Jon Gruden QB Special

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow is clearly the best interview out of the whole bunch. Too bad his arm strength and accuracy are "below average," not to mention the windup. Clausen came off like a little girl in the interview. My favorite was when he asked McCoy "what are you, 5-10, 5-11?" and all McCoy could say was "come on, man..."

also, when a play went wrong for the other QB's they took the heat, Clausen blamed it on the coaching staff for plays not coming n fast enough and another on his WR not running a correct route

Agreed on Clausen. Came off immature and uncomfortable. Don't think he is talented enough to get away with that in an NFL locker room. I also don't think he would have got away with that at a USC, Texas, or Florida either. Street/toughness factor is lacking at Notre Dame and I think he is in for a rude awakening in the NFL.

Tebow is clearly the best interview out of the whole bunch. Too bad his arm strength and accuracy are "below average," not to mention the windup. Clausen came off like a little girl in the interview. My favorite was when he asked McCoy "what are you, 5-10, 5-11?" and all McCoy could say was "come on, man..."

um, tebow has the strongest arm in the draft, per every scout in the nfl.

um, tebow has the strongest arm in the draft, per every scout in the nfl.

Well, according to McShay, Skelton (Fordham) has the strongest arm in the draft, followed by Brown (WVU) and Clark (PSU), McShay said his arm strength is "below average" and Kiper said he has "not great arm strength." CBS Sports says "his lack of arm strength that has scouts concerned." The few games I've seen him play I've never seen anything resembling a cannon, although it's not as bad as his accuracy. If you've talked to "every scout in the NFL" and they say otherwise then I apologize.

Well, according to McShay, Skelton (Fordham) has the strongest arm in the draft, followed by Brown (WVU) and Clark (PSU), McShay said his arm strength is "below average" and Kiper said he has "not great arm strength." CBS Sports says "his lack of arm strength that has scouts concerned." The few games I've seen him play I've never seen anything resembling a cannon, although it's not as bad as his accuracy. If you've talked to "every scout in the NFL" and they say otherwise then I apologize.

THey said that about Joe Montana'a arm strenght also. I guess he sucked too.

I don't get the hate on Clausen. Again, it stems from everything off the football field and is purely just a personal dislike for the guy. When he said his receiver didn't run the right route, IT ISN'T HIS FAULT! He made the hand signal, the WR got it and ignored it. And when the plays are coming in slowly, it makes it much harder to change stuff before you snap it after you have a chance to read the defense a little. Clausen made no mistake on the pick that Gruden showed (1 of his 4 on the year) and I don't understand on how that can make him "uncoachable" because he placed the blame on others.

Well the good news is that Buddy and Chan are not going to make a choice based on an ESPN show no matter how entertaining and insightful. I would rather watch Clausen bring his team back from 17 down against USC to assess his character than hyper analyze his response to a chalk talk with Gruden.

I don't get the hate on Clausen. Again, it stems from everything off the football field and is purely just a personal dislike for the guy. When he said his receiver didn't run the right route, IT ISN'T HIS FAULT! He made the hand signal, the WR got it and ignored it. And when the plays are coming in slowly, it makes it much harder to change stuff before you snap it after you have a chance to read the defense a little. Clausen made no mistake on the pick that Gruden showed (1 of his 4 on the year) and I don't understand on how that can make him "uncoachable" because he placed the blame on others.

Street/toughness factor is lacking at Notre Dame and I think he is in for a rude awakening in the NFL.

Are you aware that Clausen played on a severly injured foot which would have placed most players on the injured list? After the season he had surgery. He is still not completely recovered from that painful injury. If that doesn't meet your definition of being tough and dedicated, then nothing will. As it stands, Clausen is the most NFL ready qb in this draft. He is going to be a terrific franchise qb for the team which takes him in this draft.

I'm sure you must be aware of the fact that the Bills have had not had a legitimate franchise qb since the retirement of Kelly. That is one of the primary reasons why the Bills have been one of the lowest ranking franchises over the past decade or so.

don't know if any of you saw it or if this was posted earlier, but it was awesome! Forget tehe QB's, I really wish he was our coach! Dude was the man. Made me like Colt McCoy a bit better as well. I thought Clausen came off the worst too

Anyone have a link to the video on ESPN? Or anyone know when they will replay it? Thx.

From Walter Football:

Strengths:

Good height and great musculature

Solid arm strength

Very good deep ball accuracy

Great pass rush sense and pocket instincts

Athletic and can move chains with legs

Extremely powerful runner

Good trucking ability; picks up yards after contact

Good character and strong work ethic

Prototype leader

the scary part to me:

Player Comparison: Byron Leftwich (Passer)/Mike Alstott (Runner). Tebow has a very similar release to Leftwich and he will also struggle to read defenses in NFL. He also has Mike Alstott's elite power running attributes with the ability to get yards after contact.

BTW what do any of these "scouts" know anyway. Tebow has all of the intangibles which is a big plus. Remember Brady went on the 5th round, these guys can all play at the end of the day it's about heart and desire.

Tebow's concussion against Kentucky scares me man. Was never the same QB after that if you watched him. Looked not so good vs. Alabama.

:bag:

Please. The Trent card?

"Oh, the concussion, ..."

Bama devised a great defensive game plan, and executed it perfectly.

The Tide forced Tebow into a one dimensional player that had to read and react to the defense.

He struggled; surprise, surprise.

i don't like his face

:bag:

Please. The Trent card?

"Oh, the concussion, ..."

Bama devised a great defensive game plan, and executed it perfectly.

The Tide forced Tebow into a one dimensional player that had to read and react to the defense.

He struggled; surprise, surprise.

And then he cried, literally, on the bench. This guy is no leader of men in the NFL, is not near ready to play, and probably never will be. I can't wait until the draft is over so we will not have to listen to all the Tebow man-love around here.