Tebow at 9. OK. I said it.

PIZ

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes more sense than taking someone else at 9 and then trading 2 picks to move back in the first for Tebow or Colt. He is exactly what this team needs. Leadership, and someone to grow with Gailey. For crying out loud, Sanchez wasn't a great QB and the Jets went to the AFC championship. I was for taking OT in the first, but they and everyone else is a gamble. Why not take someone that can change the entire atmosphere of the locker room?

I really think Tebow will be the pick. Believe me, I never thought I would say it, but we need him on this team.

I agree with a lot in this article

Let's jut sink the Jags and make them move. I would be fine with it.

I think he could change the attitude of the team IF..... he becomes the de facto starting QB. If the Bills (or any other team for that matter) pick him and use him in another position or as strictly a wildcat QB option, then I think that effect will be greatly diminished.

I would like to see him on the Bills as well. I'm not so certain though, that grabbing him at #9 is in the Bill's plans. I think he slides into a high 2nd round pick.

You guys are making me feel better about not drafting Tebow. Thanks for all of your input. I wish I had some idea of what the Bills were going to do.

When does Mayock come out with his Mock Draft?

He has leadership, yes. But, I also haven't heard 1 NFL guy say he wouldn't succeed. Gruden, Mayock, NFL Scouts, Kiper, all fealt he would succeed. The only guys I have heard say he would fail are guys like us and one guy on the Jaguars.

I think it makes more sense to get your QB at 9 rather than trading 2 picks that we need, to trade up for one. And if we wait until our round 2 pick to get our QB, he (Colt or Tebow) will be gone.

There is NOT 1 guy in this draft that is a can't miss. Mike Williams was supposed to be a top flight LT and look how that panned out. Look at all the flops we've had in the first round - McGahee (traded), Losman, Whitner, McCargo, Maybin (still early though), Flowers, Williams,......... Tebow, in my opinion, which is the opinion of a lot of NFL guys, will make sure he succeeds. If he succeeds, the Bills succeed.

Polian does not seem to think he is going to be a great QB.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...ts-in-the-nfl/1

Id rather take a chance on Tebow than A. Davs or D Williams or some other fat bum who is not dedicated and not very good.

Physically he has the size, the arm strength, and the hand size. He throws teh best deep ball in this draft hands down. He is the most athletic QB in this class, maybe the most athletic to ever test at the combine

Mentally he is in an even better position moving forward than physically. Smart, dedicated, and wont be in the papers for anything buy charity work

Technique wise he is off. Footwork/throwing motion etc. This hurts his intermediate accuracy. he has already improved this a lot in a short time. If it takes 3 years to judge a class, where whill tebow be in 3 years?

Now if I am going to draft a QB, Im going to take a QB who first must have it mentally, then he must have it physically, then I will teach him the Technique.

Seems like we have a winner!

Id rather take a chance on Tebow than A. Davs or D Williams or some other fat bum who is not dedicated and not very good.

Physically he has the size, the arm strength, and the hand size. He throws teh best deep ball in this draft hands down. He is the most athletic QB in this class, maybe the most athletic to ever test at the combine

Mentally he is in an even better position moving forward than physically. Smart, dedicated, and wont be in the papers for anything buy charity work

Technique wise he is off. Footwork/throwing motion etc. This hurts his intermediate accuracy. he has already improved this a lot in a short time. If it takes 3 years to judge a class, where whill tebow be in 3 years?

Now if I am going to draft a QB, Im going to take a QB who first must have it mentally, then he must have it physically, then I will teach him the Technique.

Seems like we have a winner!

Answer: Special Teams Gunner, H-back, motivational speaker, all-around good guy, and future political candidate.

I'll give Tebow this: he's a leader and has incredible intangibles. If you can repair his mechanics and give him some time, I'm not convinced he wouldn't be NFL material. I'd still take Clausen or McCoy over Tebow any day of the week and twice on Sunday. But respect for those that like Tebow. It'll be an interesting draft.

Mike Williams was supposed to be a top flight LT and look how that panned out. \

Not meaning to pick nits, but I think Mike Williams was drafted to fill the RT spot. I'm happy to stand corrected, believe me. But I remember thinking "Whiskey-Tango-Lima-Foxtrot" on Draft Day 2002. What on earth did we need a RT for? But I gave Snow White the benefit of the doubt, and THAT ended about 4 months later.

I'm clueless as to the mindset of the Brain Trust - just like everyone else on this board. But my $0.02 says that Buddy Nix is really enjoying the fact that he's finally made GM of an NFL team.

He's put in his time.

