Big Ben - Pitt Listening to Offers

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My impression, and most of the Pittsburgh sports media has said the same thing, is that the DA basically said "something happened, I don't have enough evidence to prove it in court"

The following post contains a lot of the local sentiment. I don't vouch for the source, but I'm hearing similiar stories from multiple media outlets.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/big-ben-to-girls...-my-shots-28034

Pretty rough stuff there. The reporter sounds like a woman scorned in a sense but on the other hand seems to have some first hand knowledge of his jackassery. But I bet there are other stories of him helping people and signing autographs and such.

Pretty rough stuff there. The reporter sounds like a woman scorned in a sense but on the other hand seems to have some first hand knowledge of his jackassery. But I bet there are other stories of him helping people and signing autographs and such.

I remember posting that link last month. This is some newer stuff from the same guy, and it doesn't sound like he's changed his opinion ...

http://justwatchthegame.com/blog/is-this-j...arning-a-lesson

I would think if feelers were being sent out, having Doug Whaley on board is a good thing.

Unless maybe Doug still doesn't like him and is familiar enough with him that he would have no interest in having him be a leader in a young rebuilding locker room......

Instead of "hiding your sister and nieces" why don't you just keep them out of frat parties and bars???/ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????...one, the kid is a straight up punk...but so was Jim Kelly...those that were comparing Clausen to Kelly have issues, Clausen is a b*tch...but Big Ben is comparable to JK...and I think they'd get along awesomely...if the steelers are serious about moving Ben, which they are sooooooo not serious about it...the Bills need to get on that horn and make it happen...

Your a fool . Rape is a serious crime.If someone wants to go into a club or bar ,they should not be afraid that they will be raped. Far as I know Ben or one of his flunkies could have slipped her some type of rape drug. This dude has aproblem and so do YOU. :rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill Cowher... is it possible that Big Ben will become Buffalo Ben Roethesberger? How many times did we hear, Ben was Donahoe's guy going into that draft and got bumped out by the Steelers? Could it be coming full circle?

I'll never forgot draft day 2004, I HAD (stupid 2010 draft) an annual poker game with a group of friends and I was psyched about Big Ben, after the Big Eli\RiversQB trade there wasn't anyone that was expected to be in the QB Market. Jax had Leftwitch, Houston had Carr, Jets had Pennington, and the Steelers had Tommy Maddox coming off of a good year.

I was talking about how this Big Ben was as big or bigger than a LB and has a great arm, he played in cold weather he is going to turn the Bills franchise around.

One of the guys was a big steelers fan, I was in the middle of my diatribe when the Steelers pick went to the podium.

I almost **** myself when I heard Roethlisberger's name . My friend started pointing and laughing immediately.

He still texts me, "Tell me again about Roethlisberger" to THIS DAY!

He can rape my whole family if the Bills get two Lombardi trophies.

I'll never forgot draft day 2004, I HAD (stupid 2010 draft) an annual poker game with a group of friends and I was psyched about Big Ben, after the Big Eli\RiversQB trade there wasn't anyone that was expected to be in the QB Market. Jax had Leftwitch, Houston had Carr, Jets had Pennington, and the Steelers had Tommy Maddox coming off of a good year.

I was talking about how this Big Ben was as big or bigger than a LB and has a great arm, he played in cold weather he is going to turn the Bills franchise around.

One of the guys was a big steelers fan, I was in the middle of my diatribe when the Steelers pick went to the podium.

I almost **** myself when I heard Roethlisberger's name . My friend started pointing and laughing immediately.

Just throwing it out there... what's our record WITH Roethlesberger next season minus a 4 game suspension? Lets set the over/under at... 9.5

I remember posting that link last month. This is some newer stuff from the same guy, and it doesn't sound like he's changed his opinion ...

http://justwatchthegame.com/blog/is-this-j...arning-a-lesson

Wow, thanks. From what I can gather from everything I have read he is grossly immature and arrogant. 9-10 when you stick a mic in these guys faces after a win you get the old "aww shucks, I have to thank god and my team mates routine."

