Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Brohm, Campbell  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Brohm, Campbell, Edwards, Fitzpatrick

• Brohm
    • Campbell
    • Edwards
    • Fitzpatrick

Then Jason Campbell for sure

You clearly have never seen Campbell play...admit it.

If you liked the way McKelvin finished out the NE game or if you enjoyed Parrish vs the Browns

then you will love Campbell as a for sure starter.

Most people on this board look at the stats but have never seen him play

that's the only reason I can understand why Campbell's name keep coming up in threads.

If you liked the way McKelvin finished out the NE game or if you enjoyed Parrish vs the Browns

that's the only reason I can understand why Campbell's name keep coming up in threads.

You clearly have never seen Edwards play... admit it.

If you liked the 4-yard checkdown on 4th and 22 or if you enjoyed the 3 first-quarter picks vs the Browns then you will love Edwards as a for sure starter.

Just teasing you, but the point is that Campbell, as crappy to mediocre as he is, is nonetheless a significant upgrade over last year's starter.

If you liked the 4-yard checkdown on 4th and 22 or if you enjoyed the 3 first-quarter picks vs the Browns then you will love Edwards as a for sure starter.

Just teasing you, but the point is that Campbell, as crappy to mediocre as he is, is nonetheless a significant upgrade over last year's starter.

I had never been sooo frustrated with one player before, until those plays happened. My blood was boiling I was so heated. It happened in back to back games too! After those plays, I wanted Trentative to accompany Dorothy on her trip to find the Wizard. Who would he replace? The Tin Man of course! Trent needs a heart...

There are so many ways this could work out. I can see the pecking order being:

Campbell

Fitz

Brohm

Edwards

or

Campbell

Brohm

Fitz

Edwards

possibly

Brohm

Campbell

Fitz

Edwards

or even

Brohm

Fitz

Campbell

Edwards

If they want a caretaker for a year it could be:

Fitz

Brohm

Campbell

Edwards

or

Fitz

Campbell

Brohm

Edwards.

That is pretty much every combination that makes any sense.

Exactly, and stats are for losers.

Given those 4, I would probably go with Brohm :angry:

but I don't know for how long.

For Stojans and Giggles, lets say the Bills trade for Jason Campbell

They now have 4 QBs in camp. Who should start?

To prevent any appearance of bias, the QB choices in the poll have been placed in Alphabetanumerical order

If Campbell is brought in via trade, then he is handsdown the starter of the team. Otherwise, why make the trade and lose picks? Campbell may be a slight improvement over the other 3, but only b/c he has more experience.

Best long term scenario for the Bills... LT in round 1, QB of future drafted in round 2 or later.

Don't overpay and lose draft picks on mediocre QB!

I vote Fitz. Best of the 4. I've seen Campbell play many times and I can't believe his stats are as good as they look on paper. Trent, please. What makes one think he's gonna be any better? He's got worse and worse over the last 3 years. Brohm, may be good, may suck. Don't know and don't want to maybe waste a season to find out.

Working with a new coach who designs things around Fitz I could see actually working. He's not great, but he's football smart. Knows when to take a chance. He owns the Bills record for the longest TD pass and the longest run from scrimmage for TD by a QB. Also appears to have leadership.

I hope it doesn't come down to these 4, but if it does, Fitz is my man.

I have seen Trent Edwards play before and nobody I mean nobody can be worse than that.

For those who haven't seen Campbell play and aren't fortunate enough to be able to use the search function on NFL.com, these are provided as a public service.

It's a strain, I know - but here's the Washington Bar Nuts 2009 "highlights"

Preseason Week 3 vs. Patsies*

Week 11 vs. Cowgirls

Week 14 vs. Riddlers

vs. Staints

vs. Iggles

Clearly Campbell is a no-talent-noodle-armed-checkdown-artist-brain-dead-lead-legged-statue of a QB who would be a disastrous pickup for The Bills.

For those who haven't seen Campbell play and aren't fortunate enough to be able to use the search function on NFL.com, these are provided as a public service.

Week 11 vs. Cowgirls

Week 14 vs. Riddlers

vs. Staints

vs. Iggles

Clearly Campbell is a no-talent-noodle-armed-checkdown-artist-brain-dead-lead-legged-statue of a QB who would be a disastrous pickup for The Bills.

Wow are those throws down the field over 10 yards...gosh I haven't seen one of those in about 3 years or so. Damn...

I think we all agree about TE as well. Campbell is not an upgrade. Campbell is another flavor of bad quarterbacking that the Bills will drag their feet and take two years to remove once they realize he sucks. I would rather go for the unknown and draft a QB. I would also make the move on Troy Smith for a low round pick. Then decide between TE or RF on who would hold the clipboard for the first string clipboard holder.

Week 11 vs. Cowgirls

Week 14 vs. Riddlers

vs. Staints

vs. Iggles

Interesting selection..wow looking at these highlights why didn't Campbell make the probowl? Why did the the Redskins trade for McNabb? Doesn't Shanahan realize what he has?....How about looking at how Campbell handled the jaugernaut defenses of the Lions, Chiefs, Panthers, or the Rams all losses to previous winless teams except the Rams, a game where he or the skins could not find the endzone. The Redskins could not find the endzone against the Rams, Chiefs, Giants and Cowboys twice . The Redskins clearly had the easiest schedule in the league and Campbell led his team to a 4-12.

