Even Oakland is PWNING the Bills

So wait, painting a broad brush and saying no to a guy because he is from California?

Hilarious.

I am telling you I feel IMO (opinion does not mean I'm right just like yours) Clausen was a guy I would have taken, and THEN gotten the NT later..or even OL, or LB....lots of options were available with that 2nd.

they obviously wanted to use the second round pick on a guy that would contribute this year

the California comment was sarcasm dude, guess you missed that as well

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing all this talk about trading down, but doesn't another team have to agree to the trade? You know I would have liked to have seen fewer players from 2nd division teams selected, but there's just no way that a guy with Nix's experience avoids the marquis names just to piss off Mel Kiper. Let's see what happens. There was a time when no one cared who teams chose after the first round.

I was disappointed by several of the picks because they didn't match Kiper's "best available" and I want the Bills to have a successful draft. I was also disappointed they waited so long to get an OT. My investment in the draft is based on reading TBD crap and a variety of sports websites.

Realistically, if it were my job I would do my own research and study film. I understand the Bills have several people they pay to do just this. Since this isn't my job I have to trust the Bills to do the best job they can. When evaluating people you have to consider your own ability to train and connect to the trainee. The Bills staff probably do so. Last year the Bills picked up two excellent offensive linemen, a great defensive back, a TE that showed some promise and a DE that rarely saw playing time and frankly was a disappointment. The only way to truly evaluate success in the draft is to look back after a few years......I suggest that an argument on who really sucks may be somewhat premature....Immature?

Seriously folks so much of this crap makes looking here for info a huge waste of time, and possibly sheds light on what sort of moron I must be when I return again to read such drivel.

There's no denying you are upset. But are you right? The crickets say no. Go back to playing Madden.

PTR

Of course he is upset! He just traded Lynch to Minnesota for Peterson, traded 3 draft picks to send Whitner to Washington, and a monster trade sending Brohm, Edwards and Jackson for Manning! He is just confused.

No one understands these QB's we would have drafted would have never started over anyone we had nor had an impact like any other player we drafted. QB's are one dimensional while everyone else plays special teams, as well.

Not sure about us but I would say the Raiders definitely did better than the Rams.

Which would you rather have:

Campbell and Suh

or

Bradford and a future 4th rounder

Can't argue that right now. However, if Bradford becomes the qb most expect him to, then the argument is moot. Suh will be great, but he would have a helluva time having as much impact on a game as the starting qb.

Has anyone actually watched a Central Florida game last year? I wonder how much tape of Troupe the draft "experts" that are on all the sites out there actually watched. I don't know how much of a reach you can really say he is.

On the other hand, the ones at One Bills Drive who actually did scout him better be right. They're taking a huge risk not coming away from the first two rounds without an OT. Not taking Clausen is fine by me because no one else took him in round one. Taking a couple late isn't going to bring the immediate help this team desperately needs there.

The defense has got to dramatically improve next year for this draft to be considered a sucess. If not Modrak might be the one to take the fall this time.

Has anyone actually watched a Central Florida game last year? I wonder how much tape of Troupe the draft "experts" that are on all the sites out there actually watched. I don't know how much of a reach you can really say he is.

On the other hand, the ones at One Bills Drive who actually did scout him better be right. They're taking a huge risk not coming away from the first two rounds without an OT. Not taking Clausen is fine by me because no one else took him in round one. Taking a couple late isn't going to bring the immediate help this team desperately needs there.

The defense has got to dramatically improve next year for this draft to be considered a sucess. If not Modrak might be the one to take the fall this time.

And that's exactly the way it should be. Modrak has been on teh hot seat as the head of college scouting for some time. That being said, between Modrak, Nix, and Whaley, I think those three have taken the players that they wanted as BPA and in most cases at positions of need. Only time will tell if the strategy paid off, but for the most part, these are long time college starters who have produced and been leaders on their teams. I, for one, think that the last two drafts were very successful, last years in practice, and this years, at least, on paper.