These guys feel this sense of entitlement because the media and their inner circles feed the moron inside of them. This shtick gets old and I hope Goodel puts the fear of god in him.

Lets face it, when it comes to professional athletes, their fans and the press pump so much "wonderfulness" up their butts that they eventually begin to believe they are god like.

If he wound up playing for the Bills I would welcome it. Does he have issues? You betcha. What pro-athlete doesn't?

I whole heartedly agree with one minor clarification:

Just say no to "convicted" dog killers and rapists!

Consider "accused but never charged" dog killers and rapists! :rolleyes:

If he looked like Vick or McNabb the accused rapist would have been a convicted rapest/molester.......................so being convicted don't mean much ...............You do know this happened twice in a freaking year.......once a pervert rapist always one the next time there will not be enough money for him to have the security tape come up missing

If one of the top 5 QBs who has already won two Super Bowls is available and the price is 2 1st rounders...you pay and run, before they think twice. Its hard finding franchise QBs...we've been looking since 1996. I would gladly take Big Ben on my team. Kelly was a big partier in the era pre-internet and cell-phone cameras. Who knows what may have come out about him?

WOW you people scream like little girls because of Vicks' Pit bull Dog ring and what a silly 22 yr old was doing in the rain and hanging with friends and in the same breath you can make an exception for a Rapist/molester who was not accused once but twice in a year. Too bad he don't look like those two I am absolutely positive that you would have a different postion because I sure if rothlesberger looked like Vick , Mcnabb ,or Marshawn you would care a little more about your family getting raped for a damn :rolleyes: Superbowl ...................what an idiot

WOW you people scream like little girls because of Vicks' Pit bull Dog ring and what a silly 22 yr old was doing in the rain and hanging with friends and in the same breath you can make an exception for a Rapist/molester who was not accused once but twice in a year. Too bad he don't look like those two I am absolutely positive that you would have a different postion because I sure if rothlesberger looked like Vick , Mcnabb ,or Marshawn you would care a little more about your family getting raped for a damn :rolleyes: Superbowl ...................what an idiot

No still wouldn't care.

And I said two super bowls.

I don't want Vick and after reading the statement she gave police, wouldn't give a bag of footballs in a trade for him.

Actually, I think 1st rounder, plus Lee Evans is something the Steelers might give a sniff. They'd probably still want something else (like a future 2nd round pick). Since they dumped Santonio Holmes, they need a top line receiver. Evans in Pittsburgh would be a good fit.

What? You think they would want more than a 1st and Evans? You must be a Trent supporter if you think Evans has such little value because Evans only issue has been Trent Edwards and the rest of the bumbs passing the ball.

First off, we would be stupid to trade for Ben and include Lee...Ben throwing to Lee would make Lee a top 10 producing WR. Who would catch the ball here without Lee? Secondly, if we traded a 1st, Lee and a future 2nd round pick it would rank right up there with that stupid trade by Dallas to get Roy.

Bills trade for Big Ben, giving up their #9 pick plus something next year.

Rothlesberger refuses to report...misses most of camp

Ben finally reports after the Bills renegotiate his contract.

He's arrested for assaulting a woman in a Chippawa St bar.

He's suspended for the season by the NFL pending his trial.

Fans complain that the Bills never make any bold deals to improve the team.

PTR

Ben never makes it out of Toronto at the preseason game when he and Marshawn leave to attend the Canadian Ballet at halftime. ML insists on driving after the "show", mows down somebody in Oakville that looks familiar but says not to worry. They miss the team plane, passports are revoked annnnnddddd here are your new Toronto Argo's!

Your a fool . Rape is a serious crime.If someone wants to go into a club or bar ,they should not be afraid that they will be raped. Far as I know Ben or one of his flunkies could have slipped her some type of rape drug. This dude has aproblem and so do YOU. :bag:

I really don't know about that. In NYC, I see quite often how obsessed with celebs and starf*cking girls really are. It really is ridiculous. I'm not trying to blame the girl, but merely to point out that there are many sides to every story, especially where all parties have been drinking for several hours. So, I would really not want to jump to conclusions; we are not likely to ever know the truth regarding either incident.