Lee Evans is ranked at #56 amongst WR's

OMG, the crap needs to stop with Lee Evans. He is not a horrible WR but he is realistically a #2 on any good team. He is a one trick pony. Cant go over the middle, hes too small, not physical at all. He is not a complete package at WR. Get over it, hes just not that good. Nor is he as bad as #56, or behind Josh Reed.

For what its worth, Lee is one of my favorite Bills. Ive met him multiple times, hes a real class act. But we have to realize what he is and what he isnt. Hes not a complete receiver, but he is pretty good. Thats it though.

You absolutely nailed it.

He is good, not great. #56 is laughable, and so is #8 (per some other stupid list that someone posted last week).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You absolutely nailed it.

He is good, not great. #56 is laughable, and so is #8 (per some other stupid list that someone posted last week).

Agreed I'd put him somewhere in the 20-30 range, I think we'd all think a lot differently of Lee if he was playing in Indy or New Orleans though.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

So, what are the excuses for Lee going to be? No QB, No line, No Coach, No Shoes, No Glasses....

FOR THE LAST TIME HE HASN'T HAD A CONSISTENT QUARTERBACK TO THROW HIM THE BALL. Not to mention no receiver could have done anything in this offense not even jerry rice could have done anything in this offense with captain checkdown as a quarterback. Under 1 full season when lee evans had 1 quarterback the whole season it was his most consistent season. I'm referring to 2006 when he had 1200 yard season, 82 catches and 8tds losman took every snap from center that season. Since edwards has been his quarterback and has been scared to throw the ball 20 yards upfield his numbers have dropped. and the guy only had 44 catches last season and still managed to reel in 7tds.

Agreed I'd put him somewhere in the 20-30 range, I think we'd all think a lot differently of Lee if he was playing in Indy or New Orleans though.

Sure, but any WR is 'better' in Indy and NO. Trent Edwards would be a lot better if he started for Pittsburgh or New England.

Players who are truly great make other players better. Evans doesn't do that.

This list has Randy Moss way down at number 21 (only one spot above Devin Aromashodu and only 2 spots above Mushin Muhammad) when he is still easily top 10. I'm thinking the way this list was put together is a little suspect.

My 2 cents.

Lee Evans SHOULD be used more. They are paying him top tier WR money. There is nothing wrong with using your best player every game but the Coaches to this point have not created ways to effectively get him the rock.

Hopefully under The Chan this will change . I have a feeling that he will get the ball to Lee more often.

Now having said all that do we have a QB that will give him a chance to shine?? I think you know the answer to that question.

So, what are the excuses for Lee going to be? No QB, No line, No Coach, No Shoes, No Glasses....

There is plenty to critique about the Buffalo Bills. Lee Evans is not a part of the teams woes however. Further, he's actually wasting his promising career playing in Buffalo. And being a team player hasn't complained!! Find someone else to B word and moan about ass-hole.

My 2 cents.

Lee Evans SHOULD be used more. They are paying him top tier WR money. There is nothing wrong with using your best player every game but the Coaches to this point have not created ways to effectively get him the rock.

Hopefully under The Chan this will change . I have a feeling that he will get the ball to Lee more often.

Now having said all that do we have a QB that will give him a chance to shine?? I think you know the answer to that question.

STOP! WE KNOW IT'S YOUR "2 cents"

Lee Evans on Indy would have to learn to run more routes and go over the middle.

Lee Evans, on Indy, would have a reason to run more routes and go over the middle because he'd have a QB who could find him when he's open and not lead him directly into the path of someone trying to take his head off. Reggie Wayne rarely goes over the middle unless it's a massive clear out designed to get him the ball in space. Otherwise his "middle routes" consist of mostly of sit down square ins.

It's pretty sad to watch so many people hate on players who are clearly fighting an uphill battle. Receivers are absolutely at the mercy of protection, scheme, support players at their own position, and the QB who is supposed to deliver the ball.

Hmmm...yes...because "ProFootballFocus.com" is the bastion of all football knowledge in the world. If only we all had such marvelous credentials.

Without the actual game film, their claims to study "every player on every play" are overstated at best, or a bad joke at worst. Basing a system on television coverage wouldn't allow even 25% accuarcy in terms of every player/every play, putting aside the subjectiveness of any grading they may do.

"How Accurate Are the Statistics and Grading" :devil:

"Clearly we're not lucky enough to have the game film the teams use and hence anything to do with the Secondary, Receivers downfield and coverage is limited at best. I'd love to do some work on which receivers were open on which play against which coverages but for the moment that's a long way off." (Ya think?!)

HAHAHA...this might be the dumbest list I have seen...I love how you put this up when this list has FIVE players ranked AHEAD of Fitzgerald and A. Johnson who are easily the two best recievers in all of football.