It is not like the Buffalo Bills need a QB or anything...Raiders making much stronger picks and picking up a solid QB.

San Diego gets a NT in Cam Thomas that is arguably BETTER then Trouple 3 ROUNDS later.

Bills could have grabbed Clausen in Round 2 and STILL got a NT.

Simply unbelievable.

I can really say, even the Lions are having a great day, Buffalo is now the cesspool of the NFL when it comes to organizations.

This is the lowest of the low.

Meh. Campbell is a mediocre NFL QB, not a good one. Yes, he'd be an upgrade over the bad NFL QBs on our roster, but I don't see him taking this team to the playoffs. I'd rather hold out for a GOOD quarterback.

they obviously wanted to use the second round pick on a guy that would contribute this year

the California comment was sarcasm dude, guess you missed that as well

And the sky is green?

Nice deflection, because it sure looked sincere on the screen.

Now we have hope in a 7th round QB, more hope that will most likely go unfulfilled.

It is not like the Buffalo Bills need a QB or anything...Raiders making much stronger picks and picking up a solid QB.

San Diego gets a NT in Cam Thomas that is arguably BETTER then Trouple 3 ROUNDS later.

Bills could have grabbed Clausen in Round 2 and STILL got a NT.

Simply unbelievable.

I can really say, even the Lions are having a great day, Buffalo is now the cesspool of the NFL when it comes to organizations.

This is the lowest of the low.

Stop listening to Kiper - he sucks - and forget about Clausen - the Papists haven't turned out a good QB since Theismann

Mel Kiper today said that the Bills "overdrafted:" (read: reached) on Troup. That's his opinion, but my hunch is that Troup could have been had in the third round. That said, we wouldn't have gotten our DE in the 3rd then. But, I would prefer Clausen, Troup over Troup, Carrington

Charles Davis on NFL Network (who predicted Spiller BTW) thought Troup was a big reach.

Seriously, you're citing NE? Look at their first round picks over the last six years. Find one guy who was worth a first round pick that they used. The fact is, you say Baltimore is having a better draft? On what are you basing that? None of the players for either team have played a down. I'm not saying you are wrong but how do you make that assessment?

Cody is not an every down NT. He is a one or two down player. They can afford to take him because they have Ngata already, who is another one to two down NT. Now they have a solid rotation. Buffalo didn't have anyone that was a true three down NT. Troup has that potential and showed it at UCF.

Campbell has a lot of raw talent and the physical tools, but there is a reason that he fell into the fourth round, and was taken by the team that always covets physical attributes over football players. Buffalo needs serious help and if a player they had targeted was going to be there at their pick, why would them move?

People on this board only seem interested in flashbang style moves that grab headlines, like trades and any shiny toy that they didn't select that the cursory college fans on this board have heard about from some draft magazine or predictions from their Madden game. Seriously, get real. There are reasons 31 other teams passed on the guys you listed, sometimes multiple times. Are you saying all of those FOs are dumber than you? Get real.

Look according to Nix no 3-4 NT can play every snap in his intervew on the Bills website he said "out of 60 snaps a NT should play about 30 so they don't wear down and take plays off", which equates to none of them are an every down player. So why not take the beast who actually won a few games for Alabama on their way to a championship and played at a high level in the SEC??

The point is the Bills are not good at getting value for the pick and have not been for a while...since Butler? or Polian? We also hang on to players too long instead of trading them for a pick a year early, i.e. Schobel. Look at the Eagles they seem to alwats have extra picks and a better roster than ours, guess why?

You assume that I never heard of the guy...thanks for assuming...you know what happens when you assume.

Maybe a lot of teams passed on Cam because most dont NEED a pure 3-4 NT?

Troupe was not going to be available in the 3rd? Or even later?

Keep the denial. I am not suggesting at all that the players Nix drafted cannot be good, but the 2nd round pick was a misstep and IMO cannot be denied.

Clausen should have been the pick there.

NO WAY...Troupe will be excellent nt and these guys had no interest

in Clausen.He doesn't fit our prototype