A Top Ten Pick Might Land Big Ben

Munch

I'm not sold on him being a QB that takes a team on his shoulders. He won Superbowls on very good teams. It doesn't seem worth it.

Not saying that he should suit up as a Bill, and not commenting on the alleged rape incident (because I don't have the info to judge or express an opinion) but if what we are talking about is Ben the QB, then yes I think you should buy it.

Ben is a genuine gamechanger. In any sport, the great players are the ones who have the physical ability and the will to take control of the game, especially in clutch situations. Those two perfectly placed passes to Holmes in the superbowl (the first to the left corner being incomplete, the second to the right corner a game winning touchdown) are the epitome of repeat clutch performance.

Like him or not Ben is a great quarterback.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Rapelsburger raped or tried to rape 3 to 4 know women, and we do not have a clue how many did not speak up, But the decision to not bring him in is only because Ralph Wilson is Cheap? We had the 12 highest paid team in the league did Ralph get what he paid for ?

numbers suggest that rape reported to the police is actually 1/6th of that which occur(ie 1 in 6 reported). I am not saying Ben tried to rape 20 women, but the chances are, it is more then what is being claimed. rapists/ sex offenders rarely/if ever/boarderline line commit just once. Almost all are serial, and are fed by the need to overpower another person/woman, not sexual in the least.

so does Big Ben seem like a guy who is consumed with power, and exerting it over others.

i dont know how i went off on a rape lecture whoops

Keep in mind the Bills highly coveted Ben the yr he was drafted but could not find any partners who wanted to trade spots with the Bills. I'll take Hippo face any day for our 1st rd pick.

Damn Jaguars.

"Oh, we're not gonna get a receiver or whatever the hell it is we need if we trade with the Bills"

Considering we were talking 2 or 3 spots their guy definitely would have been there.

Remember when we were hoping that the Bills would trade up to #11 to draft him? lol

Who knows -- if he'd hung out with McGahee at Applebee's instead of trolling the bar scene in rural Georgia, maybe none of this ever would have happened.

I want to win. I know hes a scumbag and in NO WAY implied he is innocent. But, I think for a 1st round pick, hes well worth it. Do I want him dating my sister? No way. Do I want him under center for the bills? Hell yeah.

Dating your sister? That's not the issue dude.

The issue is that when he's in town, he's a possibility to be butt-bopping your sister whether or not you, and more importantly, whether or not SHE wants to or not.

Even from a pure winning football question, since he's already a repeat problem-child, he's likely to do something else stupid/evil in the future, and get himself suspended for even more games. Not helpful.

Sooo lets waste our top ten pick on a guy who has character issues and is going to miss the first 4-6 games? pass

I heard about this at work today, and my first reaction was: "YES! Let's go get Rothlesberger!"

Then, about 1 minute later I said waitamminit...this is arguably THE most important position on a football team. This is supposed to be the leader of the team. I'm not sure if he's received his suspension yet, but I would imagine that he will be out for some time.

For all of the reasons I would not want Vick, I have to then be consistent and state that I would also not want a loose cannon like Rothlesberger running the Bills.

Like Nix has said, grabbing other teams free agents may help us get better quick and in the short run, but to build a real winner that has staying power, it will take time to build.

I say let's take the time and pass on other people's trash.

Think the real point is there is a pattern and he does not seem to be learning anything. It's remarkable the extent to which folks looking for the quick, easy answer instead of giving the new guy a chance to build a team with his own brand of football. Why swipe up a legally troubled Big Ben, trade for McNabb, or take somebody elses cast off. We need to draft and develop a solid NFL quarterback and build solid lines, then we will have a team that is good for a while, and competative each year, like the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, Packers, Colts, Eagles, Jets have done or seems to be doing.

Drew Bledsoe was our last quick wein. While it provided a temporary boost, it was not long before we were back at square 1.

A pattern of being accused ?

The Nevada case is un-arguably the case of a gold digger. There were over ten (100% of them mind you) first hand accounts willing to testify that the relations between Ben and that Girl were concensual. Then she waits a year to file a civil lawsuit for money.... Come on people think about it!

The second case is more difficult, but just because a second accuser comes out doesnt mean he did anything. Just ask the Duke Lacrosse team.

A pattern of being accused ?

The Nevada case is un-arguably the case of a gold digger. There were over ten (100% of them mind you) first hand accounts willing to testify that the relations between Ben and that Girl were concensual. Then she waits a year to file a civil lawsuit for money.... Come on people think about it!

The second case is more difficult, but just because a second accuser comes out doesnt mean he did anything. Just ask the Duke Lacrosse team.

Excellent post. I still think the Steelers are going to want a lot more than just our #9. I would think it's going to be at least one first rounder, and then maybe next year's, and then some lower round picks. Would it be worth it?

This doesnt make sense, you say its too high of a price to pay for Big Ben, but you would pay it for Clausen? How many superbowls has Clausen won?

I dont want him because he is a scumbag, not because I think the price is too high. I would give it before I use it on a unknown like Clausen

1. I don't want him for moral reasons.

2. That price is too high.

3. That really limits who can make a move for him.

4. I hope the Niners make the deal, allowing Clausen to fall to us.

5. The fact that this story is out now is bad news for the Steelers' team chemistry.

The Rochester D&C's Sal Maiorana tweeted the Bills are probably "too lame" to trade for Rottenburger.

Buffalo's franchise reputation is a few eyelashes above Oakland's. The reason for this and why they won't get Roethlisberger are the same: he's too costly. Assuming his big contract goes against the Bills plan of maximizing revenue and not committing to any more than they have to salary wise.

Roethlisberger needs to grow up, but his talent is unmistakable on a team with a middling OL. Pittsburgh is overreacting and panicking right now, but I still wouldn't offer any more than a 2nd and perhaps a 5th.