I LOVE that Malcolm Floyd is ranked #7 and Lee is #56 considering there isnt a GM or coach that would take Floyd over Evans. In fact, if we traded Lee for Floyd we would also be getting a good draft pick in return plus Floyd...What is even better, is that Floyd is freaking ranked 7 when I guarantee not a single GM would put him in the top 30 and he would have a tough time making the top 40 or so even

This list ranks right up there with Southgeorgiabills fan trying to convince people that Trent pwned Brady week 1 last year and one of the dumbest things I have seen on here...

I mean seriously, the list has Floyd ranked 7th...geezus, this board never ceases to amaze me...

HAHAHA...this might be the dumbest list I have seen...I love how you put this up when this list has FIVE players ranked AHEAD of Fitxgerald and A. Johnson who are easily the two best recievers in all of football.

I LOVE that Malcolm Floyd is ranked #7 and Lee is #56 considering there isnt a GM or coach that would take Floyd over Evans. In fact, if we traded Lee for Floyd we would also be getting a good draft pick in return plus Floyd...What is even better, is that Floyd is freaking ranked 7 when I guarantee not a single GM would put him in the top 30 and he would have a tough time making the top 40 or so even

This list ranks right up there with Southgeorgiabills fan trying to convince people that Trent powned Brady week 1 last year and one of the dumbest things I have seen on here...

I mean seriously, the list has Floyd ranked 7th...geezus, this board never ceases to amaze me...

ditto! :devil:

How does he rank among receivers in terms of paycheck? He must be in the top 5?

I would estimate he is probably the leagues' most expensive player in the pay/production ratio. He seems to get paid the most for the least production.

Now that is how you build a non-playoff team!

HAHAHA...this might be the dumbest list I have seen...I love how you put this up when this list has FIVE players ranked AHEAD of Fitzgerald and A. Johnson who are easily the two best recievers in all of football.

This list ranks right up there with Southgeorgiabills fan trying to convince people that Trent pwned Brady week 1 last year and one of the dumbest things I have seen on here...

You should have scrolled down to post #13. But since you didn't, here's what I replied with:

The excuses reign...

I just posted this to see how many people would make excuses for Evans, because there are a lot of them out there. Now, is Evans really the #56 ranked receiver? Hell no, we all know he is better than that. The Bills have been a dysfunctional mess for most of the decade, which is any reason for any player on this team to be an underacheiver, regardless of their position. IMO, Evans is one of the best #2 WR's in the league, but as a #1 WR, he's not in the top 20. Evans lacks the size to outleap and outmuscle DB's and is unable to shake the double-teams. Evans needs a big physical WR to compliment him, hopefully Stevie Johnson or James Hardy can be that guy. Maybe with having an offensive minded coach (Gailey), he can put Evans & Parrish is better positions to succeed.

How does he rank among receivers in terms of paycheck? He must be in the top 5?

I would estimate he is probably the leagues' most expensive player in the pay/production ratio. He seems to get paid the most for the least production.

Now that is how you build a non-playoff team!

See any player signed by Washington in the last 2-3 years...

You should have scrolled down to post #13. But since you didn't, here's what I replied with:

The excuses reign...

I just posted this to see how many people would make excuses for Evans, because there are a lot of them out there. Now, is Evans really the #56 ranked receiver? Hell no, we all know he is better than that. The Bills have been a dysfunctional mess for most of the decade, which is any reason for any player on this team to be an underacheiver, regardless of their position. IMO, Evans is one of the best #2 WR's in the league, but as a #1 WR, he's not in the top 20. Evans lacks the size to outleap and outmuscle DB's and is unable to shake the double-teams. Evans needs a big physical WR to compliment him, hopefully Stevie Johnson or James Hardy can be that guy. Maybe with having an offensive minded coach (Gailey), he can put Evans & Parrish is better positions to succeed.

Well, this is not how you presented this thread or your comments in your original post. You also lost me the moment I opened the list and read Vincent Jackson as #1, Floyd #7, Reed ahead of Evans, Moss ranked something like 22...etc, etc. Clearly, this is the stupidest WR ranking list ever created.

You definitely didnt present this as if you thought Lee was ranked way higher than that or that the ranking was absurd, so you have to expect these kinds of responses. And no, I didnt read any posts really once I saw this absurd list and your original post.

You want to know what I love about his board? I love how all these posters use the O Line to make excuses for Trent, then many of those same people bash Evans who is literally about 10 times more talented and valuable to this team than Trent. So, Trent gets all these excuses like the O Line and coaching, but then they bash Lee for not being more productive and completely ignore the fact that our QB's have been ATROCIOUS during most of Lee's career. People forget that he was amongst the leaders in TD's his first few years in the league, that was until Trent took over full time and completely stalled Lees career.

So the talent challenged Trent gets a pass, but the immensly talented Lee doesnt even though my mother could have been a more effective QB for this team than what we have had the last 2 years.

PS: Its not an excuse when its fact! Fact is our QB's have been so bad that they have been embarrasing, thats not an excuse, thats a fact. Look at how pedestrian Moss looked in Oak with younger legs versus how unstoppable he was in Minn and NE...Look at Welker in Mia and Welker in NE...not even comparable...