Charles Robinson (Yahoo Sports)

Kingfish

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Smith is coming off an injury and Mo Morris is the number two in Detroit. I dont think Moris could handle a workload for the year if K Smith is not %100.

I think Detroit could be a realistic destination for Lynch.

Just my measly 2 cents.

Kevin Smith is coming off an injury and Mo Morris is the number two in Detroit. I dont think Moris could handle a workload for the year if K Smith is not %100.

I think Detroit could be a realistic destination for Lynch.

Just my measly 2 cents.

yeah me too

If this trade ends up being legit, and it turns out that Okung, Williams and Bulaga are all off the board then I think Spiller becomes the pick. All around good human being with eye-popping skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

I don't think they feel Bulaga is the guy. If Nix is 1/2 the talent evaluator I feel he is then he knows Bulaga is a RIGHT tackle in the NFL and we dont' need one.

Spiller is a game breaker and I feel he will be the pick. Some people on here are gonna owe Charles davis or whatever his name is on NFLN an apology :-)

you act like they wont be able to add another RB if they trade Lynch

this team isnt in position to be creating holes when they have so many others to fill but Lynch is a dog and an idiot, this would be addition by subtraction

if and when they trade Lynch the Spiller rumors will start to heat up again

Agreed, I think the Bills can find a RB after the third round that would be a good complement to FJ. I have them taking Chris Brown in the draft. Supposedly his stock dropped due the combine. Before that he was expected to go a lot higher in the draft. I think he's gonna be very good.

Getting rid of Lynch now for anything is better than losing him for a year and getting nothing. JMO

If this trade ends up being legit, and it turns out that Okung, Williams and Bulaga are all off the board then I think Spiller becomes the pick. All around good human being with eye-popping skills.

It seems clear that the Bills are trying to move Marshawn and ML does not want to be here.

Maybe trading him will wake his ass up. He has talent, hate to see him go , I like the kid but Spiller would be an upgrade if this went down.

I have been saying for a while that 2 dark horse picks would be Spiller or DE Morgan.

Too bad the Lynch-Marshall trade didn't go through. I would have traded Lynch for Marshall, drafted Spiller, traded a fourth for Campbell, and then draft 2 tackles with our next picks. I honestly think that would give us a great offense. Campbell firing to Marshall and Evans, a coach who knows how to use Parrish, an emerging Stevie Johnson, and an exciting running back tandem of Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller? Yes please!

Too bad the Lynch-Marshall trade didn't go through. I would have traded Lynch for Marshall, drafted Spiller, traded a fourth for Campbell, and then draft 2 tackles with our next picks. I honestly think that would give us a great offense. Campbell firing to Marshall and Evans, a coach who knows how to use Parrish, an emerging Stevie Johnson, and an exciting running back tandem of Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller? Yes please!

Sometimes it's just to good to be true. That would be the cat's meow. Punch me in the mouth kind of stuff.. Go time.. Ron Burgandy time!

More Spiller for your eyeball-goodness.

I hadn't seen him play before. I've been watching the numerous youtube videos in the last couple of days and they're just ridiculous.

As they said on Sirius NFL Radio, in the hands of the right coach Spiller could be deadly and worth paying as a top 10 pick. He needs eight to ten touches a game at RB, four to six in the slot as a WR, and return kicks or punts. If he doesn't get 15 to 20 touches a game you're paying him too much.

I hadn't seen him play before. I've been watching the numerous youtube videos in the last couple of days and they're just ridiculous.

As they said on Sirius NFL Radio, in the hands of the right coach Spiller could be deadly and worth paying as a top 10 pick. He needs eight to ten touches a game at RB, four to six in the slot as a WR, and return kicks or punts. If he doesn't get 15 to 20 touches a game you're paying him too much.

Reminds me of a less hyped Reggie Bush

Reminds me of a less hyped Reggie Bush

Pro Football Weekly's latest draft book has an interesting point on this. They say that if Reggie Bush actually lived up to his pre-draft hype then Spiller would be talked about as the #1 overall pick. But because Bush has had his share of troubles adjusting to the NFL, some teams are wary of Spiller and just how successful he can be in the NFL since they've had similar college careers.

