Truth to Torrel Troup

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I looked. And what I saw is that the Colts, Saints, Chargers, Packers, and Cardinals o-line are very good. Yeah, they might have one weakness, but overall they're very strong.

We should try to emulate them and get strong o-lines too. The fastest way to do that is to bring in a guy at LT who is a high-round pick. The second-best way to do that is to pick a developmental guy, coach him for two to four years, let the line gel together and then put the developmental guy into aline that already functions well together. The problem with this method is that it takes years and ends up with your QB taking a horrible pounding and possibly even changing from the young Trent Edwards to the present Trent Edwards.

I stopped reading after that. No, they all don't have VERY GOOD o-lines. You are incorrect sir.

Boolay= new TSW slanguage for ignore

After reading this thread I was thinking the same thing...

To make this post relevant, I have to say I like this Troup kid and don't give a crap what some 'experts' have to say about him or where he was drafted. He's a true 3-4 NT and will contribute right away, greatly helping our run defense. Sounds like good value in round 2 to me.

To make this post relevant, I have to say I like this Troup kid and don't give a crap what some 'experts' have to say about him or where he was drafted. He's a true 3-4 NT and will contribute right away, greatly helping our run defense. Sounds like good value in round 2 to me.

if the Bills's (or other teams') front office were on TV and the internet as much as the "experts", beating into our head where they thought players should go, then no one would be surprised or upset when they made their picks.

as it stands, the "experts" do nothing but guess. and (stupid) people take their word as gold. because again, we hear it so often. and because we have nothing else to go on for the entire offseason. we start off thinking "well, these guys know more than i do" and when their picks dont pan out, THEY and WE blame it on the FOs being stupid.

it's completely back-asswards.

if the Bills's (or other teams') front office were on TV and the internet as much as the "experts", beating into our head where they thought players should go, then no one would be surprised or upset when they made their picks.

as it stands, the "experts" do nothing but guess. and (stupid) people take their word as gold. because again, we hear it so often. and because we have nothing else to go on for the entire offseason. we start off thinking "well, these guys know more than i do" and when their picks dont pan out, THEY and WE blame it on the FOs being stupid.

Exactly. I listen to them, but try to formulate my own opinions without mindlessly following a talking head's guidance.

Exactly. THANK YOU!

Anyways, I didn't click that link to the NFl draft tracker...but let me guess...the highest rated player in round 2 was who...CLAUSEN? Just a guess.

So does that mean every team that passed on him in the 2nd is going to be terrible? Absolutely NOT.

Drink the cool-aide dipsheet. Every Year around this time you have Hope. Every year around this time you rationalize the great picks.. The reality of it is that every year that we do not address our REAL BASIC NEEDS is another lost season. I'll make it simple for you since you obviously don't know sheet about FBALL. It all starts with the Offensive Line, Period end of story. Without an Offensive line you could have Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and OJ Simpson and your team will still suck. This team continues to pander to those in the sales department and the need to sell tickets. I'll waive my consulting fee.

I agree with you that the offensive line is important, but is it quality players who have futures you want, or do you just want warm bodies there? From your analysis, I can tell you know as much as I do about college football and the players (which is zip aside from what the talking heads say), so how can you make a claim that any player at those positions who were available when we picked were going to be: 1. worth the pick; or 2. become a starter in the NFL.

Also, I think you could make a better agruement that everything in football starts with the QB and nowhere else. If that's the case, again, do you want warm bodies there or someone with a real chance to play. If you can't get a guy with talent who you think will be a good player, then should you force the issue (as it seems we've been doing for a while - Whitner, M Williams, JP Losman, Lynch, Maybin, Flowers) or should you just take the player you feel is going to be the best NFL players over the course of their careers?

Good post.

Very much the reality.

I just read an article from the Orlando paper. The guy has overcome a lot in life and was forced to be a man before his time.

Admittedly, I did not know a lot about him before although I did see him play a game against the Canes. The more I learn about him, the more I like the pick.

One of the themes of our picks is that each one is a good player, a hard worker, and a good kid.

And. most of these kids appear to be SMART too ... Spiller graduating early ... Easley an academic scholarship ...

Except for the fact that the organization that we love hasn't made the playoffs since 1999 and has had some down right bad draft picks. That translates to no credibility and heavy skepticism despite the fact that we have a new regime at the helm in Buddy/Chan.

Agreed. We saw one NT drop to the 4th or 5th round and Cody will be backing up Ngata after being picked farther down in Round 2. Buddy saw all of the NT's and had his choice between the remaining top 3. He liked Troup. I like is reasonings. Cody weighs more, but is a mass of fat up top. Troup is lighter than Cody but has the majority of his weight in his legs and it's muscle. NT's drive with their legs. Troup played every down in college. He won't have to do that here. So I'm going with what Buddy thinks. Could we have gotten him later? Maybe, but if you really wan the guy, get him while you can.

Every expert who knew for sure that the Bills would pick Claussen at #9 (Kiper and his basement groupies) based on their inside information and expertese at flipping coins will continue to blast this draft but if you spend time reading about these kids and pulling up film ... it looks like Buddy got the job done!!

Now let's be the first to sign them all and get ready for the FISH!!!

Well I don't care how he plays...fact remains that he should have been drafted lower, so I will have a hard-on for every play he misses and scream for a trade for each one. I will curse the ground that Nix stands on and say that he was unworthy of a 2nd rounder. I will do this ad nauseum.

To the OP, nice post. Thanks for sharing!!!

Well I don't care how he plays...fact remains that he should have been drafted lower, so I will have a hard-on for every play he misses and scream for a trade for each one. I will curse the ground that Nix stands on and say that he was unworthy of a 2nd rounder. I will do this ad nauseum.

To the OP, nice post. Thanks for sharing!!!

:thumbsup:

JFP......

You got it backwards. I'm sure you meant to say some big name turd like Cody, not some playmaker out of UCF.

After all here are some "big name / big school" names the Bills have drafted:

Greg Tinker Bell; Tony Hunter; Walt Patulski; Jeff Burris - All Notre Dame / All No 1 picks

Tom Cousineau; Donte Whitner; Ashton Yourbooty - The Ohio State University

Mike Williams - Texas

Erik Flowers - Arizona

Willis MacGahee - The "U"

Todd Collins - Michigan

I'll take these small-school, no-name "turds" any day:

Andre Reed - Kutztown

Don Beebe - Chadron St

Fred Jackson - Coe College

Pete Metzellars - Wabash

Howard Ballard - Alabama A&M

Jeff Wright - Central Missouri State

Leon Seals - Jackson State

Jack Kemp - Occidental

Jamie Mueller - Benedictine

The moral of the story...pick players WHO CAN PLAY!! :thumbsup:

Let's see 5 years down the road, who the better player is. Cody or Troup

Troup is 6'3" and according to Nix is already at 320#, and since his weight is mostly in his lower half, he can add another 15-20#. Besides that, he's strong, doing 34 reps of 225#, has long arms, and is a 3-down/4 quarters player. I could give a rip where the "experts" thought he'd go, and given the run on DT's in the 2nd, it's doubtful he would have even made it to the 3rd.