Travis Henry, Aaron Schobel, and Jonas Jennings. Even Ron Edwards went on to have an average NFL career with us and KC.

Where they went south was when they got cute with the McGahee pick and then failing to address the OL.