I think we all agree about TE as well. Campbell is not an upgrade. Campbell is another flavor of bad quarterbacking that the Bills will drag their feet and take two years to remove once they realize he sucks. I would rather go for the unknown and draft a QB. I would also make the move on Troy Smith for a low round pick. Then decide between TE or RF on who would hold the clipboard for the first string clipboard holder.

Campbell ain't Joe Montana, but he's a HUGE upgrade over what we have in camp. I've seen him play a lot over the past few years here in DC and they changed up the system constantly. He took the heat for the Joe Gibbs' debacle of a return and let's face it, if there was any team that made the Bills' coaching situation look stable by comparison, it was the Jim Zorn fiasco. And once that stabilized a bit last year, Campbell did well despite having no real #1 WR, a crappy running game, and Cooley on IR.

And he can handle intense media scrutiny...he's been one of the few class acts in the 3 ring circus at Fedex field, despite D-bags like clinton portis taking shots at him. Not a cut and dried decision to trade a 4th rounder for Campbell, and it would still make sense to look for a QB in the draft, but I certainly don't get all the Brohm love on this board. He was a #3 QB, then a practice squad QB who was waived. We all know TE's limitations. Fitz is nothing more than a #2 QB. Campbell is a starting NFL QB.

:angry::D

Campbell ain't Joe Montana, but he's a HUGE upgrade over what we have in camp. I've seen him play a lot over the past few years here in DC and they changed up the system constantly. He took the heat for the Joe Gibbs' debacle of a return and let's face it, if there was any team that made the Bills' coaching situation look stable by comparison, it was the Jim Zorn fiasco. And once that stabilized a bit last year, Campbell did well despite having no real #1 WR, a crappy running game, and Cooley on IR.

And he can handle intense media scrutiny...he's been one of the few class acts in the 3 ring circus at Fedex field, despite D-bags like clinton portis taking shots at him. Not a cut and dried decision to trade a 4th rounder for Campbell, and it would still make sense to look for a QB in the draft, but I certainly don't get all the Brohm love on this board. He was a #3 QB, then a practice squad QB who was waived. We all know TE's limitations. Fitz is nothing more than a #2 QB. Campbell is a starting NFL QB.

You are making the argument to draft Clausen. Not only does he have the physical tools necessary to be a successful qb, he also has a more aggressive personality to lead a team. He is the type of person who can push other players to do better because no one is not going to acknowledge his maximum work efforts. What he does on and off the field will give him more credibility than the other more passive personalities at qb have to offer.

Most people who have a nickle worth of objectivity recognize that the Bills are a very long way from respectability. If you can get your franchise qb in the first year of a new front office and coaching staff then you should do it. Last year, Jimmy Clausen played well. He did that with a very damaged foot. That in itself says something about his toughness and committment to the game.

There are a lot of short term things that Buddy Nix can do to quickly get the Bills to the level of respectabililty. Instead of striving for something so limited why not think outside of the typical small Buffalo box and go for the player with the big upside. The Bills need to establish a new identity and break away from the embarrassing past. Clausen more than the other lackluster qb prospects gives us the opportunity to move in the right direction away from the pervasive stench of mediocrity. In this case being bold is not reckless. It is the smart thing to do.

Interesting selection....How about looking at how Campbell handled the jauggernaut defenses of the Lions, Chiefs, Panthers, or the Rams all losses to previous winless teams except the Rams, a game where he or the skins could not find the endzone. The Redskins could not find the endzone against the Rams, Chiefs, Giants and Cowboys twice . The Redskins clearly had the easiest schedule in the league and Campbell led his team to a 4-12.

For example, in the Rams' game, there were 2 dropped passes in the endzone (devin thomas and mike sellers) and at the end of the game, the useless clinton portis was stuffed at the 1 yd line. what could have been a great statistical game for Campbell was bungled by the Skins general ineptitude.

Against the Lions, it was 100% time of possession. Skins D was beat by Stafford and Kevin Smith ran for 100yds. Zorn also went with Portis on a goalline 4th and 1 and whiffed. The Lions went 99yds for a score

I watched the skins a lot last year...Campbell was not their problem.

There are so many ways this could work out. I can see the pecking order being:

Campbell

Fitz

Brohm

Edwards

or

Campbell

Brohm

Fitz

Edwards

possibly

Brohm

Campbell

Fitz

Edwards

or even

Brohm

Fitz

Campbell

Edwards

If they want a caretaker for a year it could be:

Fitz

Brohm

Campbell

Edwards

or

Fitz

Campbell

Brohm

Edwards.

That is pretty much every combination that makes any sense.

:angry: In every case Edwards is last. I sense a pattern here.

