Tebow at 9. OK. I said it.

PIZ

He has leadership, yes. But, I also haven't heard 1 NFL guy say he wouldn't succeed. Gruden, Mayock, NFL Scouts, Kiper, all fealt he would succeed. The only guys I have heard say he would fail are guys like us and one guy on the Jaguars.

I think it makes more sense to get your QB at 9 rather than trading 2 picks that we need, to trade up for one. And if we wait until our round 2 pick to get our QB, he (Colt or Tebow) will be gone.

There is NOT 1 guy in this draft that is a can't miss. Mike Williams was supposed to be a top flight LT and look how that panned out. Look at all the flops we've had in the first round - McGahee (traded), Losman, Whitner, McCargo, Maybin (still early though), Flowers, Williams,......... Tebow, in my opinion, which is the opinion of a lot of NFL guys, will make sure he succeeds. If he succeeds, the Bills succeed.

Kiper has him as a 3rd round prospect, 16 of 21 NFL scouts surveyed thought he wouldn't be an NFL QB, Bill Polian doesn't think he will be a QB, etc..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes more sense than taking someone else at 9 and then trading 2 picks to move back in the first for Tebow or Colt. He is exactly what this team needs. Leadership, and someone to grow with Gailey. For crying out loud, Sanchez wasn't a great QB and the Jets went to the AFC championship. I was for taking OT in the first, but they and everyone else is a gamble. Why not take someone that can change the entire atmosphere of the locker room?

I really think Tebow will be the pick. Believe me, I never thought I would say it, but we need him on this team.

I agree with a lot in this article

Because games aren't won in the locker room. They are won on the field, with players who have the skill, talent and work ethic to compete at the highest level. Tebow is a really, really nice fella. He will make some nice girl a wonderful husband someday. His mechanics suck. His best club in the bag is his ability to run the football and he will not be able to do that in the NFL. His story is better than his game. Why on earth would we want a guy with this much doubt about his pro potential when there are guys with much less doubt about their future? There are developmental guys out there with just as much of a chance to turn into something down the road as Tebow and they will be around much later in the draft. What does that mean, "...grow with Gailey"?? These aren't puppies. How is that a reason to take Tebow over someone else? If we took Clausen or McCoy or Pike or Kafka, wouldn't they be rookies who "...grow with Gailey" too?

The QB situation, IMO, could be this:

Clausen at #9.

If Clausen is not available, OL at #9 and Tebow at #41.

If Tebow (or McCoy?) is not available, then DL at #41 and trade 3rd or (preferably) 4th for Jason Campbell.

If the draft develops and no QB option emerges, you go with TE/RF/BB and aim for next year.

Just a thought.

I said that it would take a few years for him to ripen, but if the Bills think that he can eventually be the franchise QB for this team, why would you pass on him even if it is as high as #9?

Because Nix has said, early and often, that they won't reach just to satisfy positional needs.

i could handle that, despite what some on here say, the national pundits, etc. a left tackle is a gamble, roll the dice on tebow and see if he is the deal. think about how you felt about whitner, mccargo, maybin, this guy would at least not make me grimace. after all the bullsh-t this past decade, i say go for it, build your team around him and pray!

Did you see him in the Senior Bowl?? His performance was one big grimace.

There are worse things that could happen.

I agree that if this draft were based on intangibles, Tebow would be #1 overall. People think that we are 1 guy away from making the playoffs or winning the division. Point is, we're still a few players, and years away from competing, so if it will take a few years for Tebow to ripen, then take him and build this team through him.

worst things could happen, that is true and i agree with that..........but who are these "people" you're referring to the Bills being 1 guy away from making the playoffs? Because I think we're about 6 players away from playoffs, and honestly...I'm much much more intelligent than NFL analyst on TV...thats the truth.

He has leadership, yes. But, I also haven't heard 1 NFL guy say he wouldn't succeed. Gruden, Mayock, NFL Scouts, Kiper, all fealt he would succeed. The only guys I have heard say he would fail are guys like us and one guy on the Jaguars.