Pro Football Weekly's latest draft book has an interesting point on this. They say that if Reggie Bush actually lived up to his pre-draft hype then Spiller would be talked about as the #1 overall pick. But because Bush has had his share of troubles adjusting to the NFL, some teams are wary of Spiller and just how successful he can be in the NFL since they've had similar college careers.

Guys like Bush, Spiller, Slaton, Sproles all have their place in the NFL don't get me wrong, but as feature backs they tend to be lacking at the NFL level. Now, if you have a good OC who can find a way to get them separation and 1 on 1 matchups, then yes they can become game breakers. You have to put them out in space for them to be successful and get it into their heads early in their careers that those moves they relied on in college don't work at the next level.

Guys like Bush, Spiller, Slaton, Sproles all have their place in the NFL don't get me wrong, but as feature backs they tend to be lacking at the NFL level. Now, if you have a good OC who can find a way to get them separation and 1 on 1 matchups, then yes they can become game breakers. You have to put them out in space for them to be successful and get it into their heads early in their careers that those moves they relied on in college don't work at the next level.

I agree...And The Bills already have a feature back anyway in Fred Jackson...They'll need another HB if they Trade Lynch, and sure Spiller would be a great compliment...But there are other HB's in this Draft too...And a few that will be MUCH better value Picks in time...

Just last Year the Jets got Shonn Green in the 3rd Round and The Eagles got LeSean McCoy in The 2nd...Spiller is not AP...He's not going to be that kind of back...And if this Bills regime spends their 1st Pick, a top 10 Pick, on a 5-11-195 HB who's not even going to be the #1 Back in 2010 well...I'm not going to be a happy camper that's for sure...

Personally I'm hoping the Seahawks take Spiller at #6... :wallbash:

Bulaga is a RIGHT tackle in the NFL and we dont' need one.

Gotta disagree with you Ice. I think the Bills could use a right tackle as much as a left. I remember the last time we brought in a Raider cast-off to shore up the right side and that didn't turn out so well. If Bulaga is there at 9 I would much rather take him over Spiller...and I love Spiller. A starting RT would be on thefield for every offensive snap. A rotational running back would only see 50% at most. Good RB's can be found later (see McCluster and Ben Tate).

Gotta disagree with you Ice. I think the Bills could use a right tackle as much as a left. I remember the last time we brought in a Raider cast-off to shore up the right side and that didn't turn out so well. If Bulaga is there at 9 I would much rather take him over Spiller...and I love Spiller. A starting RT would be on thefield for every offensive snap. A rotational running back would only see 50% at most. Good RB's can be found later (see McCluster and Ben Tate).

gotta agree with tate, looks to be the steal of the draft right now

I agree...And The Bills already have a feature back anyway in Fred Jackson...They'll need another HB if they Trade Lynch, and sure Spiller would be a great compliment...But there are other HB's in this Draft too...And a few that will be MUCH better value Picks in time...

Just last Year the Jets got Shonn Green in the 3rd Round and The Eagles got LeSean McCoy in The 2nd...Spiller is not AP...He's not going to be that kind of back...And if this Bills regime spends their 1st Pick, a top 10 Pick, on a 5-11-195 HB who's not even going to be the #1 Back in 2010 well...I'm not going to be a happy camper that's for sure...

Personally I'm hoping the Seahawks take Spiller at #6... :wallbash:

i am not saying spiller is the pick but comparing spiller to ap--- that doesnt work. yeah, maybe Bush, but 2 things---

1) Spiller is Chris Johnson. If I said you could have Chris Johnson right now would you take him and pay for it? yes you would!

2) Bush was on USC. USC was insane. Spiller is on Clemson. A good program but not close to a USC.

