So much for a second for Lynch

"Lynch Should Stay: Buddy Nix spoke about Marshawn Lynch at the beginning of today's draft luncheon and said that they expect him to be in Buffalo and the trade talk is not coming from the Bills. Him being traded is not up to him and they expect him to show up when it is mandatory. Nix said the team needs Marshawn." http://www.billsdaily.com/news/

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm trying to sell you my car, and I tell you I'm desperate to get rid of it, you're going to probably try to low ball me.

Nix saying he expects Lynch to be part of the team is just GM speak for, "we still feel he's a good player, and we should be compensated accordingly"

"Lynch Should Stay: Buddy Nix spoke about Marshawn Lynch at the beginning of today's draft luncheon and said that they expect him to be in Buffalo and the trade talk is not coming from the Bills. Him being traded is not up to him and they expect him to show up when it is mandatory. Nix said the team needs Marshawn." http://www.billsdaily.com/news/

That means almost nothing. Similar comments are frequently made right before the player in question is traded. See McNabb, Donovan.

Just like Ozzie Newsome said about Gaither....

If I'm trying to sell you my car, and I tell you I'm desperate to get rid of it, you're going to probably try to low ball me.

Nix saying he expects Lynch to be part of the team is just GM speak for, "we still feel he's a good player, and we should be compensated accordingly"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

they said on first take this morning that lynch is not likely to be traded unless the bills receive an offer that they would be foolish to refuse. they said you should expect to see him in buffalo next season since with this off-field troubles, that offer isn't likely to come.

Smokescreen maybe... but I agree with what he said.

Good. Lynch is a great player who earns every yard playing behind a turd O-line.

"We had 35 guys a day calling about this job. And some of the names would shock you."

Right Buddy.

Subterfuge is a 24/7/365 thing in the NFL.

Ross Tucker (quickly becoming my favorite NFL writer) had a column on how lying is part of NFL front office life on CNNSI.com just last week.....

I keep seeing all over the place people saying we need to trade Lynch for a 2nd round pick. Never going to happen. Santonio Holmes showed what the market will pay for trouble makers (and Holmes is WAY more proven than Lynch is), so the Bills would be wise to keep him on the team as a 2nd RB or be willing to part with him for nearly nothing.

Ross Tucker (quickly becoming my favorite NFL writer) had a column on how lying is part of NFL front office life on CNNSI.com just last week.....

I'm fine with subterfuge, but don't insult my intelligence by saying the job was wildly in demand. We all know it wasn't, and neither was the GM job for that matter.

This time of year no one should be trusted as the league heads toward draft day. I get that, but Nix has laid out some whoppers.

I keep seeing all over the place people saying we need to trade Lynch for a 2nd round pick. Never going to happen. Santonio Holmes showed what the market will pay for trouble makers (and Holmes is WAY more proven than Lynch is), so the Bills would be wise to keep him on the team as a 2nd RB or be willing to part with him for nearly nothing.

I wouldnt call Holmes more proven than Lynch...

More importantly, why is anyone actually taking what GM's pubicly say with any seriousness? Look at some implications...

1. If we want Spiller at #9, why would we tip our hand or show any desperation to trade Lynch? If someone else wants Spiller, then that puts pressure on them to trade ahead of us.

2. If we are going to trade Lynch, we need to hold to what little leverage we can. Looking to dump him kills what little leverage we have in any negotiation considering he has had off field issues, wants out, and we already have Jackson.

3. If we try and trade him and dont find a taker willing to give us enough value back to make sense, then we have to deal with him still being on the team. So of course our GM is still going to be saying things like this publicly in case we dont move him since we are not so desperate to get rid of him that we would just dump him for nothing.

I mean come on people, anything any team or GM says this close to the draft is about as reliable as a rumor that sites "sources deep within" on these boards...

Don't believe anythign around draft time. They probably have somethign worked out right now. Personally, anything less than a 3rd and keep the guy. If he doesn't handle his business properly, let him rot on the bench for another season. It's funny how money motivates.