Your plans for 4/20?

Fingon

Alright, I will concede a small point. If a 50 year old with cancer wants to smoke a joint to "feel better," I could care less, but to say that marijuana is not a problem, and we should legalize it and let everyone have it is a huge mistake. Some people (some of you) claim to "just" use pot and that is it, and that they would never do anything wrong while high, but, there is another group of people out there, who use marijuana, get high, and then decide that they need something else, or they get into dealing because it makes pot more accessible to them (" I smoke a little everyday, so why shouldn't I get a discount and supply to my friends"). Marijuana is in our grade schools (that's elementary school to anyone who doesn't get it) and it is a huge problem. Would you want your 7, 8 or 9 year old child to smoke marijuana? It all comes from the same place.

Lets just agree that I'm not going to convince you that it is bad (although some day you might have to wear shiny metal bracelets for having it) and your not going to ever make me think it's not a problem and should be dealt with.

Later!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people (some of you) claim to "just" use pot and that is it, and that they would never do anything wrong while high, but, there is another group of people out there, who use marijuana, get high, and then decide that they need something else

This statement applies to legal cigarettes and alcohol even more than it does to pot. It even applies to legal prescription drugs that are far more addictive and damaging than weed.

or they get into dealing because it makes pot more accessible to them (" I smoke a little everyday, so why shouldn't I get a discount and supply to my friends").

they wouldnt have/need that option if it was legal and available through regulated dispensaries as it currently is in California.

Marijuana is in our grade schools (that's elementary school to anyone who doesn't get it) and it is a huge problem. Would you want your 7, 8 or 9 year old child to smoke marijuana? It all comes from the same place.

So the current War on Drugs that the country has been fighting for 20+ years is a failure. All those millions of dollars spent paying people like you to solve the problem have been a complete waste as it seems the problem is getting worse, not better. Maybe it's time we revisit our stance on certain things.

Lets just agree that I'm not going to convince you that it is bad (although some day you might have to wear shiny metal bracelets for having it) and your not going to ever make me think it's not a problem and should be dealt with.

Later!

at least you can admit that you are being completely one sided on this and wont listen to facts.

This statement applies to legal cigarettes and alcohol even more than it does to pot. It even applies to legal prescription drugs that are far more addictive and damaging than weed.

they wouldnt have/need that option if it was legal and available through regulated dispensaries as it currently is in California.

So the current War on Drugs that the country has been fighting for 20+ years is a failure. All those millions of dollars spent paying people like you to solve the problem have been a complete waste as it seems the problem is getting worse, not better. Maybe it's time we revisit our stance on certain things.

at least you can admit that you are being completely one sided on this and wont listen to facts.

You hit the nail on the head, legal cigarettes, legal alcohol, and legal prescription drugs, are exactly that, LEGAL.

One could easily argue that you also are completely one sided (illegal side).

You fail to answer the key point or even admit, that there is a problem with drugs (marijuana) being in our schools.

You hit the nail on the head, legal cigarettes, legal alcohol, and legal prescription drugs, are exactly that, LEGAL.

You fail to answer the key point or even admit, that there is a problem with drugs (marijuana) being in our schools.

I can agree with that, but not as much of a problem as there is with alcohol in our schools and that's illegal for minors.

so whats the solution? to make everything illegal? ill type this slow so you might understand: THAT HAS NOT WORKED SO FAR.

there IS a problem with drugs in our schools, and the easy availability of drugs to our kids. this problem has gotten increasingly worse every year. how do you interpret this to mean that the current system is a good idea, and to solve the problem we should do more of it (make everything illegal)?

i've already stated that i think legalizing everything is a bad idea. Coke (and crack), Meth, Heroin, even prescription pills, are in a different class than weed. They ruin peoples lives and cause users to act in ways detrimental to others and society. They're highly addictive and that in itself is a cause of problems. I am just as against those drugs as you are.

my entire point here has been to state that marijuana, on it's own, is not in the same class as those other illegal drugs. FURTHERMORE, it's not even in the same class as alcohol and cigarettes and pills as those are all highly addictive.

the problem i have is that there are people, such as yourself, that think they know for a fact that marijuana is this evil plant that causes all of these problems. yet, for the most part, those same people have ZERO personal experience with it and only know what they have been told. you've never heard the expression "dont believe everything you hear"?