He's kissed the appropriate ass.

He's twisted the appropriate arms.

He's broken the appropriate knees.

He's blackmailed the appropriate opponent.

In the words of Mel Brooks, "It's good to be the King". It's not been an easy climb, but Buddy Nix is now the General Manager of the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League. One of Thirty Two such entities in the world. A rarified venue, a winning lottery ticket, a portal to another dimension that you and I will never, ever experience.

He's not going to reach out with his left hand and push down on the flush lever, and watch his career smack repeatedly into the side of the toilet bowl by picking Tim Tebow with the #9 overall pick. Think about yourself in that situation - smack, smack, smack until the filty toilet water fills your nostrils and mouth, and the last thought in your oxygen-starved brain is along the lines of "Jesus, what was that guy eating.....?". But I digress.

Let go your enthusiasm, and picture the collective looks on the faces of Bills Nation when THAT choice is announced. Set up a stand on your front yard to sell pitchforks and torches. You'll be able to retire on the proceeds.

Not...going....to...happen...

It makes more sense than taking someone else at 9 and then trading 2 picks to move back in the first for Tebow or Colt. He is exactly what this team needs. Leadership, and someone to grow with Gailey. For crying out loud, Sanchez wasn't a great QB and the Jets went to the AFC championship. I was for taking OT in the first, but they and everyone else is a gamble. Why not take someone that can change the entire atmosphere of the locker room?

I really think Tebow will be the pick. Believe me, I never thought I would say it, but we need him on this team.

I agree with a lot in this article

I'm on board if it's the 9th pick in round 3.

Not meaning to pick nits, but I think Mike Williams was drafted to fill the RT spot. I'm happy to stand corrected, believe me. But I remember thinking "Whiskey-Tango-Lima-Foxtrot" on Draft Day 2002. What on earth did we need a RT for? But I gave Snow White the benefit of the doubt, and THAT ended about 4 months later.

I'm clueless as to the mindset of the Brain Trust - just like everyone else on this board. But my $0.02 says that Buddy Nix is really enjoying the fact that he's finally made GM of an NFL team.

He's put in his time.

He's kissed the appropriate ass.

He's twisted the appropriate arms.

He's broken the appropriate knees.

He's blackmailed the appropriate opponent.

In the words of Mel Brooks, "It's good to be the King". It's not been an easy climb, but Buddy Nix is now the General Manager of the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League. One of Thirty Two such entities in the world. A rarified venue, a winning lottery ticket, a portal to another dimension that you and I will never, ever experience.

He's not going to reach out with his left hand and push down on the flush lever, and watch his career smack repeatedly into the side of the toilet bowl by picking Tim Tebow with the #9 overall pick. Think about yourself in that situation - smack, smack, smack until the filty toilet water fills your nostrils and mouth, and the last thought in your oxygen-starved brain is along the lines of "Jesus, what was that guy eating.....?". But I digress.

Let go your enthusiasm, and picture the collective looks on the faces of Bills Nation when THAT choice is announced. Set up a stand on your front yard to sell pitchforks and torches. You'll be able to retire on the proceeds.

Not...going....to...happen...

w.t.f....

Yes, take a QB that can't throw at #9 overall. Jesus...

Season GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Sack

2007 13 172.5 350 234 66.9 3286 32 6 13

2008 14 172.4 298 192 64.4 2747 30 4 15

2009 14 155.6 304 213 70.1 2895 21 5 25

2010 Sugar Bowl Stats: 31 completions, 35 attempts, 482 yards, 3 touchdowns

all stats strictly passing

yeah, totally cant throw it at all... jesus...

Season GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Sack

2007 13 172.5 350 234 66.9 3286 32 6 13

2008 14 172.4 298 192 64.4 2747 30 4 15

2009 14 155.6 304 213 70.1 2895 21 5 25

2010 Sugar Bowl Stats: 31 completions, 35 attempts, 482 yards, 3 touchdowns

all stats strictly passing

yeah, totally cant throw it at all... jesus...

Have you ever watched him throw? It's so ugly. What were his senior bowl stats again? Far be it for me to agree with Jerry Jones, but he's right - why draft Tebow if he's never going to see the field? Gimmicky college quarterbacks don't translate to successful NFL quarterbacks. The only thing worse than drafting a gimmicky quarterback is drafting one in the top ten.

Charlie Casserly just talked about him on the NFL Network: "Don't fall in love with the player, fall in love with the tape. I did not see a guy who was a natural passer, too many other issues besides the mechanics; I wouldn't take him in the first three rounds." I couldn't agree more.