Again, not saying Spiller is the pick. And clearly a home run rb is a luxury and we need meat, but spiller is more chris johnson than anyone else.

we'll see...

i love the idea of spiller because he is a speedy back, lynch and jackson have similar styles, spiller would add the one-two punch the Bills could use......wear 'em down with jackson, and let spiller hit the home run.....the problem would be taking him in the first round, only because of the gaping need at LT. GO BILLS!!

So let me get this straight: We trade McGahee for two 3rd-rounders and a 7, then pick Marshawn at #12 to replace him. Three years later, we trade Marshawn for ??? (maybe a 3rd-rounder? Maybe Peterson - a solid starter on the downside of his career) and draft CJ Spiller at #9 to replace him.

And this is supposed to be a good thing? Where are all the people who scream about how we can't even consider taking a QB until we have 5 all-pros on the O-line? That argument's even STRONGER when applied to RBs. And Spiller is a "luxury" type player, the kind of guy who really succeeds when you've got a strong team with a good foundation, and a guy like Spiller (or Percy Harvin last year) can just come in and make a few big plays in a limited role. Does that sound like our team? Gah! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

People, RB is the quickest-developing position, and also the one with the shortest shelf life. QB is usually the slowest-developing, and can have one of the longest shelf lives. The O-line as a whole typically takes a year or two to perform at a high level, because of the level of cohesion and familiarity required amongst the 5 members. So it is absolute stupidity for a team like the Bills, who have neither a good QB nor a good O-line, nor a good defense, to take an undersized RB at #9 overall.

It's more than just the offensive line and QB. The entire offense sucks. Fred Jackson was the only guy who could do anything, but he's not a home run threat. Evans is one-dimensional. Nelson has some potential at TE. Playmakers at WR and RB are as big of a need as QB and OT. If Spiller is the best player available at #9, pull the trigger.

I'm urked.

I can't seem to buy a jersey of a Bills player that stays with the team longer than a few years. McGahee, Losman and now Lynch.

I was able to 'resurrect' my Losman Jersey and wear it to a Las Vegas Locomotives game last year, now he's not even with the Locos. 0:)

I recall seeing an old Bledsoe #11 Jersey at St John Fischer a few years back, but the kid wearing the jesey put duct tape over the name and scribed 'Parrish' ----I laughed at the time but now I'm actually giving it some thought.

On the positive side, I am an football card collector and stockpiled Lych rookie cards when he was drafted. They have value, but in comparison they never seem to hold as much value as well as notable players of other teams. Perhaps they'll increase in value now.

Lets hope these rumors of trades, swaps and compensation all make sense the morning after the draft....or better yet when Gaily hoists the Lombardi over his head while being showered by red, white and blue confetti. :wallbash:

Go Bills!

I'm urked.

I can't seem to buy a jersey of a Bills player that stays with the team longer than a few years. McGahee, Losman and now Lynch.

This is one of the downsides to the current work of professional sports (and collegiate, to an extent). I gave up on spending a good chunk of money on a replica jersey after pitching a white Bledsoe to a buddy of mine when Drew went to Dallas. I personally buy Buffalo Bills merchandise (especially ones with the standing buffalo), but I'd consider DH Gate if I want to get a jersey.

So let me get this straight: We trade McGahee for two 3rd-rounders and a 7, then pick Marshawn at #12 to replace him. Three years later, we trade Marshawn for ??? (maybe a 3rd-rounder? Maybe Peterson - a solid starter on the downside of his career) and draft CJ Spiller at #9 to replace him.

And this is supposed to be a good thing? Where are all the people who scream about how we can't even consider taking a QB until we have 5 all-pros on the O-line? That argument's even STRONGER when applied to RBs. And Spiller is a "luxury" type player, the kind of guy who really succeeds when you've got a strong team with a good foundation, and a guy like Spiller (or Percy Harvin last year) can just come in and make a few big plays in a limited role. Does that sound like our team? Gah! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

People, RB is the quickest-developing position, and also the one with the shortest shelf life. QB is usually the slowest-developing, and can have one of the longest shelf lives. The O-line as a whole typically takes a year or two to perform at a high level, because of the level of cohesion and familiarity required amongst the 5 members. So it is absolute stupidity for a team like the Bills, who have neither a good QB nor a good O-line, nor a good defense, to take an undersized RB at #9 overall.