You expected a rational argument from a stoner? :rolleyes:

So I think most sane people can agree that impaired people are not the safest people to be around. So you want to introduce a substance (legalize it) that will more than likely increase the number of impaired people out there. Yup that's the logic of someone who loves to wake and bake.

So I think most sane people can agree that impaired people are not the safest people to be around. So you want to introduce a substance (legalize it) that will more than likely increase the number of impaired people out there. Yup that's the logic of someone who loves to wake and bake.

Well, according to this logic, I think sane people can agree that drinking alcohol impairs people correct? And are not the safest people to be around, so let's just go back to the olden days and reinstate the prohibition of alcohol (cause we all know how effective that was) which would decrease the number of impaired people out there, right? Makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:

Well, according to this logic, I think sane people can agree that drinking alcohol impairs people correct? And are not the safest people to be around, so let's just go back to the olden days and re instate the prohibition of alcohol (cause we all know how effective that was) which would decrease the number of impaired people out there, right? Makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:

Agreed, in fact we should ban alcohol and legalize MJ.

my entire point here has been to state that marijuana, on it's own, is not in the same class as those other illegal drugs. FURTHERMORE, it's not even in the same class as alcohol and cigarettes and pills as those are all highly addictive.

the problem i have is that there are people, such as yourself, that think they know for a fact that marijuana is this evil plant that causes all of these problems. yet, for the most part, those same people have ZERO personal experience with it and only know what they have been told. you've never heard the expression "dont believe everything you hear"?

To be the devils advocate...since I do work in the field of neuropharmacology, it's far from certain that marijuana is not addictive.

I have had YEARS of personal experience and although my younger self could never imagine my older self saying this...I do not endorse anyone younger than 21 using marijuana...yet most adult users started as teenagers. Legalizing it wouldn't stop kids from getting it or using it.

Well, according to this logic, I think sane people can agree that drinking alcohol impairs people correct? And are not the safest people to be around, so let's just go back to the olden days and reinstate the prohibition of alcohol (cause we all know how effective that was) which would decrease the number of impaired people out there, right? Makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:

What are you !@#$ing high...oh never mind. I so YOUR logic is to increase the number of impaired people. Back....away...from....the...bong. :doh:

actually I bet prohibition did decrease the number of impaired people, but it did also increase gang/organized crime, violence etc...hmmm...this sounds familiar.

To be the devils advocate...since I do work in the field of neuropharmacology, it's far from certain that marijuana is not addictive.

I have had YEARS of personal experience and although my younger self could never imagine my older self saying this...I do not endorse anyone younger than 21 using marijuana...yet most adult users started as teenagers. Legalizing it wouldn't stop kids from getting it or using it.

with the current setup it's easier for kids to buy weed, than to buy booze and cigarettes.

What are you !@#$ing high...oh never mind. I so YOUR logic is to increase the number of impaired people. Back....away...from....the...bong. :rolleyes:

Actually if we made alcohol illegal and made MJ legal we would decrease the number of impaired. I say it's time to get the drunks off of the road and let the potheads be lazy and stay home.

What are you !@#$ing high...oh never mind. I so YOUR logic is to increase the number of impaired people. Back....away...from....the...bong. :rolleyes:

Ok, then by THIS same logic, we should reinstate the prohibition of alcohol.

Because it would decrease the number of impaired people.

Correct?

Let's see...she's a F'ed up on "pain meds" wearing a I love weed shirt and her kids are running around the woods in diapers when it's in the 30's. If people want to use drugs that's their business, but don't let your "lifestyle" threaten your kids...her "lifestyle" threatened her kids, that's F'ed up. I quit using anything when I grew up and had kids.

Me too. It was fun in HS and college but you gotta grow up sooner or later. I am sure there are very successful people who partake in smoking but I know a hell of a lot more who never grew out of it or got decent jobs.

Ok, then by THIS same logic, we should reinstate the prohibition of alcohol.

Because it would decrease the number of impaired people.

Correct?

Put down the hemos you wastoid. Alcohol is legal. If we legalize pot then we've got boozers and stoners getting in my way. Boozers = lots of impaired people. Legalizing pot = more impaired people.

I see you're really getting into the spirit of this 4/20 thing.