Tebow at 9. OK. I said it.

PIZ

It makes more sense than taking someone else at 9 and then trading 2 picks to move back in the first for Tebow or Colt. He is exactly what this team needs. Leadership, and someone to grow with Gailey. For crying out loud, Sanchez wasn't a great QB and the Jets went to the AFC championship. I was for taking OT in the first, but they and everyone else is a gamble. Why not take someone that can change the entire atmosphere of the locker room?

I really think Tebow will be the pick. Believe me, I never thought I would say it, but we need him on this team.

I agree with a lot in this article

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes more sense than taking someone else at 9 and then trading 2 picks to move back in the first for Tebow or Colt. He is exactly what this team needs. Leadership, and someone to grow with Gailey. For crying out loud, Sanchez wasn't a great QB and the Jets went to the AFC championship. I was for taking OT in the first, but they and everyone else is a gamble. Why not take someone that can change the entire atmosphere of the locker room?

I really think Tebow will be the pick. Believe me, I never thought I would say it, but we need him on this team.

Thank God you're not the Bills GM!!!

There are worse things that could happen.

I agree that if this draft were based on intangibles, Tebow would be #1 overall. People think that we are 1 guy away from making the playoffs or winning the division. Point is, we're still a few players, and years away from competing, so if it will take a few years for Tebow to ripen, then take him and build this team through him.

i could handle that, despite what some on here say, the national pundits, etc. a left tackle is a gamble, roll the dice on tebow and see if he is the deal. think about how you felt about whitner, mccargo, maybin, this guy would at least not make me grimace. after all the bullsh-t this past decade, i say go for it, build your team around him and pray!

There are worse things that could happen.

I agree that if this draft were based on intangibles, Tebow would be #1 overall. People think that we are 1 guy away from making the playoffs or winning the division. Point is, we're still a few players, and years away from competing, so if it will take a few years for Tebow to ripen, then take him and build this team through him.

Gotta respectfully disagree, That would be the absolute worst scenario IMO. With all that Tebow has to overcome as a potential NFL QB, I wouldn't touch him before the fourth round.

Gotta respectfully disagree, That would be the absolute worst scenario IMO. With all that Tebow has to overcome as a potential NFL QB, I wouldn't touch him before the fourth round.

I said that it would take a few years for him to ripen, but if the Bills think that he can eventually be the franchise QB for this team, why would you pass on him even if it is as high as #9?

Leadership is great but if he can't play QB, which many scouts and personnel people have said, what good is it?

I really got nothing against tebow, his attitude,leadership, he working very hard. Now lets say IF the bills draft him at 9. then we better fix that o-line. I would be upset but, at the same time I kinda be happy because i know that kid would work his ass off to get better..my guess the bills might get someone else. I believe tebow might end up with cleveland browns

I said that it would take a few years for him to ripen, but if the Bills think that he can eventually be the franchise QB for this team, why would you pass on him even if it is as high as #9?

In a draft class with this many good prospects, I just wouldn't pick Tebow at that spot. It would be pure lunacy!! Doesn't make any sense at all to me. Buddy has said publicly, "We have 9 picks in the draft and we need to hit on all of them."

Tebow is simply too big of a roll of the dice as a 1st round pick.

I wouldn't like either at 9....but I'd rather have a CB than Tebow. But there's No way the Bills draft a CB or S at 9. It's the strongest and deepest area of the team.

so youd rather waste a pick on adding a player to "the strongest area of our team", than try to bring in a QB. cant say i agree with that one bit.

Leadership is great but if he can't play QB, which many scouts and personnel people have said, what good is it?

He has leadership, yes. But, I also haven't heard 1 NFL guy say he wouldn't succeed. Gruden, Mayock, NFL Scouts, Kiper, all fealt he would succeed. The only guys I have heard say he would fail are guys like us and one guy on the Jaguars.

I think it makes more sense to get your QB at 9 rather than trading 2 picks that we need, to trade up for one. And if we wait until our round 2 pick to get our QB, he (Colt or Tebow) will be gone.

There is NOT 1 guy in this draft that is a can't miss. Mike Williams was supposed to be a top flight LT and look how that panned out. Look at all the flops we've had in the first round - McGahee (traded), Losman, Whitner, McCargo, Maybin (still early though), Flowers, Williams,......... Tebow, in my opinion, which is the opinion of a lot of NFL guys, will make sure he succeeds. If he succeeds, the Bills succeed.

In a draft class with this many good prospects, I just wouldn't pick Tebow at that spot. It would be pure lunacy!! Doesn't make any sense at all to me. Buddy has said publicly, "We have 9 picks in the draft and we need to hit on all of them."

Tebow is simply too big of a roll of the dice as a 1st round pick.

ok, this is a much better explanation. i agree with how you relate it to wht Buddy has said. if they're looking for a "guaranteed" player at every pick, then that isnt the pick.