for those claiming Miami is an easy win...

ICE

It is a very good reference.  Any team on any given sunday. Right now I feel the Bills are prime to get beat by Miami. Coming off of two damn solid beatings on the Rams and Hawks. Easy to get over confident against a lesser team.

138264[/snapback]

That´s the job of the coaching staff - prepare the team to win any games, regardless if the opponent is good or bad. Playing Miami is not only big for Miami - it´s also big for the Bills. Don´t you think Willis is crazy to show his family and friends what he can do in the pros?

We won´t get beat because Miami is a wreck of a team now. But, as I said, it won´t be easy - actually, it´ll be much tougher than yesterday.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ICE come on man.....

I hear you...I feel you...I understand what you are saying in your posts......

But cant we just (at least till Wednesday) feel GOOD about our team before we start worrying about the next win....

- We probably wont make the playoffs

- We just beat a Conference leader...by a bunch...in THEIR stadium

- With every passing win....we are driving a needle into the hearts of cowboys fans everywhere

hmmmmmmm

That´s the job of the coaching staff - prepare the team to win any games, regardless if the opponent is good or bad. Playing Miami is not only big for Miami - it´s also big for the Bills. Don´t you think Willis is crazy to show his family and friends what he can do in the pros?

We won´t get beat because Miami is a wreck of a team now. But, as I said, it won´t be easy - actually, it´ll be much tougher than yesterday.

138284[/snapback]

Hey all I am saying is this...it is easy to get over confident against a weaker team. Esp after beating down two playoff teams from last year. Division games are always hard.

Sunday is Miami's superbowl, we need to bring our A game and beat on them like they have never been beat on before.

ICE come on man.....

I hear you...I feel you...I understand what you are saying in your posts......

But cant we just (at least till Wednesday) feel GOOD about our team before we start worrying about the next win....

- We probably wont make the playoffs

- We just beat a Conference leader...by a bunch...in THEIR stadium

- With every passing win....we are driving a needle into the hearts of cowboys fans everywhere

hmmmmmmm

138288[/snapback]

John, I created this post to bring some balance to the 'We are kings of the world' types of posts. Feel good yes, great win.

Let me give you my take on competition. Long ago there was a great Judoka. World champ 4X in a row. His philosophy was this...he would train all year, battle hard and become champ. He would celebrate that night. Come the next morning he was not the 'reigning Champ' in his mind. He was just 1 of thousands that wanted to be champ this next year. THAT is why he continued to win. I have always felt that way about competing and it served me well.

We won Sunday. congrats, now its time to go to work for the Miami game. :blink:

no easy wins.

but man, i still have a football erection from that game.

fins blow.

No! no easy wins.

but they suck.

no easy wins.

Down, boy. Down. Think about the 2000 draft...there you go...think about the RJ trade...there you go...down boy...

...ah...

Last year the roles were reserved by this time, it was a home game, and we definitely didn´t bring our A game. I remember the crowd booing Killdrive due to his inept play-calling.

It´s payback time now. We´re good, and they´re bad. And the weather is wonderful in South Florida right now - it´s not too hot.

what's just as ridiculous is Miami is going to be a cake walk, yet Seattle was a quality win over a tough opponent.

Didn't those two teams meet last week?  Did Seattle crush Miami?

138325[/snapback]

The minor difference is how Seattle plays at home vs on the road. Their only loss before yesterday at home was in OT vs the Rams in a game they led by a couple of TDs late in the fourth quarter. While it's not a tough place to play, they certainly play significantly better there than they do on the road.

Not unlike the BILLS in that respect, though our home field advantage is certainly sizeable.

what's just as ridiculous is Miami is going to be a cake walk, yet Seattle was a quality win over a tough opponent.

Didn't those two teams meet last week?  Did Seattle crush Miami?

138325[/snapback]

It is a mix between what you and darrin said. We SHOULD hand a still beating to Miami, but I stand by my thoughts this is a trap game if there ever was one.

There are so many football cliches in this thread, it's ridiculous. (e.g., "every game is a tough one", "we need to bring our A game," "this is Miami's Superbowl"). :blink:

But let me add to the cliches: If there ever were a "let-down game," it could be this one. The Bills just smoked two playoff teams and are off to play the worst team in football. Meanwhile, the Felons are playing for pride against a division rival. The Bills better "not look past" the Felons or else they're done. This is the one game on the schedule that scares me.

It is a mix between what you and darrin said. We SHOULD hand a still beating to Miami, but I stand by my thoughts this is a trap game if there ever was one.

138342[/snapback]

[/quoteI]I

ICE, who will win, the Bills with Bledsoe, or the phins? By continuing to chicken out of a prediction, you are depriving yourself of being "right."Need more time? :w00t:

There's no way this is an easy win. We are the much better team, but Miami still has a pretty good defense and they will be up for a division game against a team that they feel they should beat. And on the road, just because we beat Seattle on the road doesn't mean we can beat everyone. If the Bills aren't 100% focused on this game we could lose this one.

I am just going to enjoy the win from yesterday and enjoy Miami week. It's not too often Miami is a train wreck. They only reason Miami won yesterday is because SF is an even bigger mess than the Fins are. Why do we have to have the foot down on the negativity pedal at all times? How is that even enjoyable?

Ask Denver how they feel this morning about that 'easy win' over the hapless raiders.

138228[/snapback]

It won't be all easy. My prediction is that it is a tough first half and a relatively easy second. However, the margin of victory will be fairly large 30-13

No flames please - this is just a wild a**ed prediction.