For example, in the Rams' game, there were 2 dropped passes in the endzone (devin thomas and mike sellers) and at the end of the game, the useless clinton portis was stuffed at the 1 yd line. what could have been a great statistical game for Campbell was bungled by the Skins general ineptitude.

Against the Lions, it was 100% time of possession. Skins D was beat by Stafford and Kevin Smith ran for 100yds. Zorn also went with Portis on a goalline 4th and 1 and whiffed. The Lions went 99yds for a score

I watched the skins a lot last year...Campbell was not their problem.

I was at the Redskins home games and the fans felt that Campbell was the main problem as well as bad offensive line.

The only potentially great game Campbell played was against the Saints where he still threw the OT pick.

I'm not judging Campbell on last year alone. What about the previous 3 years??? How about when Todd Collins took the team to the playoffs after Campbell was injured. Campbell could not have won those games.

You are making the argument to draft Clausen. Not only does he have the physical tools necessary to be a successful qb, he also has a more aggressive personality to lead a team. He is the type of person who can push other players to do better because no one is not going to acknowledge his maximum work efforts. What he does on and off the field will give him more credibility than the other more passive personalities at qb have to offer.

Most people who have a nickle worth of objectivity recognize that the Bills are a very long way from respectability. If you can get your franchise qb in the first year of a new front office and coaching staff then you should do it. Last year, Jimmy Clausen played well. He did that with a very damaged foot. That in itself says something about his toughness and committment to the game.

There are a lot of short term things that Buddy Nix can do to quickly get the Bills to the level of respectabililty. Instead of striving for something so limited why not think outside of the typical small Buffalo box and go for the player with the big upside. The Bills need to establish a new identity and break away from the embarrassing past. Clausen more than the other lackluster qb prospects gives us the opportunity to move in the right direction away from the pervasive stench of mediocrity. In this case being bold is not reckless. It is the smart thing to do.

After hearing about Clausens pro day, I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted. We need a QB, OL, DL. Why not take Clausen and fullfill the other needs in the later rounds. We tend to draft better in the later rounds anyway.

I would rather see Clausen than Tebow in a Bills uniform.

After hearing about Clausens pro day, I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted. We need a QB, OL, DL. Why not take Clausen and fullfill the other needs in the later rounds. We tend to draft better in the later rounds anyway.

I would rather see Clausen than Tebow in a Bills uniform.

Without even discussing physical tools there is not a qb in this draft (including Bradford) who is better mentally prepared to run a pro offense than he is. Under Weis he was schooled to read defenses, check off plays and take snaps directly behind the center. Players such as Tebow, Jarrett Brown, Pike etc are years away from being prepared to start in the NFL.

If Clausen is drafted the Bills could pick up a veteran such as Bulger who can be the short term bride player before he becomes the starting qb. In my view the qb is the most instrumental player on the field for both the offense and even the defense. If your offense is working at a decent level that keeps your defense off the field more.

There are a number of people who state that the Bills need to solidify the OL and DL before drafting a qb with a high pick. Some of these same people who make that argument state that we can draft our franchise qb next year. What happens if the Bills continue to be a mediocre team and draft in the 6-10 range again, and again? Isn't it smarter to get your franchise qb candidate on the team sooner rather than later? The argument that there is no sure thing drafting a qb high is nonsensical in that there is no sure thing drafting any player high at any position.

Would drafting Clausen be a bold move? Maybe so. But what is wrong with shaking things up and demonstrating some creativity and courage to the most boring and staid franchise in the NFL?

Jason Campbell is a loser quarterback--and, in my view, will never be able to lead a team to any kind of real success. NO chance of him leading a team to the Superbowl.

He looks like a rookie: still makes rookie mistakes, holds on to the ball too long, can't seem to read defenses, seems to have no touch on balls over 12 or so yards.

Why bring is someone who looks soo bad, who, and I assume many would agree, offers this team almost no chance to either win consistently or to EVER take us to the promised land.

It is a loser mentality to want to bring in some yahoo who looks like a college quarterback still. His winning percentage is awful--and if you have watched the Redskins (despite decent looking stats) he is often a HUGE reason that they lose. I think their team has been much better, but that Campbell makes them look like a hapless group with no chance.

Let's say no to losers. The Bills have had enough of those since Kelly left.

Everyone hates Edwards but puts Campbell in front? I don't understand. It has to be because he was not in a Bills uniform last year. TE = JC. Campbell is a bum, Edwards is a bum, and I plain don't like Fitz. He is another Van Pelt, Volek type of guy. Back up until the end.

If there is one problem to the QB situation that needs to be fixed it's the damn O-Line and Gailey and Nix are sitting around picking their noses in that department. Obviously Woods and Levetire are good, but the rest are big bums. They have to fix the O-Line for any QB to have a chance. If you dont fix that, you might as well run the ball every play.

I voted Edwards. Not because he's the best QB, but because he's better than Fitz and Brohm and does not retard the development of this team by costing us even 1 draft pick. If Campbell was clearly franchise material, the pick is worth it. If not, why waste a pick on just "a guy".

For the life of me, I don't understand why people support Fitz. He's like a box a chocolates.....and not good ones.