We became a professional football team again the day we hired Nix

cwchze

Haha what revisionists you all are. You were all excited for Donahoe, you were all excited for every single one of these guys except maybe Jauron before they were hired. We're doing it now too, and I'm sure at some point in the season we'll be in the playoff hunt (i'm talking like... 9 games into the season when we're still in it, doing that playoff math) and we'll fall out, and you guys will be calling for Nix's head. Its an inevitable cycle. We would have ran Peyton Manning out of the city if we had him.

FWIW - I will be fine as long as the organization shows a commitment to being competitive. If they develop guys and will not resign them because they are too pricey, or trade guys for picks because the guy "just don't want to play in Buffalo" I am going to be very pissed. But as long as they are on the right track and trying to win without all the BS I will be a happy camper, win or lose. Like Nix said, "just show me the baby." I take that to mean, the fans are tired of all the excuses, and spin on very bad personel moves, we have to compete period, and that is what we are going to do from now on.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the 1st draft of the TD/GW era was pretty good...In 2001, we found starters in Nate Clements, Travis Henry, Aaron Schobel, and Jonas Jennings. Even Ron Edwards went on to have an average NFL career with us and KC.

Where they went south was when they got cute with the McGahee pick and then failing to address the OL.

Damn that sounds familiar for some reason. Is it groundhog day?

I don't have any faith in a GM that chooses an undersized RB in the 1st round. It shows a basic mis-understanding of whats important on a good football team. We've already wasted 1st round picks on two "special" Running Backs in the last decade

I'd rather have the 5th best tackle than the best RB in a draft.

THe whole notion that we've been an undersized team is bunk as well, we had the biggest OLine in football two years ago and look where that got us.

I could never understand why Jauron was so fascinated with undersized guys.

Jauron thought he could get away with it because force = mass * acceleration i.e. a small guy moving faster than a big guy can deliver an equivalent hit. The problem is that there's insufficient time and space to reach a sufficient velocity when you're already on the line of scrimmage.

THe whole notion that we've been an undersized team is bunk as well, we had the biggest OLine in football two years ago and look where that got us.

They're talking about the defense and its susceptibility to the run.

Actually, the 1st draft of the TD/GW era was pretty good...In 2001, we found starters in Nate Clements, Travis Henry, Aaron Schobel, and Jonas Jennings. Even Ron Edwards went on to have an average NFL career with us and KC.

Where they went south was when they got cute with the McGahee pick and then failing to address the OL.

I kinda agree, the McGahee pick was what really got this organization spiraling downward in a hurry. Spending your first round pick on a guy that you knew wasn't going to play for at least a year, if ever. Not to mention getting had in front of the whole sportsworld, with McGahee talking to his agent on the phone and the Bills falling for the hoax that he was talking to other teams. The team lost alot of credibility as well as class and character, which was why the first thing Levy did when he took over was to ship him out of town as fast as possible, unfortuneatly he replaced him with Lynch who isn't much better. I am not sold on this new front office, but really hoping they can turn this around, and sooner than later as all Bills fans deserve better than what they have been getting. I am to skeptical to say that they are going to fix things, I am going to wait and see, since I have been burned too many times in the past.

I've been a bills fan a longtime since mid to late 70's.Lived thru the

Super Years( we could win every game but one).

We became a halfassed organization when Ralph fired John Butler.of

course they(including buddy)went to SD, became buffalo west and you

know what happened.

We, on the other hand, hired the arrogant idiot Donahue, and equally arrogant ass

greggo"I dont like fat guys"Wiliams, watched a proud organization get run into the ground.

brought Marv back for stability because we became a laughingstock.watched him and realized

he was a good coach, but not a Gm.suffered thru the Jauron/tampa 3 crap."Its tough to win

in this league"geez what an idiot.

Now we are back to what we never should have let go.Buddy and Chan are Football men building

a football team, with excellent coaches and a frim belief of their philosophy.Teams used to

be scared to play in Buffalo,they will again.

Keep up the good work!No more undersized players.Thank God..!

I agree...I love Buddy Nix as a talent evaluator and I like Chan Gailey's approach.