Even Oakland is PWNING the Bills

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you know about Troup, other than nothing? UCF had over 90 tackles for a loss of over 400 yards- Troup's ability to take on the constant double teams allowed them to do that. They forced 17 fumbles, recovering 15 of them and intercepted 12 passes because of what he did to free up other defenders. If we didn't take him, San Diego would have, as they have to replace Jamaal Williams.

We don't want Clausen. He isn't very good and never will be. Campbell holds the ball and doesn't fit our new offense.

We are taking steps in the right direction, because we are rebuilding from scratch. We probably have a top 10 or maybe a top five pick next year because of it, but that happens when you rebuild correctly. We aren't building around guys like Schobel and Lynch, we are building to win. Love it or leave it......

Good points about Troup and the reality is, I have watched Cam but have not watched Troup so I don't know a ton about it.

And criticizing him as a 2nd round pick isn't because of what Mel solely says...several different rankings suggested that he would have been available later in the draft...that was my point.

Ill always love it..I am not leaving the Bills ever, no matter what

LeFevour would be an interesting pick, especially at this point

I think he would probably have to sit about three years to adjust, but I think he has as much potential to do that as any QB in the league. The only rookie QB I see making any kind of impact this season is Tebow- I see no reason that Denver can't do the same thing with the Florida offense that Miami has done with the wildcat.

Don't bash the Bills draft picks. Every year, everyone on here LOVES what the Bills do in the draft. Ed Wang in the 5th? WHOO-HOO. LT problem solved. He will be an an All-Pro for 10 years LOVE IT!!!!!!! Anyone who thinks otherwise is flamed beyond recognition. Anyone the Bills don't get (Campbell is the latest), well, that player sucks anyway and the team that got him is stupid. I think the Bills draft flat out sucks. I think it has pretty much sucked for the last 11 years. Their record and playoff appearances bear that out but reality around here is something that does not exist. They still do not have a LT or a QB and no depth whatsoever. They reached in the 2nd round. Easley in the 4th? Another reach. Bills have pretty much drafted projects that may or may not pan out years down the line and took them all higher than they should have gone. I'm calling next year's 1st overall pick right now. Jake Locker and he will be a Buffalo Bill. I do think even Oakland has done better than the Bills. I would have loved to have Baltimore's draft. Ozzie Newsome knows what he is doing. That's why Baltimore has a ridiculously great defense every year. Ralph was right. The Bills have been dull and continue to be dull. He forgot to mention they still suck.

Don't bash the Bills draft picks. Every year, everyone on here LOVES what the Bills do in the draft. Ed Wang in the 5th? WHOO-HOO. LT problem solved. He will be an an All-Pro for 10 years LOVE IT!!!!!!! Anyone who thinks otherwise is flamed beyond recognition. Anyone the Bills don't get (Campbell is the latest), well, that player sucks anyway and the team that got him is stupid. I think the Bills draft flat out sucks. I think it has pretty much sucked for the last 11 years. Their record and playoff appearances bear that out but reality around here is something that does not exist. They still do not have a LT or a QB and no depth whatsoever. They reached in the 2nd round. Easley in the 4th? Another reach. Bills have pretty much drafted projects that may or may not pan out years down the line and took them all higher than they should have gone. I'm calling next year's 1st overall pick right now. Jake Locker and he will be a Buffalo Bill. I do think even Oakland has done better than the Bills. I would have loved to have Baltimore's draft. Ozzie Newsome knows what he is doing. That's why Baltimore has a ridiculously great defense every year. Ralph was right. The Bills have been dull and continue to be dull. He forgot to mention they still suck.

Actually, they are doing what they should have done years ago- starting over. And that will bring a high pick next year. Our defensive line is significantly better. We finally have an explosive playmaker on offense- I was horrified by the Lynch pick a couple years ago. More pieces will be put in place next year.

You think Ralph would take him and pay him?

Not me

We had arguably one of the 3 best drafts of any NFL team last year, if not the best draft...but its sucked for the last 11 years? This board never ceases to amaze with the abundance of ignorant statements...at least its entertaining

lol some of you guys are retarded...no one including the experts knows what any of the players will do. Look back year after year and see all the stars that turned up the were either considered reach picks or never heard of guys. Its a crap shoot. The only sure thing is that every other team passed on claussen several times for a reason..HE SUCKS, He will suck and is as good as he will every be.

It is not like the Buffalo Bills need a QB or anything...Raiders making much stronger picks and picking up a solid QB.

San Diego gets a NT in Cam Thomas that is arguably BETTER then Trouple 3 ROUNDS later.

Bills could have grabbed Clausen in Round 2 and STILL got a NT.

Simply unbelievable.

I can really say, even the Lions are having a great day, Buffalo is now the cesspool of the NFL when it comes to organizations.

This is the lowest of the low.

How the hell are the owning the bills?? Really...their first round pick was a reach, he is the best ILB in the draft but picked about 15 picks early He is slow for the NFL.

2nd round pick wash

3rd round pick they picked an OT who is a project

4th round another project ot who is injury prone

5th round average cb

traded for a retread QB who is average to below average and a loser....yeah they owned us...lord

This is not about believing those taking heads...this is about just observing how other teams draft and how we do...Baltimore and Philadelphia CONSISTENTLY understand how this works..

