Instead of Trading Down, Trade Up

symbiant

Do you think we would actually consider trading up to the top 5 to get Suh/McCoy/Okung?

And would Lynch and our #9 be enough?

Well if we dont trade up we could trade down, and if we dont trade down we can trade up, and i we dont trade up or down we can stay where we are at...

Do you think we would actually consider trading up to the top 5 to get Suh/McCoy/Okung?

Rumors have been flying around in Detroit that the Lions may be willing to deal their pick. They need a RB and Lynch is only a year removed from the Pro Bowl.

Lynch + #9 pick + Bills 5th or 6th maybe enough to get #2

My only issue making the trade is that usually the top 3 picks get huge sums of $$ for unproven talent. This can haunt teams for years when the cap is/if in effect.

Rumors have been flying around in Detroit that the Lions may be willing to deal their pick. They need a RB and Lynch is only a year removed from the Pro Bowl.

Apparently Tampa too (hah unintentional pun).

Anyway, I'd love to see us go out and get elite prospects, instead of settling/trading up for questionable ones.

My only issue making the trade is that usually the top 3 picks get huge sums of $$ for unproven talent. This can haunt teams for years when the cap is/if in effect.

If Bradford were there, then yes. I wouldn't do it for Clausen. Okung, Maybe.

I'm not sure either DT fits well for the 3-4 and it is a DEEP class of DTs this year.

If that deal could be done, I would do it in a heart beat.

I don't think so (Lynch). And I'd be astounded if Ralph would like to pay top 5 $$$ (can't blame him there).

Oh well - nice to dream... :devil:

I'm not worried about R.W.'s money and neither should you...He get's the County to anty up for so much in repairs and maintenance. He gets a big portion of the ticket revenue, parking revenue, NFL Merchandise revenue etc....He's not hurting for certain and I am sure he has a nice big tax write-off to boot. He has squandared big money on FA's like Langston Walkery and Derrick Dockery without blinking. That was money wasted too...So at least a high draft pick is a high reward pick with the potential to be another 90's like player like Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly and the likes! The only thing is if they want

Clausen, Bulaga, or Williams and they covet just those players...well then it's not necessary to move up to #2 in all likelihood. You can get one of those 3 at #7 by trading up with Cleveland...only 2 spots..Cleveland moved all around the draft board last year during the draft! If you want a guarantee on a specific player like Clausen or the other two OT's mentioned...then you need to get #5 pick with K.C. ...So guarantee (just about) of Clausen #5 ! If you trade up to #2

You should go for whomever remains of Suh, McCoy, or Bradford. I am almost certain Bradford will be gone with St. Louis's first pick...I think that was pretty much acknowledged by St. Louis by releasing Mark Bulger. So if you go by the

best players available at #2 your looking at Suh or McCoy which is the popular opinion, but I also share in that analysis

as well. I would go with Suh DT at #2 if we made the trade.

I am hoping that we can stand pat and get either Clausen, Bulaga, or T. Williams in that order. I believe in QB with the 1st pick over the OT even though there will be some disagreement on that issue, but that's fine as I have gone back and forth

with that issue and am finally convinced on a QB with a franchise type of selection. I am hoping the Bills get back into the

1st round though for an OT, because there definitely is some compelling reasons on that part of the arguement why we

need a more than adequate OLT.

Well if we dont trade up we could trade down, and if we dont trade down we can trade up, and i we dont trade up or down we can stay where we are at...

or, what about making a trade in which the Bills trade their first- and second-round picks to Detroit. and then, before making a selection, trade that choice to the Raiders for their first and second-round picks.

then, Buffalo could turn around and trade those two picks to Indy for Peyton Manning, after which, they then trade Peyton Manning to Detroit for two picks - say the ninth and 41st selections in the draft.

at which point, the Lions trade Manning to the Raiders for the No. 2 overall pick.

Oakland could then turn around and trade Manning to Indy for the two picks the Colts picked up in the deal with Detroit.

jw

Why would you want to? You can get a dominant player at #9...why waste draft picks for no reason?

It's my opinion that you trade up to two with Detroit or three with Tampa and you could do so by giving them our third and a future pick...you snag Okung...then, you trade down our round two pick to get back into the third round...late in the second you grab your DT and in the third your QB...you could end up with the best OT in the draft...a top five DT and a top five QB in the same draft...I've been saying this for weeks now

or, what about making a trade in which the Bills trade their first- and second-round picks to Detroit. and then, before making a selection, trade that choice to the Raiders for their first and second-round picks.

then, Buffalo could turn around and trade those two picks to Indy for Peyton Manning, after which, they then trade Peyton Manning to Detroit for two picks - say the ninth and 41st selections in the draft.

at which point, the Lions trade Manning to the Raiders for the No. 2 overall pick.

Oakland could then turn around and trade Manning to Indy for the two picks the Colts picked up in the deal with Detroit.

jw

Wow, that deal is really fair to all the teams involved!