Lynch will be gone by tonight!

I'm calling my shot right now. Marshawn will be gone tonight en-route to Seattle for their 2nd or 3rd round pick. I think this will be a smart move on the Bills part. I know I've been hard on the Bills for not being active enough in free-agency, but I honestly think they will be THE most active team tonight on through Saturday. Put it this way...THEY HAVE TO!

I mean, think about it, Russ and company haven't hit the "big aquisition" this offseason in free agency. I think the following may happen:

1. Lynch to Seattle for 2nd and/or 3rd.

2. Buffalo picks an O-Lineman (either Trent Williams or Brian Bulaga) with #9 OR:

3. Trades the #9 to Pittsburgh for Roethlisberger. OR:

4. Trades the 3rd, 4th, or 5th for Jason Campbell.

5. If they do have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th, select Tebow, LeFevour, or Pike.

Trust me, Buffalo can not expect to sell tickets with the moves (or lack there of) they've made so far. You can not expect to sell a team to the fans after watching Edwards the last couple of years or with Ryan Fitzpatrick leading the way. Chan Gailey wants to make his own mark on this team, just like any other new head coach. This team has Dick Jauron and Marv Levy written all over it! Gailey and Nix WILL make moves tonight! And if not, that will suck and they're even dumber than we thought!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at this point, they're tired of making moves for the sake of ticket sales. They want to really develop a winning team, through proper growth and management. Nix and Gailey shouldn't care about ticket sales. That's Russ's job, and he is no longer involved in the actual FOOTBALL aspects of the team...only the operations and marketing. He doesn't control the FO anymore.

So I will respectfully disagree with your moves, and say that they WON'T be doing any of them. Just my guess.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that if Marshawn gets traded, it will be to his hometown of Oakland. In exchange, the Bills would get Darren McFadden, who is rumored to be on the trading block and who would also be a much better fit in an offense like Gailey's that spreads the field than in Oakland. Both teams and both players benefit.

The one catch is money, but without the signing bonus to worry about, I'd guess that McFadden would be cheaper than drafting Spiller at 9.

Trust me, Buffalo can not expect to sell tickets with the moves (or lack there of) they've made so far. You can not expect to sell a team to the fans after watching Edwards the last couple of years or with Ryan Fitzpatrick leading the way. Chan Gailey wants to make his own mark on this team, just like any other new head coach. This team has Dick Jauron and Marv Levy written all over it! Gailey and Nix WILL make moves tonight! And if not, that will suck and they're even dumber than we thought!

So the ticket renewal form showing Moorman punting from his own end zone didn't do anything for you?

I'm calling my shot right now. Marshawn will be gone tonight en-route to Seattle for their 2nd or 3rd round pick. I think this will be a smart move on the Bills part. I know I've been hard on the Bills for not being active enough in free-agency, but I honestly think they will be THE most active team tonight on through Saturday. Put it this way...THEY HAVE TO!

I mean, think about it, Russ and company haven't hit the "big aquisition" this offseason in free agency. I think the following may happen:

2. Buffalo picks an O-Lineman (either Trent Williams or Brian Bulaga) with #9 OR:

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground. Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground.

What does Russ have to do with hitting the "big acquisition"? I'm going to say none of your proposals happen. You might be close on the Tebow thing, but it won't be with our second round choice, he'll most likely be gone by then.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that if Marshawn gets traded, it will be to his hometown of Oakland. In exchange, the Bills would get Darren McFadden, who is rumored to be on the trading block and who would also be a much better fit in an offense like Gailey's that spreads the field than in Oakland. Both teams and both players benefit.

The one catch is money, but without the signing bonus to worry about, I'd guess that McFadden would be cheaper than drafting Spiller at 9.

That makes sense for us, but if I'm in charge of things in Oakland, the last thing I'd want is Lynch back home with his posse. The trouble he would get into in the half season before Goodell banned him wouldn't be worth it. However, if Oakland is stupid enough to trade for Lynch, I'd do it.