I think it makes more sense to get your QB at 9 rather than trading 2 picks that we need, to trade up for one. And if we wait until our round 2 pick to get our QB, he (Colt or Tebow) will be gone.

There is NOT 1 guy in this draft that is a can't miss. Mike Williams was supposed to be a top flight LT and look how that panned out. Look at all the flops we've had in the first round - McGahee (traded), Losman, Whitner, McCargo, Maybin (still early though), Flowers, Williams,......... Tebow, in my opinion, which is the opinion of a lot of NFL guys, will make sure he succeeds. If he succeeds, the Bills succeed.

You won't hear guys say "He won't succeed" very often.

You'll often hear them say "He might not succeed," or "He is a project" (which means he might not succeed). And many of the pundits have said those things about Tebow.

The QB situation, IMO, could be this:

Clausen at #9.

If Clausen is not available, OL at #9 and Tebow at #41.

If Tebow (or McCoy?) is not available, then DL at #41 and trade 3rd or (preferably) 4th for Jason Campbell.

If the draft develops and no QB option emerges, you go with TE/RF/BB and aim for next year.

Just a thought.

I think we would be all right if we just simply took the best guy on the board at 9 who is not a DB, not a TE and not a WR. A blue chip DT, QB, OL, LB, DE would all be OK with me. What they can't afford is a total whiff of a pick. No way to be certain but the odds tip a bit against you when you start drafting need instead of BPA.

Did you see him in the Senior Bowl?? His performance was one big grimace.

no, i didnt see the senior bowl, but i am on pre-draft overload right now and i guess i am willing to settle for anything that offers a hint of hope. for every orlando pace, there are more mike williams's and robert gallery's, O-lineman who are a bust. granted, there are J P losman's also, just feel like it might be worth the gamble, or maybe i have jet -sanchez-envy..

It makes more sense than taking someone else at 9 and then trading 2 picks to move back in the first for Tebow or Colt. He is exactly what this team needs. Leadership, and someone to grow with Gailey. For crying out loud, Sanchez wasn't a great QB and the Jets went to the AFC championship. I was for taking OT in the first, but they and everyone else is a gamble. Why not take someone that can change the entire atmosphere of the locker room?

I really think Tebow will be the pick. Believe me, I never thought I would say it, but we need him on this team.

He'll be there at pick 9 of the 2nd Rd. That is the answer to your question. :wallbash::wallbash:<_<<_<:wallbash::lol::lol::wallbash:

so youd rather waste a pick on adding a player to "the strongest area of our team", than try to bring in a QB. cant say i agree with that one bit.

If you go with the BPA, then it's never a wasted pick. If you force a pick of Tebow @ 9, then it is a wasted pick IMO. He should not see the field as an NFL QB for at least two seasons. His delivery is a work in progress. He has major work to do with his foot work. He has never demonstrated understanding the progressions of an NFL QB in breaking down coverages and then throwing with accuracy, timing and anticipation. He is light years away from being NFL ready and he may never be.

To sum it all up......He's a PROJECT

The Bills cannot afford that with so many areas of need.

They can get a developmental QB later in the draft when it's warranted.

if it happened, and that is a huge IF, i wouldnt be upset. depending on how the rest of the draft goes. we'd need to build quite a team around him so we avoid setting him up to fail.

Ditto ... let's be honest ... we are rebuilding, so if it takes Tebow a year or two to be ready, so be it. I would be happier if they traded down and got him, but like Jerry Sullivan said, if the Bills feel that Tebow is a franchise QB, then go out and get him.

I'm now willing to trade up to get him. We can't let another team jump in front of us to pick him.

How high is high enough? I'm thinking that if we can get to pick 4 or 5 we should be safe.

Agree?

Thanks for bringing a new perspective to the Tebow debate. <_<

ah!

No way do the Bills take Tebow at 9--it would be, by almost anyone's standards, one of the biggest mistakes in the history of the franchise.

Shoot, I don't think the Bills would take him if he was available in the THIRD round.

A team with great needs would never take a prospect that almost all agree will struggle in the NFL--and one who will probably never pan out.

Very unlikely that the guy who started this thread that ignorant--just going after a reaction. After all, we do have mandatory public education in this country.