Well this is year one of a major rebuild with a new football savvy FO. Ravens and Eagles are far ahead of us in talent at this point so we are drafting from a much different place than they are. You are in such angst...relax, this is a good draft.

yeah, the "Bill's" scouting department.....nice Buffalo apostrophe

I have a tendency to give the Bill's scouting department the benefit of the doubt. I am going to guess that they watched more fill than I did or the 1000s of people who put mock drafts on the web.

I am starting to agree. Also look at Baltimore's draft they are killing us, Kindle, Cody, Arthur Jones, much better defensive selections than ours.

Agreed. The frustrating thing is they are the all the sort of players it sounded like Nix would be drafting. Guys with a track record of success that dominated at a very high level. Cody was a linchpin of a national championship winning defense. Troup was second team Conference USA. Who was first team Conference USA at tackle?? Why didn't we draft them instead?

The draft is not just about taking the player you like most on the board... it is about taking some risks and management. New England has proven that repeatedly. They've stockpiled picks by doing things like trading down, getting an extra pick, and grabbing a guy like Troup 20 picks later. There is little reason to think Nix couldn't have traded down for a team coveting Claussen, grabbed Troup, and obtained an extra fourth and grabbed a guy like Bruce Campbell.

It appears that Nix ran this draft from a scouts perspective as opposed to a GM. Instead of wheeling and dealing and taking risks, Nix played the draft straight up, seemingly picking the guy he felt was the best player available as opposed to looking at the bigger picture and figuring out a way to turn other teams needs into his advantage in the forms of extra picks or players.

And for a team that doesn't have a QB and is so woeful on the Offensive Line, that may have been the biggest risk of all.

Agreed. The frustrating thing is they are the all the sort of players it sounded like Nix would be drafting. Guys with a track record of success that dominated at a very high level. Cody was a linchpin of a national championship winning defense. Troup was second team Conference USA. Who was first team Conference USA at tackle?? Why didn't we draft them instead?

The draft is not just about taking the player you like most on the board... it is about taking some risks and management. New England has proven that repeatedly. They've stockpiled picks by doing things like trading down, getting an extra pick, and grabbing a guy like Troup 20 picks later. There is little reason to think Nix couldn't have traded down for a team coveting Claussen, grabbed Troup, and obtained an extra fourth and grabbed a guy like Bruce Campbell.

It appears that Nix ran this draft from a scouts perspective as opposed to a GM. Instead of wheeling and dealing and taking risks, Nix played the draft straight up, seemingly picking the guy he felt was the best player available as opposed to looking at the bigger picture and figuring out a way to turn other teams needs into his advantage in the forms of extra picks or players.

And for a team that doesn't have a QB and is so woeful on the Offensive Line, that may have been the biggest risk of all.

Seriously, you're citing NE? Look at their first round picks over the last six years. Find one guy who was worth a first round pick that they used. The fact is, you say Baltimore is having a better draft? On what are you basing that? None of the players for either team have played a down. I'm not saying you are wrong but how do you make that assessment?

Cody is not an every down NT. He is a one or two down player. They can afford to take him because they have Ngata already, who is another one to two down NT. Now they have a solid rotation. Buffalo didn't have anyone that was a true three down NT. Troup has that potential and showed it at UCF.

Campbell has a lot of raw talent and the physical tools, but there is a reason that he fell into the fourth round, and was taken by the team that always covets physical attributes over football players. Buffalo needs serious help and if a player they had targeted was going to be there at their pick, why would them move?

People on this board only seem interested in flashbang style moves that grab headlines, like trades and any shiny toy that they didn't select that the cursory college fans on this board have heard about from some draft magazine or predictions from their Madden game. Seriously, get real. There are reasons 31 other teams passed on the guys you listed, sometimes multiple times. Are you saying all of those FOs are dumber than you? Get real.

It is not like the Buffalo Bills need a QB or anything...Raiders making much stronger picks and picking up a solid QB.

San Diego gets a NT in Cam Thomas that is arguably BETTER then Trouple 3 ROUNDS later.

Simply unbelievable.

I can really say, even the Lions are having a great day, Buffalo is now the cesspool of the NFL when it comes to organizations.

You are a freaking joke. Clausen and other "names" fell for a reason.

You say Cam Thomas is better than Troupe? LOL why do you even bother speaking? CAM THOMAS FELL ALL THE WAY TO THE FIFTH ROUND for a reason, Einstein. You have NO IDEA where Troupe would have gone had the Bills not taken him. He might have been the very next pick taken. The Bills scouts thought he was the best NT. And you know better? Or maybe a few amateur blogs? Please. I don't believe Troupe would have gotten out of the 2nd round, no way. Take some Nyquil and call it a day.

ir

Campbell is solid? LOL! yea ok. They have Russel, LOSTMAN and Campbell on their roster. You guys kill me...why don't you make your judgements after seeing the draft picks play.

If it's an open and fair competition, JP could indeed become the starter. :lol:

Simply unbelievable.

JUMP, Please!