Easy solution..(definately won't happen) trade Lynch for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, draft Spiller at #9, trade #42 to Baltimore for Gaither, take the next best DT/OLB on the board with the next two picks (maybe two in round 3). Finish out the draft with one of the many QB's named in every other thread on this board, and a couple late round O-linemen.....too easy...way too easy..

i hadnt seen much of him either but wow, did you see the second gear kick in when he runs? impresive.. i'd be stoked to get him. even though i know we have more pressing needs.

Agreed, I can't claim to know that much about Spiller other than what everyone seems to be saying which is that he is extremely talented with homerun ability. Can he stay in the game and pass protect? From what I have read the answer, at least right now, is no. Therefore he is a situational back and we have way too many holes to fill before we go with a situational rusher at 9, too bad because he does sound like an exciting player

This is one of the downsides to the current work of professional sports (and collegiate, to an extent). I gave up on spending a good chunk of money on a replica jersey after pitching a white Bledsoe to a buddy of mine when Drew went to Dallas. I personally buy Buffalo Bills merchandise (especially ones with the standing buffalo), but I'd consider DH Gate if I want to get a jersey.

I bought two of the Chinese 'knock off' Lynch Jerseys for about $35 a piece. --All sewn, look authentic, really nice.

I'm gonna miss wearing those to the bar weekly. I live in Vegas and Bills gear is very difficult to find out West, so all purchases usually come via e-bay or online shopping. ---Who knows, after another run-in with the law in a few years Lynch might be playing for an arena team or a UFL team and he'll be more accessable for an autograph on one of those jerseys. I'll get them framed for my 'man cave' lol

Thanks for the tip. :wallbash:

All of this speculation... watch it be Portis who gets traded 0:) Sorry, just trying to keep my Lynch autographed standing Buffalo helmet from becoming obsolete :wallbash:

I named my Son 'O.J' .....my daughter 'Marshawn' .....and now this? 0:)

i am not saying spiller is the pick but comparing spiller to ap--- that doesnt work. yeah, maybe Bush, but 2 things---

1) Spiller is Chris Johnson. If I said you could have Chris Johnson right now would you take him and pay for it? yes you would!

2) Bush was on USC. USC was insane. Spiller is on Clemson. A good program but not close to a USC.

Again, not saying Spiller is the pick. And clearly a home run rb is a luxury and we need meat, but spiller is more chris johnson than anyone else.

we'll see...

That's kinda going out on a limb a bit...Considering Johnson just had a 2000 yd Season...But I can understand the comparison...No question Spiller has a heck of a Highlight reel...Even still...Even if He was the next Chris Johnson, I still would not take him (for THIS Buffalo Bills Team) over a big body, or a QB, or even a Trade Down...If The Bills did not have Freddie right now then fine...But they do have a 1000 yd back and SO many more pressing Needs...I just don't think they have the luxury of taking a Top 10 HB when a decent one can be had in the middle of ANY Draft... B-)

I wouldn't take a RB in the first round given their propensity for injury and the league being more pass oriented. Not to mention, RB's depend a great deal on an OL, and Buffalo's is a among the league's worst there.

TD/Marv/DJ/Brandon used no fewer than 8 draft picks in rounds 1-2 from 04-08 on non-lineman. The exception was McCargo, who is a bust. And some fans wonder why the toughest positions to find, OT's and pass-rushers, haven't been filled yet.

Your point is strong, but I think fans begin to like specialty players because their actions on the field are more easily quantifiable whereas OL or DL are not. Homer goober fans would rather build a fantasy team than a real one, and Spiller fits their football needs.

All of this speculation... watch it be Portis who gets traded :) Sorry, just trying to keep my Lynch autographed standing Buffalo helmet from becoming obsolete B-)

It's interesting you say that, because under the ESPN NFL Insiders headlines, a Washington Redskins logo is shown, while talking about a probowl running back being traded..