Your plans for 4/20?

Fingon

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not getting in the car if someone is drunk.

So what's your point?

:rolleyes:

I never said that people who are drunk are not impaired.....Somebody above quoted some whacked out study that claims that stoned people aren't impaired to drive.

You make them legal, be prepared for a society flooded with huge numbers of people who don't use drugs out of respect for the laws, changing their tune.

I would actually be in favor of legalization, for all the reasons stated, but this part scares me, and holds me back from fully endorsing the idea.

When I was a freshman in hs - '77, myself and my friend were about the only guys who would smoke pot, out of all the guys and girls we partied with, which was basically all the jocks, etc. in the school. We were a small Catholic school, and that probably plays into this - the idea of it being illegal I think made a lot of kids not want to do it..........Then, the next year, it became decriminalized in NYS, and wow - now the whole school was smoking it! It was reefer madness!...........I actually figured out about a year later or so that this really wasn't my thing, but for those who liked it, it changed everything after that.

I'm not getting in a car when I know the driver is stoned.

One of the guys I work with was fired today because someone saw him smoking and driving, so they called the company phone number plastered all over the car and reported it.

I would actually be in favor of legalization, for all the reasons stated, but this part scares me, and holds me back from fully endorsing the idea.

a lot has changed since 1977...

there are VERY FEW left from the generation of "this is illegal, so it must be bad. dont ask questions". about 3 generations have passed, and that is grandparents who smoke weed, parents who smoke weed, etc.

legalizing weed would not produce a large number of new smokers. anyone who wants to smoke weed, is.

a lot has changed since 1977...

there are VERY FEW left from the generation of "this is illegal, so it must be bad. dont ask questions". about 3 generations have passed, and that is grandparents who smoke weed, parents who smoke weed, etc.

legalizing weed would not produce a large number of new smokers. anyone who wants to smoke weed, is.

I'm talking about legalization of all drugs..........I saw firsthand that nobody had qualms about weed after it was decriminalized - and probably nobody even knew what that really meant, but it sounded legal, so that ship has passed (And, believe it or not, my friend used to have this harvest party and his grandmother would smoke it back then!)..........But, I'd be afraid of that whole thing happening again with harder drugs - and once it does, there is no putting the genie back in the bottle.

I'm talking about legalization of all drugs..........I saw firsthand that nobody had qualms about weed after it was decriminalized - and probably nobody even knew what that really meant, but it sounded legal, so that ship has passed (And, believe it or not, my friend used to have this harvest party and his grandmother would smoke it back then!)..........But, I'd be afraid of that whole thing happening again with harder drugs - and once it does, there is no putting the genie back in the bottle.

I'm not sure where that came from though. As far as I know, no one in this thread has stated that ALL drugs should be legalized. We've only been talking about pot. I'm not sure you would find anyone here dumb enough to suggest that the legalization of all drugs would be a good idea. Heroin (and other opiates), Cocaine (and Crack), Meth, and other drugs like those should never be legalized. They're dangerous and only lead to misery, death, crime, etc. Weed is not in that category.

So if you're talking about legalizing everything, I agree with you that it would be a bad idea.

Sure I can.

Alcohol is the 3rd leading preventable cause of death in the US at 75,000 people a year

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6089353

Marijuana has never killed anyone.

Hell, it doesn't even cause cancer

http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/2006...-to-lung-cancer

There is not one confirmed death from the use of marijuana. Not one.

Weed has never killed anyone????

How about the guy who is forced to work in the grow fields in CA and if he does anything wrong, they kill his wife and children (true story! Mexican drug cartel had a person called "the doctor" who would take peoples family members (babies, wives, children) into the basement of a house and melt them down with acid (ALIVE!!!!!) mexican police actually raided this place and found melted down bodies, or what was left of them in 35 gallon plastic barrels (there were dozens).) The cartels that run the marijuana business are ruthless and will kill anyone that gets in thier way.

And please, don't tell me how legalization will stop this, it won't.

It's never just weed.

I don't usually get in on these arguments surely because no one ever wins however sir, this statement is just plain wrong. I can actually say that I've tried most other drugs before Weed, backwards I know, but when the dust settled weed and only weed is what was left. I could probably rattle off 10 names off of the top of my head(none that you would know) of people that not only smoke just weed but detest-yes I said detest the thought of any other drug or even alcohol, hell if I drink 3 beers a week it's a stretch.

Weed has never killed anyone????

How about the guy who is forced to work in the grow fields in CA and if he does anything wrong, they kill his wife and children (true story! Mexican drug cartel had a person called "the doctor" who would take peoples family members (babies, wives, children) into the basement of a house and melt them down with acid (ALIVE!!!!!) mexican police actually raided this place and found melted down bodies, or what was left of them in 35 gallon plastic barrels (there were dozens).) The cartels that run the marijuana business are ruthless and will kill anyone that gets in thier way.

And please, don't tell me how legalization will stop this, it won't.

If they weren't selling weed, they be selling coke or meth, which they probably do sell. So to say this is all marijuana's fault is stupid.

PTR