South Park creators threatened over depiction of Muhammad in recent ep

Fezmid

Censorship for no reason other than fear. Are you good with explosives? If you bomb the network headquarters because of all their crappy shows, they just might start censoring bad shows.

Does anyone know if they ever re-air the Super Best Friends episode? If they do, have they now censored Muhammed out of that one?

If we start editing South Park the terrorists have won. :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm torn between the rights of freedom of speech and the use of good common sense. Considering the sensitivity of the issue and previous recent history of the actions of some of these extreme islamic fundamentalists, I would have to say that the subject matter that was used from the South Park crew was reckless and most likely put more people at risk of some sort of lash back from the extremist community. It's one thing to put yourself at risk, but it's another to disregard the safety of others.

I mean these guys are funny, they can always find good material, but this subject matter in my view should of been avoided.

If it turns out that this is somehow connected to SouthPark, the New York City Bomb Scare, this is exactly what I was referring to. It's such a sensitive matter, that unfortunately stirs the pot for all the extremist crazies, and that is something that I believe needs to be taken into account, specially when OTHER people's lives are at risk.

If it turns out that this is somehow connected to SouthPark, the New York City Bomb Scare, this is exactly what I was referring to. It's such a sensitive matter, that unfortunately stirs the pot for all the extremist crazies, and that is something that I believe needs to be taken into account, specially when OTHER people's lives are at risk.

THE POT MUST BE STIRRED! Not stirring this particular pot puts everyone's lives, and certainly their freedoms, at risk.

Cowering to extremist whackjobs is not the answer.

-The van was driven by Scott Breneman, while listening to a radio head cd, eating a bowl of chili knowing all along that he is Cartman's half brother!

-They didn't kill Kenny.

-Sheriff Barbrady should have been referenced in all news coverage.

-Anyone who believes in God/Buddha/etc could be considered fanatic. Religion should be a great thing but the greed of man has destroyed the great book of moral stories referred to as the Bible. If believing that any object; bicycle tire, for example, makes you live a better life than more power to you. The Bible has great stories of moral character in it, however, when over analyzed and people try to draw meaning out of every word there is a problem. The same is done over the constitution.

-Religion is obsolete

THE POT MUST BE STIRRED! Not stirring this particular pot puts everyone's lives, and certainly their freedoms, at risk.

Cowering to extremist whackjobs is not the answer.

I hear you, and I'm not advocating that there should be some sort of restricted first amendment right on this particular situation, however, considering the extreme sensitivity of this issue, the guys from South Park should in my view be cognizant of the ramifications of their actions. As I stated earlier, it is one thing to put yourself in danger, but to put others in harms way is another.

What would of happened if this bomb would of gone off, motivated by the SouthPark episode and lets say 10, 20 or 50 people would have died? I don't know about you, but if innocent people died because of something that I created all in the name of laughter, I would have a hard time coping with that. Now, maybe these guys could simply say "It's my legal right to ridicule whomever I please, and by not stirring the pot, it puts everyone's lives, and certainly their freedoms, at risk, so I can live with this just fine."

I don't know, maybe they can do that, maybe you can as well, but without a doubt, there would be blood on their hands, right or wrong, they would have to forever live with that. Meanwhile, not only would these people of died, but many families would be seriously damaged and in some cases destroyed, and you know damn well that the U.S wouldn't sit idly, twiddling their thumbs, a whole new level of hatred for Muslims would emerge here in the U.S and other lives would surely die as a result of our response. The collateral damage would be enormous.

All I'm saying is that under the present circumstances, regarding this topic, personal discretion would be better advised, in my opinion.

All I'm saying is that under the present circumstances, regarding this topic, personal discretion would be better advised, in my opinion.

Last week's episode of "The Good Wife" (great show, BTW) covered this very topic.

I hear you, and I'm not advocating that there should be some sort of restricted first amendment right on this particular situation, however, considering the extreme sensitivity of this issue, the guys from South Park should in my view be cognizant of the ramifications of their actions. As I stated earlier, it is one thing to put yourself in danger, but to put others in harms way is another.

What would of happened if this bomb would of gone off, motivated by the SouthPark episode and lets say 10, 20 or 50 people would have died? I don't know about you, but if innocent people died because of something that I created all in the name of laughter, I would have a hard time coping with that. Now, maybe these guys could simply say "It's my legal right to ridicule whomever I please, and by not stirring the pot, it puts everyone's lives, and certainly their freedoms, at risk, so I can live with this just fine."

I don't know, maybe they can do that, maybe you can as well, but without a doubt, there would be blood on their hands, right or wrong, they would have to forever live with that. Meanwhile, not only would these people of died, but many families would be seriously damaged and in some cases destroyed, and you know damn well that the U.S wouldn't sit idly, twiddling their thumbs, a whole new level of hatred for Muslims would emerge here in the U.S and other lives would surely die as a result of our response. The collateral damage would be enormous.

Respectfully, if people were murdered by a bomb because of a cartoon 100% of the blame should be on the murderers.

I think the lesson with the '201' controversy is if you want to get your way, threaten violence...very sad.

Respectfully, if people were murdered by a bomb because of a cartoon 100% of the blame should be on the murderers.

It does, no disputing that. Let me ask you a simple question, if you were the maker of South Park, and you knew that there was a real chance that your new episode could endanger people's lives, which could possibly escalate into something much worse, would you go through with it?

It does, no disputing that. Let me ask you a simple question, if you were the maker of South Park, and you knew that there was a real chance that your new episode could endanger people's lives, which could possibly escalate into something much worse, would you go through with it?

Simple question but I'm not sure if there's a simple answer. If I were to say yes...in your eyes would that make me responsible in your opinion if someone died? I'm unsure if NOT making the cartoon would spare lives. Let's say this attack caused death, and it came out that the culprits were taking revenge for the Santa Clause in a bear costume on the show, if there was no South Park imo they would have blamed it on something else in Western Culture. My point is these people are murderers hiding behind a religion and are looking for any excuse.

Simple question but I'm not sure if there's a simple answer. If I were to say yes...in your eyes would that make me responsible in your opinion if someone died? I'm unsure if NOT making the cartoon would spare lives. Let's say this attack caused death, and it came out that the culprits were taking revenge for the Santa Clause in a bear costume on the show, if there was no South Park imo they would have blamed it on something else in Western Culture. My point is these people are murderers hiding behind a religion and are looking for any excuse.

And you have to love the "some guy told me what they did, so now I'm angry" line of thought. Don't you actually have to see something to be offended by it?

Yes.

Cartoons don't kill people. People kill people.