Bills promote Brandon, hire Buddy Nix as GM and Chan Gailey as HC

I think he means that before all this happened, we would have viewed this as a sick April Fools joke

Though not many would admit it--this is absolutely true.

Can you imagine the response as the season was winding up if, all at once, the Bills announced that the Nix was the GM, Gailey the HC, "Curtis Modkins" as the OC and "George Edwards" as the DC? Like, a big press conference where they introduced them after the following introduction:

"After a careful and exhaustive search......we introduce your new Buffalo Bills coaching staff!!"

I'm sure if you said this the day after DJ was fired, that most people would have reacted very negatively. But the rationale spread that even though no one wanted these guys, they were fine for Buffalo.

Marv Levy, Russ Brandon, Buddy Nix, Dick Jauron, and Chan Gailey were people no one wanted across 31 other teams in the NFL. Somehow, they've become good enough to desperate fans.

Cue the Marv Levy 1986 comment about not being wanted. Too bad Chan doesn't have Bill Polian as a GM.

Can you imagine the response as the season was winding up if, all at once, the Bills announced that the Nix was the GM, Gailey the HC, "Curtis Modkins" as the OC and "George Edwards" as the DC? Like, a big press conference where they introduced them after the following introduction:

"After a careful and exhaustive search......we introduce your new Buffalo Bills coaching staff!!"

Actually I would believe it because a good April Fools joke has to have something incredulous in it. What part of this joke seems out of character for the Bills?

Hiring Shanahan or Cowher? Now THAT'S incredulous!

PTR

lol.

I stay away from boards for the most part because all the slow adults have to post their unfunny april fool's threads.

But this one is good. Made me laugh.

Yeah, this is the only worthwhile one. I wish all the rest could somehow be confined to one single thread because they are stupidly annoying (do those two words go together? well, they do now).

Actually I would believe it because a good April Fools joke has to have something incredulous in it. What part of this joke seems out of character for the Bills?

Hiring Shanahan or Cowher? Now THAT'S incredulous!

PTR

I agree.

It was more in the reaction of the posters over the subsequent months where I found irony.

George Edwards was a great hire and I haven't heard anyone say anything to the contrary. Curtis Modkins was a funny one, but we all know he's a glorified assistant.

George Edwards was a great hire and I haven't heard anyone say anything to the contrary. Curtis Modkins was a funny one, but we all know he's a glorified assistant.

Edwards is a position coach who has had 7 jobs in the past ten years.

"We all know Modkins is a glorified assistant"...because Gailey is such an outstanding offensive genius?

You know, I could dredge up your incendiary threads from the days on which these moved happened, and contrast them to your POST-LOBOTOMY view of them, but I really don't have the time...

cool...was beginning to wonder if I was the only one to notice. your post effectively makes an important point that seems lost on the never neverland of TBD...

You know, I could dredge up your incendiary threads from the days on which these moved happened, and contrast them to your post-lobotomy view of them, but I really don't have the time...

So i says to the guys i says..... Rectum, Damn near killed'em :ph34r: I hate myself for that!