Texas Stadium being imploded tomorrow

would be nice to see the cowboys at the bottom of the nfc east this year no doubt. Perhaps this stadium implosion is an omen of things to come?

When I first started reading your post I thought you were going to say that it would be nice to see the cowboys at the bottom of the stadium rubble pile... :angry:

I've never been able to stand the Cowboys, but it always makes me sad to see a little piece of our past disappear.

A lot of Sundays for a long time started with Pat Summerall and that aerial view of Texas Stadium.

I saw my very first NFL game there..I grew up in Dallas in the 70's andThat Stadium has a lot of memories for me as a Child growing up.. It kinda leaves a bad feeling in my stomach...

The cowboys leave a bad feeling in everybody's stomach. Please refer to SB XXVII and XXVIII.

BTW the earlier mentioned "charity" is probably the over-stretched billionaires stadium mortgage fund.

does anyone else think that this is so excessive and unnecessary? The G.D. thing was built like yesterday

are we going to have to tear down HSBC Arena soon?

Actually it was build a little before Rich/RWS was. And Rich was SO much nicer.

When I first started reading your post I thought you were going to say that it would be nice to see the cowboys at the bottom of the stadium rubble pile... 0:)

I wouldn't cry if Jerry "I have no idea what team means" Jones was in the bottom of the rubble.

Any chance we can get a secret meeting between Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder there just before zero time? :wallbash:

;)

That was tried at the practice facility. No such luck 0:)

0:)

I too grew up in Dallas and went to hundreds of games at Texas Stadium. I sold programs there off and on from 1972 until 1988. I got fired from selling programs the same day Tom Landry got fired. I have many great memories of the place. My Dad was a printing salesman and sold stuff to the Cowboys. He "worked" in the press box. We'd arrive 2 hours before game time and literally park in the front row of the parking lot. We sold programs until about kickoff and then tuned in our money and went to find seats to watch the game. So tomorrow will be kind of a sad day for me. I plan to avoid it at all costs.

To build on what someone else said, I too think it's ridiculous in this day and age that a fine stadium such as Texas Stadium can stand for only 38 (opened in 1972) years before it is deemed un-useful and unworthy and must be destroyed. If left alone, the thing could probably stand for another 1000 years. If taken care of it could host football games for another 100 years.

Really though, I think JJ has been looking forward to this day for a long time. Once he took over, he ran that stadium in the ground. Part of his master plan to remove the old history of the once glorious franchise for people in Dallas to only remember him and his goofball Mausoleum with the Jumbo Jerry Tron.

When JJ took over my love for the Cowboys faded rapidly. Thanks to the love of a good woman I was able to turn my fandom full time to the Bills in 1996.

go BILLS !!

Actually it was build a little before Rich/RWS was. And Rich was SO much nicer.

Ah, I see. Thats not too, too bad, especially that most teams have upgraded in the past 10 years.

I still have no problem with Rich Stadium. They can keep the thing standing until 2050 and Ill be happy. Character is good, luxury is bad. Its football, the cameras are all on the field most of the time and all stadiums are equal on TV. Baseball is different because the dimensions and backdrop add to the game appear on TV

does anyone else think that this is so excessive and unnecessary? The G.D. thing was built like yesterday

are we going to have to tear down HSBC Arena soon?

Spoken like someone who's never stood 1500 feet from an imploding building. Yes...these things are ALWAYS necessary. The $25 parking charge is a load of ****, though.

Spoken like someone who's never stood 1500 feet from an imploding building. Yes...these things are ALWAYS necessary.

That's not what he was talking about. He was talking about the concept of stadiums becoming obsolete in only 30-40 years.

It was absolutely amazing to see. The fireworks beforehand didn't mean much because it was already daylight. Video just doesn't do it justice. So glad I hauled my butt out of bed at 5am. It may well be the only chance I'll ever have to see something like that in person.

I have no good memories of the structure - but I know how I'd feel if it were the Ralph I was watching - so I understood the emotion of the moment for all the CB fans who were around me.

It was absolutely amazing to see. The fireworks beforehand didn't mean much because it was already daylight. Video just doesn't do it justice. So glad I hauled my butt out of bed at 5am. It may well be the only chance I'll ever have to see something like that in person.

I have no good memories of the structure - but I know how I'd feel if it were the Ralph I was watching - so I understood the emotion of the moment for all the CB fans who were around me.

I am sure it was much better in person but

is a good video of it. My favorite part is after its over you hear this thick southern drawl "do it again!"

I live about 10-12 miles away and could hear the rumbling this morning. Amazing.

This stadium has fallen into disrepair and was probably the worst in the league. The only thing Jerry took care of is what showed on TV. The city even forced him to repaint the roof a few years back.

Rich Stdium was a nicer place to watch a game.

That's not what he was talking about. He was talking about the concept of stadiums becoming obsolete in only 30-40 years.

I stand by my statement. If it ends with an implosion, then yes, 30-40 years for a stadium is plenty. Hell, make it ten years B-)