Random, important question- Rio de Janeiro

saundena

Just moved to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Have any ever lived in Rio, or know anyone who does. I'm trying to find a bar or something that watches REAL football on TV- not the kind played with a spherical ball.

I'd like to find a bar or some place that hosts NFL games (maybe even the Bills) and NFL events like the draft next weekend and primetime games.

Alternatively- are there any websites that I can go to for live Bills games and NFL events?

Thanks

Good luck.....I know in Costa Rica they can get all the Miami channels, so you can watch all the Dolphins games, but as far as Brazil, that may be way too far South. I'm pretty certain part of the NFL / Directv deal allows them to have NFL Sunday ticket online starting if not this year then the next. In the mean time they also have a deal where you can watch the games after they aired for like $40 a season. That may be your best bet, or do the justin.tv / ustream route and hope for the best.

Is it true about, well... how the women....uh, ya know...groom themselves....?

He isn't gonna care -- after hearing all that Portuguese, playing soccer all the time, and listening to Lulu's wife give speeches- - he would go down on Janet Reno

Just moved to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Have any ever lived in Rio, or know anyone who does. I'm trying to find a bar or something that watches REAL football on TV- not the kind played with a spherical ball.

I'd like to find a bar or some place that hosts NFL games (maybe even the Bills) and NFL events like the draft next weekend and primetime games.

Alternatively- are there any websites that I can go to for live Bills games and NFL events?

Thanks

try tvunetworks.com they have feeds from everywhere. I watch the spherical game on there sometimes, but they carry everything as far as I know.

You could slingbox all your feeds from family or friends back in Bflo. Just set up an extra cable box that only feeds your slingbox. You control it from Rio or anywhere you can access the internet.

Thanks

I´m Brazilian, and I also live in Rio de Janeiro. So I can help you.

But first, you can always watch REAL football at Maracana Stadium, because, by definition, they use FOOT to kick the BALL... You know FOOT - BALL... :thumbsup:

We don´t have Sport bar culture, and the few you can find, prefers to host Soccer games then NFL games. Forget about sunday´s afternoon games. I know there are two places that you can watch Superbowl, you may can watch SNF and MNF in those places, I never tried to watch SNF or MNF there.

- Shenanigans, Ipanema

- Joe & Leo´s Burguer, NYCC, Barra

The easy way to watch Bills games is buying Gamepass package at NFL.com

Thanks for all of the suggestions! The draft may be a lost cause, but I'll certainly investigate the other options that some of you suggested!

To answer some of your questions:

1. Moved here for work- This is my second week here.

2. To say that the women are beautyful would be a HUGE understatement in many cases. I have a GF though..... Anyway, people dress really casually in Rio and I guess during the summer months (our winter) they wear even less clothes. You should see some of the incredibly short sun dress type-things that the girls here walk around it :thumbdown:

3. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a kicker AND a punter. Maybe some cheerleaders too- although I don't think they'd hold up very well in the cold.