How many starters out of this draft in rounds 2-7?

That to me is going to be the key thing. I personally think its possible to find 4 that should start.

I'd agree with four, but that would be including the first rounder. I think the expectation should be - especially with all the holes and new alignments - that the first and seconders both start/contribute heavily and then two of the later round picks (between 3 and 7) also start/contribute this season. Because of the positions of need being the more important positions however, I could see these numbers decreasing solely because they don't want to start a rookie QB or LT from day one.

I definitely see a NT, OLB, and OG or RT as potential starting positions for this year's rookie class. LT I think depends more on which player you draft, as I'm sure we'd all like to them play all year, they may be more of a developmental project in year one if it isn't one of the top two or three guys. I have a hard time seeing a rookie QB coming in here and starting. Not that I think the current QBs are that great, it just seems like Gailey won't rush someone in there until they can play and be successful and that Nix is probably on board with this strategy as well. If nothing else, the Cornell green signing shows that they would rather have a cheap, serviceable veteran as a stop-gap option as opposed to some rookie or second year-unproven player being the only option. It shows that they are trying to groom players that they draft into players that will play big roles for the team in the future. Last coaching staff seemed to be in more of a win now mode.

That to me is going to be the key thing. I personally think its possible to find 4 that should start.
You may find 4 that can start this year... will they still be starting or even on the team 3 years from now, that's more relevant to me.

Even with all the needs of the Bills, getting 2 starters out of round 2-7 would lead me to believe that it was a successful draft. Above 2 starters in those rounds would be an exceptional draft (Assuming that this year's first rounder will be a starter). 1 starter in rounds 2 to 7 would probably be on par with the rest of the league.

should be a no brainer since the entire front 7 needs to be overhauled, they have no NFL caliber OTs on the roster and only 1 NFL quality WR.

the players drafted could all suck and they still would start since there are so many holes. they just wouldn't make rosters of real NFL teams

should be a no brainer since the entire front 7 needs to be overhauled, they have no NFL caliber OTs on the roster and only 1 NFL quality WR.

the players drafted could all suck and they still would start since there are so many holes. they just wouldn't make rosters of real NFL teams

I get that the Bills suck, but statements like this are ridiculous. We pick 9th out of 32 teams, which means 8 teams were worse than us last year. Thats with no QB and no Oline, and a terrible coaching staff. This team really isnt that far off from being very competitive, certainly nowhere near a statement like this. Our D especially isnt bad, a few pieces and we may have a GOOD defense. Add a LT and QB to the offense and a NT to the D, and I think the addition of Edwards and Davis and the 3-4 switch will make us quite a bit better. I try to remain optimistic yet face reality, and I just dont see us being nearly as bad as some of you make us out to be.

I get that the Bills suck, but statements like this are ridiculous. We pick 9th out of 32 teams, which means 8 teams were worse than us last year. Thats with no QB and no Oline, and a terrible coaching staff. This team really isnt that far off from being very competitive, certainly nowhere near a statement like this. Our D especially isnt bad, a few pieces and we may have a GOOD defense. Add a LT and QB to the offense and a NT to the D, and I think the addition of Edwards and Davis and the 3-4 switch will make us quite a bit better. I try to remain optimistic yet face reality, and I just dont see us being nearly as bad as some of you make us out to be.

Thank you

I hate how negatiive everyone is on this board. We do have some needs but we are far from hopeless. We didnt go 0-16 but we didnt win the super bowl

We are medicore...Ive seen far worse

If we can address QB, NT, LT and OLB in this draft we are light years ahead.

it will be tought to fill two premier positions in one draft

but a LT , NT, center , olb wold be great

You may find 4 that can start this year... will they still be starting or even on the team 3 years from now, that's more relevant to me.

Hey, back in the magical 2006 draft, they had Whitner, Simpson, (EDIT: K. Williams), and Ellison starting. What a great draft, though conceivably none of those guys start in 2010.

I think it's funny to merely talk about starters. Finding starters at RB, LB, OG, and S isn't as challenging as locating QB's, OT's, NT/DT, and pass rushers. Yet, Buffalo drafted plenty of the first group from 06-09, and never found much in the latter.

It's a heckuva lot easier to find certain positions, especially when you use high picks. As good as Levitre and Wood are, I would expect guards taken in rounds 1 and 2 to be outstanding.

Even the blind squirrel gets the nut some of the time (see Brandon), but three starters would be what we could normally hope for. Development is what this team has lacked this decade. Show me a Bills team that ended the season with players playing better than they did at the start of the season. We've drafted some quality players but they haven't grown and excelled because the coaching was $#*&ing clueless.

!@#$ I would just take getting a NT, LT, and RT in the first three picks. Draft a solid LT round 1, pick up a big body NT in round 2, and fortify the RT in round 3. Getting both lines in order with this draft should be the priority. I feel like we can take this season to let this line get (Two more rookie starters) in order and build the 3-4 front 7 and figure out which 4-3 guys can fit the system.

Then next year we can put together the major offensive skill pieces. Either go after a QB or a WR then use the later round picks to pull in some more players for our D. Bottom line we get a good O-line and any QB we draft next year will be in a much better position to have success. If we get a NT we have one of the biggest pieces needed for a successful 3-4.

Hypothetically, if they draft Spiller in the 1st, trade their 2nd for Gathier, draft Cam Thomas in the 3rd, and trade a 4th for Jason Campbell, I think it's safe to say they get 4 starters out of this draft...